Hero of Tython opinion

Alorithan

I want to see if this stacks up with what the community believes. Having just finished the JK storyline (also have a 50 SW, Inq, and a 38 cons), it is my belief that the HoT IN HIS PRIME is the most dangerous (not most powerful) Jedi to ever live, save Luke himself. This is taking into account Anakin as well who never achieved his prime. It can be pretty much assumed that the HoT is the strongest duelist in the Jedi Order during this period of time, and if that's the case and we pit him against, say Windu, we have to take into account the kind of training and experience each had.

While the Hero grew up as a Jedi during the Cold War and ensuing inevitable war afterwards fighting Sith Lords and countless faceless troops, Windu (my poster boy here for other Jedi) never had to deal with the Sith. Having grown up in a time of peace, he may have been an extremely talented warrior but his talents were stunted until the Clone Wars. Even then, he didn't have to face off against Sith Lords like the Hero did.

If I have to I can take this apart piece by piece to explain exactly why I feel the Hero is so damn powerful in relation to every other Jedi, but I'm curious about opinions. Also, this is Jedi. Not taking Sith into account.

The Hero of Tython is still fully capable of getting his face smashed in even by non Force Users on a regular basis in PVP. :p

Though the story varies in how much glory they get, every class at the end of their story line is the absolute epitome of their profession. Trying to draw broader conclusions from it is a bit silly.

I want to see if this stacks up with what the community believes. Having just finished the JK storyline (also have a 50 SW, Inq, and a 38 cons), it is my belief that the HoT IN HIS PRIME is the most dangerous (not most powerful) Jedi to ever live, save Luke himself. This is taking into account Anakin as well who never achieved his prime.

He might be the best fighter in the Jedi Order but the strongest force user is either Grandmaster Satele Shan or the Barsen'thor (AKA Jedi Consular), the question is whether carving people up with lightsabers or hitting them from a distance with force powers is more deadly, it is an arguement that could go on for ages and still end up as a draw.

He might be the best fighter in the Jedi Order but the strongest force user is either Grandmaster Satele Shan or the Barsen'thor (AKA Jedi Consular), the question is whether carving people up with lightsabers or hitting them from a distance with force powers is more deadly, it is an arguement that could go on for ages and still end up as a draw.

Not really, since she's not the warrior she used to be. She says so during the briefing for Colicoid War Games if memory serves me right. People should probably take into account that her first chronological appearance was 28(!!!) years BTC.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Though the story varies in how much glory they get, every class at the end of their story line is the absolute epitome of their profession. Trying to draw broader conclusions from it is a bit silly.

But none of the others fight anyone who is considered to be THE most powerful being of that time.

But none of the others fight anyone who is considered to be THE most powerful being of that time.

Then can we conclude that the Imperial Agent is the second most powerful being in the galaxy?

After all, the Chapter 1 boss for the IA is

Darth Jadus

Who is said to be second in power only to the Emperor. Granted, he doesn't actually kill him, but he still subdues a being who by all rights should be able to reduce him to ash with the flick of a wrist.

Nothing is more powerful than Act of Plot. :p

Edited by jovianus

I think the Hero of Tython is certainly the best Jedi of his/her era. Shouldn't be compared to Mace Windu, though, since Windu invented the seventh form of lightsaber combat and would therefore have a better chance of beating the Hero in a fight.

Could beat just about anybody else, though: the Barsen'thor, the Bounty Hunter, the Inquisitor, definitely the Trooper. The Imperial Agent could win if he got the drop on the Hero, and as my smuggler likes to say, nobody's immune to a dirty kick and a headshot. And I won't be placing any bets on a fight with the Emperor's Wrath.

• Confused 1

Then can we conclude that the Imperial Agent is the second most powerful being in the galaxy?

The IA story is actually one of the two stories I have not yet completed, so I will concede the point, at least for now :p

I think the Hero of Tython is certainly the best Jedi of his/her era. Shouldn't be compared to Mace Windu, though, since Windu invented the seventh form of lightsaber combat and would therefore have a better chance of beating the Hero in a fight.

Could beat just about anybody else, though: the Barsen'thor, the Bounty Hunter, the Inquisitor, definitely the Trooper. The Imperial Agent could win if he got the drop on the Hero, and as my smuggler likes to say, nobody's immune to a dirty kick and a headshot. And I won't be placing any bets on a fight with the Emperor's Wrath.

You know, I do believe that when this game is come and gone and they decide to write the canon for it, the Wrath and HoT will end up in the battle of the millenia. Although with Windu I think he gets a little too much credit. He was the best fighter during a time where fighting other force users was nothing more than light practice for the most part. There was no trial by fire, no daily threats of fighting Sith Lords.

You know, I do believe that when this game is come and gone and they decide to write the canon for it, the Wrath and HoT will end up in the battle of the millenia. Although with Windu I think he gets a little too much credit. He was the best fighter during a time where fighting other force users was nothing more than light practice for the most part. There was no trial by fire, no daily threats of fighting Sith Lords.

