Achievement system is a mess

Elear

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also feel as if the Legacy system is just seriously messy right now, like the slide down bar has to slide all the way down, they could quite easily put tabs at the top of where it says legacy for certain categorys and make one like "Achievements" and then when you click on it have it list the different categorys in seperate columns. make it happen Bioware. ;)

Completed 8-man HM Jarg & Sorno 2 nights ago, got achievement. :rak_02:

It's the Codex -> Achievement entry that's bugged. I've got the SM and HM J+S entries on 2 toons and the NiM J+S entries on 1. Therefore I should have them in my Achievements... but I don't. Neither do a TON of other people. I know doing them again isn't that time consuming (heck I don't even have to wait for the HM/NiM lockout to expire since I have a bunch of 50s) but it's when there are LOT of little things (like having to repeat my Inquisitor class mission on Korriban to get an achievement) that it starts getting tiresome.

Here is an other one:

Exploring Ord Matell: You can only reach 70/80 and there is no other achievement to do.

Got the same problem.

Did wonder if it was because of the 2 species I can't do in the Codex, (Would love to see them fixed as well) but I doubt it.

I did Xenoanalyst II with the guild, in 16man story and hardmode. Only.

I don't have any achievement at all.

I also did not receive achievement for full imperial containment officer and voss mystic because heads are not marked. While I can just buy second head for voss mystic, I cannot for containment officer.

CO headpiece is on my rep toon, can this be a problem?

Also.

WHERE.

IS.

ACIDSTALKER.

Edited by LVee

Balmorra Achievement Bugs....

Balmorra -- Imperial Exploration

Imperial Explorer of Balmorra

The Corrupted Fields Bridge and Fields itself....You get credit for both areas, but the update in the achievement window stays blank and you are unable to complete the achievement.

Balmorra -- General

Tyrant of Balmorra

"0/1 Swoopstriker"

There is no mob just titled Swoopstiker. I assume this achiecement is referencing the Ferocious Swoopstriker however killing it does not grant the update.

Balmorra -- Republic Exploration

Republic Loremaster of Balmorra

0/1 The Invasion of Balmorra

The lore object "The Invasion of Balmorra" at the entrance of the Balmorran Arms Factory is unclickable for all three of my republic characters. You can hover over the object which lists the name, but you cannot interract with it. Checked all three characters codex entries as well, and it is not present on either of them.

No, these are not hidden locations... they are more... things....

You need to find little droids with the macrobinoculars, the first you discover on the planet will give you the entry in the achievement system and show you how many more there are.

The Wingmaw achievement is working on Tython (got it yesterday - it is a specific elite wingmaw) but the 3 Ilum bestiary achievements are not.

Where would that be at? Been through Tython with several toons and haven't found it.

I really hope that fixing achievements will take less time than fixing codex (probably still not fixed - after more than a year and multiple threads like this).

dont know about old fixing but with my trooper i still cant get the achievement with the use of mod station

Finally found the Elite Wingmaw Flayer in Fleshraider territory (thanks to SWTOR-Spy), but it did not unlock the codex (and thusly the Achievement for me), so I think it might be bugged unless there is another Elite somewhere.

Achievements that don't work (some have been mentioned before - in this case this post serves as confirmation):

- "False Emperor" flashpoint: Killing Darth Malgus in Hard Mode doesn't increase the regarding achievement counters.

- "Kaon under Siege" flashpoint: Killing the Rakghoul Behemoth in Hard Mode doesn't count.

- "Karagga's Palace": Killing Jarg & Sorno in 8 person Story mode doesn't count.

- "Explosive Confilcts": Killing Colonel Vorgath in 8 person Story mode doesn't count.

- "Explosive Confilcts": Killing Firebrand & Stormcaller in 16 person Story mode doesn't count.

- Taris Exploration achievements: The lore object for "Rakghoul Disease" is not existant on the Empire instance of Taris, although it's explicitly wanted needed for the Empire achievement

- Taris Beast achievement "Taris Lizard Hunter (Imperial)" doesn't work: kills are not counted. The other two "Taris Lizard" achievements work perfectly, so I do know what has to be killed theroatically.

- Balmorra Exploration: The lore object for "The Invasion of Balmorra" (located in the Balmorrean Arms Factory) can't be activated. The tooltip says that the terminal is named "Invaion of Balmorra" thou.

Edited by mdahm

I think they will fix the issues with the system.

I for one would like any boss required from a class story be removed as an achievement, and instead have a open accessible equivalent placed in the world.

I also think that the particular animal mob that holds the codex entry for that species should be a different color or size than the other animals. Right now its very difficult to determine where the creature is or distinguish it from the other creatures in it's genus or species.

Edited by LordArtemis

Right now, I'm scratching my head over why it appears that only characters who were 50 (and/or had completed their class stories) when this launched had their achievements count. That must surely be a bug, but at present, it just looks bizarre. Though I haven't tested whether the achievements suddenly show up if one finishes something else on the affected characters. I've been kind of busy and haven't had much chance to play. Has anyone else noticed?

Edit: Never mind. Test first, post second. It appears that the game notices what you've done as you log into each character. Move along, nothing to see here.

Edited by depizan

I cant get the "Glactic Explorer" Title because when i went to Balmorra with my Imperial i mapped out the whole planet and even though i got the message saying i had "surveyed" the whole planet it didnt give me the "Imperial Balmorra Explorer" Achievement and thus even though i have fully explored all the planets in the game i still dont have the Achievement/Title

Right now, I'm scratching my head over why it appears that only characters who were 50 (and/or had completed their class stories) when this launched had their achievements count. That must surely be a bug, but at present, it just looks bizarre. Though I haven't tested whether the achievements suddenly show up if one finishes something else on the affected characters. I've been kind of busy and haven't had much chance to play. Has anyone else noticed?

Edit: Never mind. Test first, post second. It appears that the game notices what you've done as you log into each character. Move along, nothing to see here.

This. I found this out as well. You have to log in the character to get the credit. Once you do, poof, it appears.