2.0 is here. Force Shroud STILL bugged.

Aerilas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lol at FS being OP. B4 2.0 I'd have said insta-ww was a bit OP. Now nothing in the sin class gets that distinction. BW basically gutted the class and is forcing every serious rwz sin to go tank node guard.

Meh I do it in deception, you still have more than enough tools to stall them long enough until help comes. Or you still have the tools to duel.

But back on topic.

Yesterday in rated I got STUNNED BY A SAGE'S normal stun through my force shroud trying to pick up the ball. Also was I overloaded twice, grenaded once.

sigh

The problems people are experiencing with shroud/resilience is less of the ability being bugged, rather the laggy client to serverside communication.

For example:

Player A uses flash bang. Player B uses resilience while the flash bang is firing(with a small delay). Player B is stunned.

Needless to say, it's frustrating when situations like that happen at a gamechanging moment.

Edited by Andar

We have

Attack types: melee, ranged, force and tech.

Damage types: Kinetic, energy, internal and elemental.

Any combination of attack type can exist against any damage type (technically at least, though SWTOR may not have all combinations).

Force shroud: Removes all hostile removable effects and increases your chance to resist Force and tech attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

Therefore, 2 possibilities exist:

1. The grenade is a tech/force, and as such should be resisted by shroud. (I don't know if it goes through a *tech* accuracy check as posted above though... that may explain it).

2. The grenade is a ranged (or even melee attack type). In this case, shroud won't resist it... however surprisingly, deflection (+50% defense) should work and we should be able to resist the grenade w/ deflection up (at least a few times)... which has never happened.

Therefore the grenade must be tech, and #1 is the correct scenario.

Actually I believe defense is not applicable to an AOE attack, therefore it would still hit you with +50% Defense.

Also isn't it possible that ALL AOE Force and Tech would be immune to Force Shroud?

And the amount of stuns an op gets isn't OP? The amount of roots a sniper gets isn't OP? C'mon, honestly.

Snipers only have 2 roots if speced into one of those 2. Which is similar to Sorcs who can also root you with a skill in the Lightning tree. Also Juggs and Maras can root you with Force Charge, which is BS, because if you have a decent speeder, they root you, stun you and then you and your companion can do nothing to defend yourself. But seriously do we want to have a so and so class is OP flame war or try to get BioWare to fix something or at least explain why it seems to be bugged.

Anyone else notice that Shroud is only bugged in Huttball? I realize I've actually never had an issue with it on a different map.

Yeah, myself and another assassin from our guild were just talking about this now. It seems to happen only near the spawn when trying to get the ball, mainly in rateds. Of course, it may be that its only in rateds you really have a big fight for the ball and a lot of stuns going on in mid at that time so it is only really most noticeable there, but nevertheless I have never really had an issue outside of Huttbal and, in particular, getting the ball.

Yeah, myself and another assassin from our guild were just talking about this now. It seems to happen only near the spawn when trying to get the ball, mainly in rateds. Of course, it may be that its only in rateds you really have a big fight for the ball and a lot of stuns going on in mid at that time so it is only really most noticeable there, but nevertheless I have never really had an issue outside of Huttbal and, in particular, getting the ball.

Same here, yet in the same circumstances. In rateds the stunfest around the ball is immense, and that's where the bug shows itself most often

Same here, yet in the same circumstances. In rateds the stunfest around the ball is immense, and that's where the bug shows itself most often

Ive been on about this for months and months and the fact that Bioware fixed Scamper so quickly just shows how much they love the Agent/Smuggler class more than any other.

Its been SEVEN months now and Bioware wont even give us a response on why its broken and what they will do about it.

I raged for a good 10 minutes after a huttball where I had shroud up for a full 2 seconds before I got overloaded when the ball spawned. Everybody on both teams could see me glowing when I got pushed back. It is indeed very annoying. Edited by JP_Legatus

It's sad, but yeah. I've even seen it happen not only in huttball.

I spiked someone with shroud. I got stunned in shroud. I got knockbacked with shroud.

Given, the above doesn't nearly happen as often as it does with ball grabbing in huttball.. but it's just unreal this thing is still bugged.

Oh and on the topic of grenades.. force shroud should, and most of the time does negate the knockback on it. When it doesn't it's bugged.

