Mercenary Arsenal/Pyro DPS Guide 2.x (PVE) by ODawgg

odawgg

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2956, odawgg.......slowly creeping up on you :p

let's see the link! Cuz that's the closest I've seen, need to get that up on the dps leaderboards (unless you already did and i didn't see it)! But I knew if someone was gonna eventually match or beat me it would be you judging from 1.7 parses ;)

Edit: I looked you up, saw a 2948 one, close enough, very impressive man nice job!

If not for constant lag issues i think i would already do 3k. But i'm always missing some gdcs, sometimes even interrupting FA because of lags. Starhip dummy is actually worse than Fleet. This really sucks

Yeah total drag, I run into that here and there as well...not really much you can do about it except curse and cry lol....and hope you get lucky once

Edited by odawgg

By the way, has anyone else noticed that when starting a fight with Power Surge, the global cooldown overlay doesn't activate?

AND it seems on every boss fight my very first UNLOAD always fails and I get false animation with no damage or lasers.

ANyone else have this problem? ALWAYS the first unload misfires.

Yeah got that one too.

On a different topic, is there a ingame workaround for the Commando energy bar not displaying energy levels as percentage points?

In the past i relied only on my feeling whether or not an attack would still leave me in the optimun energy regen range, but with the Nightmare DG DPS requirement there is no room for error. I have some ideas about it, but wasn’t that to get fixed with 2.0?

Yeah got that one too.

On a different topic, is there a ingame workaround for the Commando energy bar not displaying energy levels as percentage points?

In the past i relied only on my feeling whether or not an attack would still leave me in the optimun energy regen range, but with the Nightmare DG DPS requirement there is no room for error. I have some ideas about it, but wasn’t that to get fixed with 2.0?

Wish I could help you on that, I definitely feel fortunate being on the imp side and having 100 heat as my pool, much easier to view resource management i would think.

Do you still look at your heat percentage display to find out if a attack will screw up your heat regen?

It would be so much easier with my Commando if i could see if i'm above or below 76 energy when i'm about to cast Demo Round or Full Auto. I just cant tell well by looking at the regen graphics, so many times i just have not enough energy by one tiny bit and it all falls apart.

I'm currently thinking about using the torparse ingame overlays in a creative way to get a tiny line on my energy bar at exactly 76 energy. Looks promising but it would be so much simpler if they would just fix it.

oh btw, whats the Mercs Cooldown on Reserve Powercell (the get one free ability)? There was a discrepancy on the PTS, did they ever fix that?

Yeah they fixed it during PTS it's 2 minutes again. And if I'm dummy parsing yes I'm scanning cds and my current heat to decide what to use next. In a boss fight it depends on the fight and how many other things their are to keep track of, if I know nothing is coming up I will be able to look at my heat more, but when I'm busy paying attention to mechanics I have to go more on feel.

Thanks for the great post!

I had just decided to dust off my merc, which I had leveled as pyro, and was having trouble getting the hang of arsenal. This helped immensely!

You're very welcome! Thx for stoppin' in

hey i wonder, are you using nostromo or keyboard? do you use tab or mouse for target changing? :)

I use the razer nage epic mouse and razer anansi keyboard...i like the keyboard a lot, but the mouse is a bit small for my hands....i might try out a bigger one when i get a job and have money to do so :)

I tab target with few exceptions

We are working on DreadGuards NM atm. I'm doing at least 2.9k+ dps in the first phase (with two Mortar Volleys / Plasma Grenades, sometimes much more) and after the second boss i'm usually down to 2.5kish

Hows that looking for a Commando?

Should be good there, I was generally floating around 2500-2600 by 3rd phase. sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. And I was about the same in 1st phast, 2900 give or take. Definitely a group effort, I was our lowest deeps.

Unfortunately i was not, often quite the opposite. But our main problem was people dieing in the third phase, so dunno how it will look in the end.

Yeah I would say wait for a clean run and assess.

Edit: easier said than done haha

Edited by odawgg

We were discussing the use of macros for relic/adrenals and stuff some time ago.

Someone from BW posted about the issue, looks like binding instant buffs to one key is a nogo unfortunately.

-> http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6459160&postcount=181

What i do with relic and adrenal is bind them to my keyboard as something close together, in my case it's Shift+A (relic) Shift+s(adrenal), and then I bind my abilities to my mouse, so I can immediately start casting as soon as that adrenal+relic come up for me, I usually wait for bloodthirst to do this.

Maybe this'll help, idk.

We were discussing the use of macros for relic/adrenals and stuff some time ago.

Someone from BW posted about the issue, looks like binding instant buffs to one key is a nogo unfortunately.

-> http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6459160&postcount=181

Thx for the update, and yeah now knowing the rules I will un-macro my relic/adrenal. I mean, this will have almost zero bearing on anything performance-wise...it was simply a QoL buff I found useful....I used to do what Knopik stated and I'll just go back to that...easy peasy.

At the same time, c'mon...endorsing and profiting off of products that have these capabilities just to punish players for using them :rolleyes: anti-automation is understandable...field respecing, automating rotations with GCD timers etc.

Edit: I will say thought that I think they are more-so looking for pvp players giving them an edge over other players...i doubt they care much about whether we can use a relic/adrenal every 2-3 minutes simultaneously to kill an NPC hahahaha. In fact they only line up together at the beginning of a fight and every 6 minutes!

Edited by odawgg

Should be good there, I was generally floating around 2500-2600 by 3rd phase. sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. And I was about the same in 1st phast, 2900 give or take. Definitely a group effort, I was our lowest deeps.

I wish that were the case for us :/ I'm 2900ish during the first and partly through the 2nd phase as highest DPS...

Looks like we wont need the Boundless Age relic any longer with the next big update:

•Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon Proc Relics will no longer prevent other Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon Procs of a different type from activating. For example, characters can now have both a Power proc relic and a damage proc relic equipped and expect them both to activate correctly.[/Quote]

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6485178#edit6485178

yay

No i just need to get a second 72 relic :rolleyes:

Edited by AMightyKnight