Scheduled Maintnenance: Servers Available

AmberGreen

On April 16th, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Patch 2.0.0b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday April 16th, 2013

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 5AM PDT (12PM GMT) - 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

Patch Notes

Crew Skills

Artifice

• Reverse Engineering certain color crystals will no longer provide an error message.
  • Advanced Crew Skill training is no longer required to Reverse Engineer color crystals of any type.

PvP

Note: For more details about these changes, please visit this post.

• The effect of Bolster on empty item slots has been decreased.
  • Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

I asked this question in another thread but never got a reply that i saw....but here goes again: Explain to me why pve'rs should have an advantage over PvPers in open world PVP? -At least meanwhile you level your character and some time after as well.

Because this is what happens if you remove expertise or? Those who run flashpoints and stuff will get better gear then the regular pvper that only does Warzones?

If this is so, it's beyond terrible....but surely im incorrect, i must have missed something right?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Removing expertise from old war hero gear is going to enrage the PvP community... You might want to reconsider this before going live with this change.

Yeah, if this means that PvE'rs will get advantage over PvPers in PVP!?...i dont even...

This entire bolster update feels completly amateurish, unprofessional and now resorting to workarounds rather then developing a solid system.

Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.

If I understand this correctly you are increasing the value of PvE gear in PvP?

Every item has a "stat pool" and the PvP gear has decreased mainstat since it has the expertise stat that you are removing?

This means that all players that are wearing PvE gear in PvP actually has a advantage over those that has PvP gear since they have higher mainstat and higher stamina with equal level gear.

Removing the expertise hence nerfing the PvP gear in a huge way is not a smart move.

You leave the hard earned PvP gear with one stat removed without compensating the item for the statloss?

It does not sound right to me at all

Edited by Icestar

If I understand this correctly you are increasing the value of PvE gear in PvP?

Every item has a "stat pool" and the PvP gear has decreased mainstat since it has the expertise stat that you are removing?

This means that all players that are wearing PvE gear in PvP actually has a advantage over those that has PvP gear since they have higher mainstat and higher stamina with equal level gear.

Removing the expertise hence nerfing the PvP gear in a huge way is not a smart move.

You leave the hard earned PvP gear with one stat removed without compensating the item for the statloss?

It does not sound right to me at all

They ARE adjusting the other stats. You should read the post he linked before making statements.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6144955#post6144955

For those of you who don't click: WH and EWH gear now is BETTER than it was under this new Bolster system. Read the link if you are curious.

They ARE adjusting the other stats. You should read the post he linked before making statements.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6144955#post6144955

For those of you who don't click: WH and EWH gear now is BETTER than it was under this new Bolster system. Read the link if you are curious.

But Will it be as good as the current best pve gear? Otherwise pvers Will have advantage specially in open world....

I am sure you guys don't get it...

PvP

Note: For more details about these changes, please visit this post.

•The effect of Bolster on empty item slots has been decreased. •Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.

1.- a EMPTY slot should receive 0 stats. THAT WAY NO ONE WILL BE ENTERING naked.

also ANYTIME you are using gear UN PAR with your lvl or the WZ you get 0 stats.

2.- again this is a BS fix.. FIX the bolster/roll back to the previous one or remove it. as easy as that. this change is a BS fix.. Is good to say guys we screw up we are rolling back .. and definitely is bad keep something that is broken in place with small changes with HALF of your comunitiy yelling to you.

3.- I HOPE you guys realize that u are *********** up again PVP and that u are putting at ricks the subscriptions of the ppl WHO DO PVP... you are helping mostly the free to play players and screwing your biggest subscription base , if that sounds smart to you I dunno.

what about my level 13 operative with no relics, helm, earpiece or implants?

Is it so much to ask that you post these things in Dev Tracker where, you know, dev comments are compiled in one neat place.

Especially a time correction as people are at work and don't always have the time to search every section of the forum for dev updates.

Most people would logically think that important dev notices would, you know, be placed in the dev tracker.

Clearly someone doesn't know...

Can you people please learn to tell time? 3 AM PDT is NOT 12 PM GMT: It's 10 AM GMT.

The one time I take you on your word, and you still **** it up. Sigh.

The launcher was showing 5am PDT (12PM GMT) for me when I logged on about half an hour ago. They obviously changed the time (to Australian peak time might I add) at very short notice and didn't update the launcher.

Thank you idiots for, at 2:45am, changing the time from 5am to 3am. Seriously, I greatly appreciate you suddenly, without warning, taking away two of the only hours I was going to be playing today. Now I definitely understand why I pay a subscription, so that I can regularly have the time that I'm paying for taken away for random maintenance without letting me know in advance.

Why do you bother putting up times for your maintenance period when you're just going to change them immediately beforehand so often? Are you trying to anger your customers as much as possible?

It's funny to think I was considering buying the expansion yesterday, with the intention of starting to play it this morning. Apparently it's a good thing I didn't, because I wouldn't have been able to play it anyway.

Edited by partylikeaturtle

Really, they don't care how long you have grinded for or that you're subscribers. I paid real money for the legacy dummies because they leveled with character, now they are useless to me. They don't care if what they change ticks players off. There are so many new MMOs, buy to play or sub or even free to play, that the only reason this willl keep people if it does is because it is Star Wars. They need to start paying attention to their customer base which they are obviously not doing.

Simple as the sky is blue

If a person DOES NOT, want to take the TIME , to put a piece of gear into a slot on their character, they should NOT be given FREE stats in that slot,

certain aspects of this bolster system is absolutely absurd, I work hard for my gear, and my stats should reflect it over someone else who does not do the work

other slots, fine

everything else, fine

if they are a better player than me then they will win...

Bioware, you NEED to hire someone/ ANYONE, with pvp experience, onto your dev team

If a person DOES NOT, want to take the TIME , to put a piece of gear into a slot on their character, they should NOT be given FREE stats in that slot,

It's not an issue of not taking the time to put a piece of gear onto their character....there is no relic in the game that a level 13 character can wear. It's not their choice.

Simple as the sky is blue

certain aspects of this bolster system is absolutely absurd, I work hard for my gear, and my stats should reflect it over someone else who does not do the work

other slots, fine

everything else, fine

if they are a better player than me then they will win...

Bioware, you NEED to hire someone/ ANYONE, with pvp experience, onto your dev team

I think you posted on the wrong thread.