Yes, and while they're comparing lightsabers sizes the Barsen'thor and Darth Nox will be deciding the true fate of the Galaxy. :p

HoT the most dangerous Jedi ever?....No, and concerning Windu, while yes he made his own combat style. Its only really effective against other Darkside users against a Jedi its pretty much useless. Also Windu the best fighter of that period? No...that is Yoda.

5:34- Nick states Mace is 2nd to Yoda.

Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council.

--Taken from Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

But yes, Mace would wipe the floor with HoT.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

HoT the most dangerous Jedi ever?....No, and concerning Windu, while yes he made his own combat style. Its only really effective against other Darkside users against a Jedi its pretty much useless. Also Windu the best fighter of that period? No...that is Yoda.

5:34- Nick states Mace is 2nd to Yoda.

But yes, Mace would wipe the floor with HoT.

Why do you think that? Mace proves himself by "beating" sidious, a task that is still hotly debated as he was at best Sidious' equal. The HoT proves himself by beating....well....everyone.

Especially the Emperor who was considered the most powerful being in the galaxy. Whether true body or voice, it's still the power of said Emperor.

I want to see if this stacks up with what the community believes. Having just finished the JK storyline (also have a 50 SW, Inq, and a 38 cons), it is my belief that the HoT IN HIS PRIME is the most dangerous (not most powerful) Jedi to ever live, save Luke himself. This is taking into account Anakin as well who never achieved his prime. It can be pretty much assumed that the HoT is the strongest duelist in the Jedi Order during this period of time, and if that's the case and we pit him against, say Windu, we have to take into account the kind of training and experience each had.

While the Hero grew up as a Jedi during the Cold War and ensuing inevitable war afterwards fighting Sith Lords and countless faceless troops, Windu (my poster boy here for other Jedi) never had to deal with the Sith. Having grown up in a time of peace, he may have been an extremely talented warrior but his talents were stunted until the Clone Wars. Even then, he didn't have to face off against Sith Lords like the Hero did.

If I have to I can take this apart piece by piece to explain exactly why I feel the Hero is so damn powerful in relation to every other Jedi, but I'm curious about opinions. Also, this is Jedi. Not taking Sith into account.

In most long running works of fiction characters tend to become more powerful (or dangerous) the further the time line goes in, and Star Wars seems to be no exception to this.

I mean aside from SW just look at any anime or video game series. They all tend to follow the same pattern, ie the newest/next generation tends to surpass the previous.

In terms of SW specifically though you always have people trying to outdo what's come before, especially in the video games. I mean just look at how characters like Revan (KOTOR) and Starkiller (Force Unleashed) are portrayed. Every time there's a new game with a new force user lead it's always along the lines of "forget all those other guys from before and now look at how bad *** this new character is!" and TOR is no exception to this, across all 8 classes. It's not really surprising though, the goal in alot of SW games is to deliver a power fantasy. You want to feel/be amazing.

Umm he invented Vapaad, not the 7th form of lightsaber combat. The 7th form originally was Juyo which was created LONG before Mace Windu even lived.

Why do you think that? Mace proves himself by "beating" sidious, a task that is still hotly debated as he was at best Sidious' equal. The HoT proves himself by beating....well....everyone.

Especially the Emperor who was considered the most powerful being in the galaxy. Whether true body or voice, it's still the power of said Emperor.

Mace and Sidious were dueling at an impass, and the only reason that Mace even lasted as long as he did because he was amped by the use of Vapaad. So him being equal to Sidious, is only due to Vapaad which drew on the energy from Sidious and even then Mace and him were stalemating.

Whereas for Yoda, he didn't have Vapaad and yet was able to fight saber to saber with Sidious without the need for an amp.

something i like a lot about SW characters is that they get old, they get traumatized by their experiences, war, force fights..look at Revan, Satele, Vindican,Mace, The Exiled ,they get betrayed in crucial fights, they fall they redeem...so maybe the HoT can be the best in that period we see/play, but he could fall, grow old and die against a cocky sith apprentice..who knows! and they always fight their enemies through the force, which flows..so it's not sure they have always the same power or the same control, even if they have the same perception of themself...

Apparent ranking of force-related galactic threats:

Abeloth, formerly the mother, aka eldritch abomination representing imbalance in the force. Powerful dark side abilities with no apparent limitation on distance, held in check by advanced Celestial technology and black holes. Originally human, represents the last living force power of the Celestials, who themselves may potentially have created the force and the difference between the light side and the dark side.

Defeated by: Luke and Ben Skywalker

Exar Kun: guy that the long dead lords of the Sith chose over our Sith Emperor guy.

Defeated by: Nomi Da Boda

Sith Emperor: tries to eat whole planets and star systems, succeeded once, end goal is to consume galaxy and become a primordial god of creation through stolen power.

