Mobile Security Key Question

WillemRaymond

Is this still bugged like before? i had to remove it a couple of months ago because it didnt recognize my code,

The main thing is i dont wanna call to the expensive CS again..

Since i live in holland it will cost me to much to call each time it messes up

Be sure to try re-synchronizing the time or rebooting your mobile device (if you have that). Occasionally that's fixed it, and sometimes it just didn't work a couple of times for no apparent reason.

Also, you can now remove the security key yourself http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4533 Forgot that went live already. Not sure if you need to have something set up before hand though, check out the details.

Edited by chuixupu

Be sure to try re-synchronizing the time or rebooting your mobile device (if you have that). Occasionally that's fixed it, and sometimes it just didn't work a couple of times for no apparent reason.

Also, you can now remove the security key yourself http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/4533 Forgot that went live already. Not sure if you need to have something set up before hand though, check out the details.

This made my day i never knew they implented that i just didnt wanna call to CS again to get it removed if it would screw up like before, i will be putting it back on my account since i can remove it on my own =)

However does this still work if you can't access your account if you don't have the Security Key to get into your account?

it's no longer bugged.

I have had to remove and re-apply it several times now (7-10) and never got the same type of problem as when it first came out. I even asked the CS if there's a limit to how often it can be removed and re-applied or if it gets suspicious after a certain number of times, but they said I can do this procedure as often as I'd like. There's no limit and no sanctions if you do it too often.

HOWEVER, I have not tried it now with the new authentication procedure. I used to have to have the answers to my security questions ready when making the call. Not sure how that works now.

(I had to remove it because I left my device at work and could no longer access my account with the security key still active.)

Edited by KyaniteD

However does this still work if you can't access your account if you don't have the Security Key to get into your account?

When it asks for your security key; click on the link below it that says "I lost my security key" and you'll get a one time code to access your account to remove the key.

What concerns me is if you were a subscriber (like me) but drop to preferred status later, and you need to remove the mobile key, I wonder if the option will exist to re-add the mobile key, or just physical keys (like for non-subs).