Edited by Evolixe

TBH it's probably not a bug, but more of an issue with how the things are calculated... when you activate shroud it makes your resistance to tech/force damage 255%... while on the other hand, some people may have upwards of 115% chance to hit on their force attacks, so (I have no idea how to calculate 115% against 255% but...) theoretically it may be possible for the odd force attack to connect I guess depending on the formula used, and that's probably why it happens.

Pretty sure its not a bug. Shroud/Resilience gives 100% resistance to Force/Tech attacks. However classes that stack accuracy get over 100% accuracy with these abilities which negates the chance to resist/defend against these types of attacks. Ergo having 100% resist chance vs 110% accuracy still gives it a 10% chance to hit.

Pretty sure its not a bug. Shroud/Resilience gives 100% resistance to Force/Tech attacks. However classes that stack accuracy get over 100% accuracy with these abilities which negates the chance to resist/defend against these types of attacks. Ergo having 100% resist chance vs 110% accuracy still gives it a 10% chance to hit.

It gives 255% as I have said but yes I think that's what's happening (look at your char sheet when you pop it)

I play Sin and Sniper when I see someone pop Force Shroud the next thing I do is pop

Laze Target

Instant

Cooldown: 60s

Increases the critical hit chance of your next Snipe by 100%.

and

Target Acquired

Instant

Cooldown: 120s

Increases ranged and tech accuracy by 30% and armor penetration by 15% for 10 seconds.

So that brings me up to about 137% Accuracy and allows me to hit you thru Force Shroud.

Then I do Shatter Shot , Snipe, Follow Thru, Snipe, Ambush, Followthru, Series Of Shots and another Follow Thru.

Ambush and Series of Shots reset the cool-down on follow Thru so its a nice 1 2 punch.

I hope to god your below 30% then and drop take-down on you.

Edited by bryanchris

The funny thing about force shroud though is that, as deception it's on a 1 minute CD, and suffers an accuracy check.

Whereas a concealment op has evasion on a 45 second CD and doesn't suffer an accuracy check (so far as I know), oh, and it has a chance to be used while rolling... And they have medium armour.

Both classes get a reduced CD to stealth, so why the discrepancy?

EDIT: Okay I'm probably getting 2 trees mixed up, but it appears that evasion in the concealment spec is also 60 seconds.

Edited by MasterFeign

I play Sin and Sniper when I see someone pop Force Shroud the next thing I do is pop

Laze Target

Instant

and

Target Acquired

Instant

Increases ranged and tech accuracy by 30% and armor penetration by 15% for 10 seconds.

So that brings me up to about 137% Accuracy and allows me to hit you thru Force Shroud.

Then I do Shatter Shot , Snipe, Follow Thru, Snipe, Ambush, Followthru, Series Of Shots and another Follow Thru.

Ambush and Series of Shots reset the cool-down on follow Thru so its a nice 1 2 punch.

You're not understanding... It is unintentional for any force / tech attack to go through Shroud. Regardless of if your accuracy was 10000%.

The problem is the coding. They're just lazy with it.

It needs to be fixed.

Edited by Xinika

Laze Target

Instant

and

Target Acquired

Instant

People like you are the reason the average SWTOR PvP skill level is so low. Every single attack you listed is white damage, which Shroud does absolutely nothing against in the first place. So please, pop all those cooldowns, and then I'll vanish, wait them out, probably sap you, and then reopen with Deflection up, and destroy your Marksman butt. Doesn't change the fact that the skill is broken.

You're not understanding... It is unintentional for any force / tech attack to go through Shroud. Regardless of if your accuracy was 10000%.

The problem is the coding. They're just lazy with it.

It needs to be fixed.

This.

When you resist the attack and still get knocked back or stunned it has nothing to do with accuracy.

Laze Target

Instant

and

Target Acquired

Instant

I lol'd when he listed off all that white damage after target acquired as his reason for beating shroud

I'll give you a hint: You don't need to hit target acquired to beat shroud with all that white damage, but it might come in handy later when I pop deflection.

Edited by JP_Legatus

I lol'd when he listed off all that white damage after target acquired as his reason for beating shroud

I'll give you a hint: You don't need to hit target acquired to beat shroud with all that white damage, but it might come in handy later when I pop deflection.

Shhhhh.

don't be giving information on how to deal weapon damage when we pop shroud.