Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

NO expertise

Ayrial

Pve will not be better then pvp gear thats what they have already said

Understood and I heard that as well. Then Naked PVP happened and Expertise is being removed. Is that still in affect or is this latest knee jerk reaction to a problem they had a heads up on PTS going to NULL & VOID that statement.

Just not 100% postive on what's going to be better to use in PVP after Tuesday. My WH/EWH, Battlemaster, Recruit, Rakata or PVE (69's) gear.

They didn't fix it, they broke something else to accommodate it.. We had the naked issue on PTS, they shouldn't have gone live with it .

they didnt break anything else. how hard is it to understand?

bolster is designed for level 55 gear, which has new stat budgets. WH and EWH have level 50 stat budgets, which is why they got screwed out of bolster.

now tell me, what is easier. redo how bolster works to accommodate OUTDATED GEAR, or bring the outdated gear up to the standard of the new gear to appease the crying masses?

ffs.... :rolleyes:

Nevermind, I dug it up:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6144955#post6144955

Please read and comprehend all the facts before you continue complaining.

Also, LOLOLOL:

If you see players in PvP playing Naked from now on you should expect them to be underperforming stat wise and over performing cojones wise.

Edited by Aluvi

Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals

dont know about you but i worked hard to get my elite gear if they take away my expertise thats a smack in the face

i could have spent those countless hours farm col or rakata instead and got something useful.

The Expertise removal from EWH/WH gear is a good thing and really not that bad. Aside from the Armorings, EWH/WH mods are pretty awesome stat-wise. Pretty sure the stats are much better than Rakata and as good as Campaign gear. So PvPers still in lowbies sporting EWH/WH gear will be in good shape after the patch.

Conqueror gear, on the other hand, is a different story in comparison to Underworld gear at 55. ;)

Of course I expect better gear with each expansion, had my Coms capped ready for the Conqueror grind., but will Conqueror gear be obsolete in 3 months? Seems completely pointless to me, time to find a new game.

In three months? lol

My man, if Bolster remains, Conqueror gear is already obsolete.

My guild and I start raiding Scum and Villainy tomorrow. We have been running HM FPs all weekend getting people geared for PvP. My Sniper doesn't need two sets of gear at 55 after all. Just wearing the best PvE gear he can find now and taking the free Expertise from Bolster when running Regz.

If Bolster remains in RWZs, my guild is not even going to bother with Rateds.

Nevermind, I dug it up:

Also, LOLOLOL:

If you see players in PvP playing Naked from now on you should expect them to be underperforming stat wise and over performing cojones wise.

your logic is stupid and you smell funny.

Nevermind, I dug it up:

Also, LOLOLOL:

I read that too. They could have done a better job in the patch notes of saying "we are removing expertise but buffing old gear with bolster."

No.

You worked for war-hero gear to use pre 2.0 like everyone else. That's just as silly as me complaining that I worked for my Centurion gear and it's useless now, you just don't..

oh Man ! Noone worked for Centurion gear ! That was freestuff already

I read that too. They could have done a better job in the patch notes of saying "we are removing expertise but buffing old gear with bolster."

Wouldn't it have been assumed that they were going to boost the gear with bolster... (Or did you think if you were wearing WH/EWH in a wz that you would have 0 expertise and be super squishy?) :p

All they've done is remove expertise on gear to then have bolster add it when you zone in. (Everybody SHOULD have the same or very similar expertise)

Is that really such a terrible thing?

Also, new xpac is new, why you so surprised...

Edited by Jeeses

You do realize that removing the expertise is what will actually allow you to use ur old WH gear again right? Currently bolster has no idea *** to do with WH, so it gives you subpar stats, which is why going naked was better. Removing the expertise means WH is now treated like PvE gear, which means it benefits properly from bolster. BW is doing you a favor, and if you would actually read the details they gave you before crying, you would understand that.

WOW - This is correct, right? I remember them saying that they were pushing a patch to fix bolster and make EWH viable again, but I didnt know this is how they were doing it ..

This works for me. Just as long as everyones hard work didnt go down the drain. People really spend time on their gear and tweak it just the way they like .. At least it will be viable for a longer period of time ..

there was a link in the patch notes that took you to a post that says just that.

Yes, and I'd read that post before the patch notes. I'm not the one confused here (though I am hoping the proposed changes work as intended). But the amount of confusion about this issue speaks for itself.

Expansions make gear obsolete. This is the way of things. The way of The Force.

It is not about the gear being obsolete or dated because of a new expansion and an insane FIVE LEVELS. It is the fact they are taking PvP armor and turning it into PvE armor because the current bolster system is BS and this is their only solution to fixing it. If I wanted PvE armor, I would have done PvE content...

At this point I don't care any more. I have my main 5 pieces of Partisan armor and I with almost capped ranked commendations, I will have the rest soon enough. It is just a lame move and it gives me real concern that BWs view of PvP content in SWToR.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.