Palpatine/Vader (and Grand Moff Tarkin): created superweapons and can be credited for destroying at least one planet. Made other superweapons that destroyed other planets, but didn't pull the trigger. None of them ate the delicious juicy strawberry flavoured force residue. Comparison to Sith Emperor by number of planets destroyed estimated equal. Comparison to overall force power possibly not as strong, difference made up through technology.

Haven't factored in whether force prophecies play a role -characters might not be all that strong but circumstances perhaps allow them to accomplish what no one else could. But my inital guess is that major characters in the jedi order including Yoda and Mace Windu, as well as Satele, the counselor, and the knight, may be about equal in terms of power but with different skillsets, strengths, and weaknesses. In addition, all of the player classes can potentially beat the jedi knight and vice versa. Lastly, game mechanics may not be an accurate depiction of fighting style or prowess, see also cutscenes.

Sith Emperor: tries to eat whole planets and star systems, succeeded once, end goal is to consume galaxy and become a primordial god of creation through stolen power.

Palpatine/Vader (and Grand Moff Tarkin): created superweapons and can be credited for destroying at least one planet. Made other superweapons that destroyed other planets, but didn't pull the trigger. None of them ate the delicious juicy strawberry flavoured force residue. Comparison to Sith Emperor by number of planets destroyed estimated equal. Comparison to overall force power possibly not as strong,

No Palpatine's force power is far stronger then Vitiate's. To which the latter, had to rely on the power of other Sith Lords and rituals to do what he did, Palpatine didn't need to do this. Vitiate's strength comes from rituals, that isn't to say alone he isn't powerful however just not as powerful as Palpatine or actually a few Sith Lords when you take him as is.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No Palpatine's force power is far stronger then Vitiate's. To which the latter, had to rely on the power of other Sith Lords and rituals to do what he did, Palpatine didn't need to do this. Vitiate's strength comes from rituals, that isn't to say alone he isn't powerful however just not as powerful as Palpatine.

And yet Plagueis, Palpatine's master, deeply admired Vitiate, having in mind that in his own opinion, he was the only Sith who came close to achieve true immortality.

Either way, from what we've seen, Palpatine's hold over the force is not in any way superior to the one the Emperor demonstrated... Palpatine was a cunning and persuasive politician, who got to where he got thanks to subtle tactics, not the force really. Vitiate, on the other hand, relied heavily in the force and not so much in politics.

And yet Plagueis, Palpatine's master, deeply admired Vitiate, having in mind that in his own opinion, he was the only Sith who came close to achieve true immortality.

Either way, from what we've seen, Palpatine's hold over the force is not in any way superior to the one the Emperor demonstrated... Palpatine was a cunning and persuasive politician, who got to where he got thanks to subtle tactics, not the force really. Vitiate, on the other hand, relied heavily in the force and not so much in politics.

Yet Palpatine achieved immortality via Essence transfer immortality no matter what way you slice it, is immortality weither its in your own body or whatever else, also yes Palpatine is superior in The Force the whole politics thing is just apart of his character.

You know what, this isn't the thread for this though so i'll go make one. At this point, I am getting sick and tired of all this.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yet Palpatine achieved immortality via Essence transfer immortality no matter what way you slice it, is immortality weither its in your own body or whatever else, also yes Palpatine is superior in The Force the whole politics thing is just apart of his character.

Last time I checked, the Emperor has been doing that for at least 3000(!!!) years prior to Palpatine. He has been at least a pure blooded Sith at the time Scourge became a Wrath and he's seen using a Voss and a human body in TOR.

You know what, this isn't the thread for this though so i'll go make one. At this point, I am getting sick and tired of all this.

I find it far more bothersome that people try to make Palpatine seem far more than he ever was to be honest.

Based on this, Palpatine is as strong in the force as Lord Zash, who also uses essence transfers to remain effectively immortal, but doesn't eat planets to boost force power.

Still not seeing an argument for Palpatine being as strong in the force as the Sith Emperor. Just as DANGEROUS, however, is a reasonable conclusion.

Haven't factored in whether force prophecies play a role -characters might not be all that strong but circumstances perhaps allow them to accomplish what no one else could. But my inital guess is that major characters in the jedi order including Yoda and Mace Windu, as well as Satele, the counselor, and the knight, may be about equal in terms of power but with different skillsets, strengths, and weaknesses. In addition, all of the player classes can potentially beat the jedi knight and vice versa. Lastly, game mechanics may not be an accurate depiction of fighting style or prowess, see also cutscenes.

^That bolded part. If this was a SW movie, comic, show, book, the Jedi would be ALL THAT! Infact, the JC, JK, SI and SW would all likely be fighting for the #1 all powerful spot. But in the game mechanics won't allow for that senerio, as everyone would complain. As it is now, Jedi and Sith really aren't all that outside of some dialogue, cut scenes, forced scenes.