Why are repair costs so high ?

Jedibediah

The Level 50 daily quests are the same yet... If you happen to wipe in a raid and such.. It can cost you upwards around 25k to around 80K if you happen to wipe multiple times.. Are credits easier to make with the expansion ? I won't get it til Sunday.. Just to clarify I'm not complaining.. Im asking. Not all of us have millions and millions of creds..

I know the goal is not to wipe or die so please save the negativity..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Level 50 daily quests are the same yet... If you happen to wipe in a raid and such.. It can cost you upwards around 25k to around 80K if you happen to wipe multiple times.. Are credits easier to make with the expansion ? I won't get it til Sunday.. Just to clarify I'm not complaining.. Im asking. Not all of us have millions and millions of creds..

My guild leader said he made about 2 million credits on makeb after repairs. I don't know if he was exaggerating or telling the truth. He's a willy one that one. I really hope they didn't reset the repair costs to 1.0 costs. Saving up 140k just to run 1 ops is not fun :(.

My guild leader said he made about 2 million credits on makeb after repairs. I don't know if he was exaggerating or telling the truth. He's a willy one that one. I really hope they didn't reset the repair costs to 1.0 costs. Saving up 140k just to run 1 ops is not fun :(.

There are a LOT of credits to be made at the moment through crew skills but from just general questing and leveling on Makeb I ended up making about 30k profit after I purchased all my skill upgrades.

There are a LOT of credits to be made at the moment through crew skills but from just general questing and leveling on Makeb I ended up making about 30k profit after I purchased all my skill upgrades.

Im sure there are for all the new mats but the old materials are so diluted that even molecular stabs are 60k and going down now... I'll see what tomorrow brings

Credits are slightly easier to earn, but not to the degree the repair cost have increased, especially in area's with level 54 champions wandering around (various names all killing me after I start a fight with others and suddenly appearing from nowhere), seriously it's supposed to be level 50+ not level 55 the whole way.

Back to the point, money is marginally easier to earn, but repairs are way too expensive, unjustifiably so.

Repair costs? Pfffffffff

wait until you start transferring bound Armorings, Mods, Enhancements through Bound to Legacy gear.

I'm up to 9,800 credits to remove ONE grade 26 modification item from a shell.

Edited by Falensawino

Repair costs? Pfffffffff

wait until you start transferring bound Armorings, Mods, Enhancements through Bound to Legacy gear.

That's down (quite a lot actually) from what it used to cost. And that's a choice.

Gear repair is incurred by playing content. Too expensive currently imo as well.

That's about right. Remember they put a 50% reduction after they fixed their calculations when they messed up the repair cost in 1.7 and it stated the 50% reduction will be there till 2.0.

Repair costs? Pfffffffff

That's down (quite a lot actually) from what it used to cost. And that's a choice.

Gear repair is incurred by playing content. Too expensive currently imo as well.

I accumulated many, many level 26 mods in my time playing the game. Just recently since Bound to Legacy tron suits were introduced have I finally started transferring stuff to my Cybertech crafter.

It's cheaper to buy new tron gear, than removing 2 modifications from one shell.

Edited by Falensawino

That's about right. Remember they put a 50% reduction after they fixed their calculations when they messed up the repair cost in 1.7 and it stated the 50% reduction will be there till 2.0.

Which I still don't understand why it was removed.

Now we're back to annoying credit gouging prices.

Which I still don't understand why it was removed.

Now we're back to annoying credit gouging prices.

Bad choice on their end, but they are hardly bad. It doesn't seem like there's 100 threads about it like last time so it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

Bad choice on their end, but they are hardly bad. It doesn't seem like there's 100 threads about it like last time so it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal.

Well repair costs are not as bad as it was back during the bug. Also it was clearly announced that the reduced repair costs would only be up to 2.0 so I guess people got used to the idea.

That's the boiling frog idea.

Edited by demotivator

<<<<< full 61/63 gear Level 50, in this example I will use my Sentinal Ifossa on Shadowlands

AVERAGE REPAIR COST = 2500 credits per death

Gear worn = orange cartel gear, rakata helm, tionese gloves cause i like the way they look.

Content ran in which death takes place = Pugging operations via GF and Running HM/NiM opswith weekly raid group.

My repair costs are so inconsequential to me i'm confused how/why some are reporting bankruptcy from repairs, honestly. I'm wondering if repair cost algorithms are still skewed. My raid group, ( who most of which DO NOT wear custom outfits ie oranges) have higher repair bills than i do which raises the previous question.

To re-iterate, Are oranges cheaper to repair still as opposed to purples even though BW has said it doesn't matter what color your shells are? Isn't it supposed to be based off of what level and color the arm/mod/enh are?

I noticed this last night, and it is a HUGE negative!

Multiple wipes on an OP last night, and I was bout 60,000 credits. That's a ton of money for me since I don't do much crafting, and warzone credit generation was nerfed so I don't make money in warzones any longer. What do we get now, 5000c a warzone? It used to be 10,000-18,000 on average.

Repairs at the rate they are going, will wipe out my limited amount of credits in 3 days.

This is not called for at all.

did we forget the discount ended with 2.0, we were getting a discount for repairs because of the last mistake they made, they said it would end with 2.0, it was a while back I am not going to dig through months of posts for a link, but it is there.

in addition i would like to add it's a smart practice to /stuck in an operation or FP if you know it's gonna be a wipe, this is probably what's saving my skin on my repair bills after i have had my coffee this morning and put some more thought into why my repairs aren't breaking the bank.

Because credits are ridiculously easy to come by? I make 500k just doing Ilum. Little bitty Ilum. No gathering, either, just doing quests and vendoring everything.

Daily quests can net you millions if you're semi-regular about doing them. And I've noticed that in my BH gear, dying once will cost me about 5k. That seems a fair trade off.

Yep, they corrected what wasn't working right but in the process over corrected. Then after about a week or two they readjusted it again, and then said as a "we apologize" gesture they would reduce the new fixed price by 50% until 2.0 was released. Now that 2.0 is out you are seeing the new normal price.

It would seem though that they are managing to still get the same if not more out of us with the new fuel costs though.

lvl 50 (well, 51 now) healing operative.

purple and one or 2 orange shells - some old tionese, one random drop for looks.

died 3 times in directive 7 hardmode (one of those times - we all had to die because a boss glitched and became unkillable - literally)

repair cost?

approximately 21000k. if not for the weekly I have completed on top of the daily? I would have been in a red, credit wise. I do more than one flashpoint and die in a second/third/whatever of the day? I don't even have the buffer of credits from the daily

don't tell me not to die, I know that I should try not to die, but sometimes its impossible to avoid, be it glitch or the rest of the group channel visioning and me not being able to spam heals fast enough to outheal 3-4 mobs pounding on me simultaneously.

now. I've been dealing. been going back to Illum to do dailies (they are the fastest for me to complete and award the most credits per quest)

doesn't make it a good, or fun thing.

edited to add - noticed a claim of making 500k just doing Illum.

huh?

on a single character while doing all the quests including poison strategy (I hate pup illum, it takes longer for me, but rewards are about same), picking up and vendoring every gray - I make a little over 100k. granted, I make it in under an hour, but its still an hour spent doing old filler content, just to afford to do content I actually WANT to be doing.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.