Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Money Refund for Servers Being Down

Perhelis

I am payable player and I pay my subscription every month. Recently however I see that the servers are being down quite often (like now - servers are down and no ETA or no explanations are given to us).

Therefore, I want to get some form of refund as the service I pay for is not being delivered. I do not want necessary my money back but some kind of gratification for for constant screw-ups should be on place i.e. cartel money.

If my company would treat its customers as Bioware we would be bust by now!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am payable player and I pay my subscription every month. Recently however I see that the servers are being down quite often (like now - servers are down and no ETA or no explanations are given to us).

Therefore, I want to get some form of refund as the service I pay for is not being delivered. I do not want necessary my money back but some kind of gratification for for constant screw-ups should be on place i.e. cartel money.

You don't understand yet do you? xP You're one of the sick masochistics that enjoys the way that BioWare treats us. Everyone who pays to play TOR is... otherwise we'd all have gone F2P when that launched. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding? Maybe you should read the EULA you agreed to. You have NO RIGHT to any of your money back. No right to gratificaition. None.

IE -- They aren't failing to do anything they're required to do by EULA terms. Deal with it.

AGREED!!

And because Ford Built My car so it actually needs oil changes and new tires, brakes, maintenance ..washing... I should get money back from FORd since i paid $38,000 for it..

And because MY computer needs reformatting and software updates every now and then and I paid for it i should get money back from Nvidia, Intel, microsoft, Asus, Seagate, Mushkin....and anyone elses parts i bought because i paid for them...

and My bank...they should give me money back on my mortgage because my house needed a new roof last year that cost me $9000 because i paid for the house....

Op....give your head a shake..

Edited by CrazyCanukk

1) why are you playing the game during normal work hours? Shouldn't you be working.... so the company does not go bust? :p

2) please, read the ToS and EULA. It's the same as all other MMOs..... 7/24 service is not guaranteed...EVER... by ANY MMO.

3) where can they send you the 5 cents (which is the ~ prorated amount for actual sever down time) within a 30/7/24 play environment. Please note: it will be sent... Postage Due. ;)

Edited by Andryah

You paying $14.99 per month, so , 31 days in 1 month x 24 = 744 hours.

744 hrs / $14.99 = $0.02 per hour

Servers are down for maybe 10 hrs for one whole month. They should refund you $0.2 :D

I expect to see that check by the end of the week or my lawyers will be in contact, sir.

Don't you know, if you read the EULA, they only have to guarantee the servers to be up 75% of the time for the billing month. You pay full price for 75% of the fun.....

Ok so that may or may not be true, I wouldn't put it past them to hide that deep in the legal text, but I know for a fact ISP's are that way, <previous employee------------ =)

Servers are down for maybe 10 hrs for one whole month. They should refund you $0.2 :D

That does not included the vig.:p

$15/month works out to 2.08 CENTS per hour. Where should they send the cheque? :rolleyes:

On a different note, if you're that damaged by being unable to play the game for a few hours, please seek professional help immediately. I'm concerned for your well-being.

Refunds....

I think there is not an obligation to provide one and it depends on the nature of the service disruption. Server Maintenance that is scheduled should not be reason for a refund. The server randomly going down for an *extended* time period perhaps.

If the server is down or sketchy for over 24-hours I would expect something from the company. Not necessarily a refund but poor service should be acknowledged.

Anyways, I'm not asking for one. I personally haven't had any issues with Ebon Hawk. Can't remember the last time I couldn't log into the server for some unplanned reason.

- Arcada

some cartel coins would be nice like 1000+ or give us 10 free enforcer packs

Your subscriber time, at $14.99 per month, comes in right around $0.02 per hour. Even a full day down is only around $0.48.

To get 1000 Cartel Coins, the servers would need to be down for about 500 hours (over 20 days).

Don't hold your breath.

$15/month works out to 2.08 CENTS per hour. Where should they send the cheque? :rolleyes:

On a different note, if you're that damaged by being unable to play the game for a few hours, please seek professional help immediately. I'm concerned for your well-being.

omg i want my 4 cents!

P.s. this is why i have side games that i can play when my main game is down :p

-Borderlands 2 with a friend.

-Skyrim for solo.

-and the 108 other steam games.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

So it is $0.2...

Yes, of course - you all can quote licenses etc... but it really is not about "hard wording". It is only about how we are being treated. Every player can take only as much before one goes to another game. Especially that the choice is vast. And this is not how you build a steady and happy body of players and develop any product. This is how you actually lose customers... and one thing is for sure: happy customer = paying customer....

So it is $0.2...

Yes, of course - you all can quote licenses etc... but it really is not about "hard wording". It is only about how we are being treated. Every player can take only as much before one goes to another game. Especially that the choice is vast. And this is not how you build a steady and happy body of players and develop any product. This is how you actually lose customers... and one thing is for sure: happy customer = paying customer....

Good luck getting better elsewhere, if you find game paradise, keep me up on it.

AGREED!!

And because Ford Built My car so it actually needs oil changes and new tires, brakes, maintenance ..washing... I should get money back from FORd since i paid $38,000 for it..

And because MY computer needs reformatting and software updates every now and then and I paid for it i should get money back from Nvidia, Intel, microsoft, Asus, Seagate, Mushkin....and anyone elses parts i bought because i paid for them...

and My bank...they should give me money back on my mortgage because my house needed a new roof last year that cost me $9000 because i paid for the house....

Op....give your head a shake..

Nice unbiased comment from an EA battlelog moderator... :p

On topic I do think they should be doing something to improve customer relations when the unexpected (or becoming more expected now) happens and the servers go down for a number of hours.

Maybe asking for money back is a bit too much but the guy who says we should get something like free cartel coins is on the ball. Or maybe some comms even?

Nice unbiased comment from an EA battlelog moderator... :p

On topic I do think they should be doing something to improve customer relations when the unexpected (or becoming more expected now) happens and the servers go down for a number of hours.

Maybe asking for money back is a bit too much but the guy who says we should get something like free cartel coins is on the ball. Or maybe some comms even?

Why, because you can't read a ToS or EULA? You aren't entitled to anything. And quite frankly, you don't deserve anything.

You got a dev post within 10 minutes explaining that there WAS an issue, and they're working on it. End of story.

Do you screech at your ISP when you lose power and can't be on your computer? Or the power company because you can't watch tv?

So it is $0.2...

Simcity..

people couldn't connect for many days after release..

It was a disaster...and what happened after the uproar ...Nothing. Simcity is selling extremely well..and people are playing it in ridiculous numbers ..

If the game is down here and there so be it...a game is nothing more then code, mathematics, hardware and software and all that shoved down a line to your home. Its going to break down...you can either gets used to this fact that has been a fact since online gaming ever started...or you can shut off your computer and go buy yourself a great board game or a deck of cards that doesn't require downtime or patches. I suggest grabbing an old D&D set and start role playing without the aid of computers...

Edited by CrazyCanukk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.