REMOVE Bolster from level 55 warzones!

Yelloweyedemon

im not angrey at the bolster, im not angry coz it takes more skill now, im not even angry coz of the naked noobs. what really annoys me is the perthetic gamers crying bout there gear not good enough, now im a casual gamer and just b4 2.0 was announced i had mostly EWH with a few WH bits with some pve bits. this char was a late char of mine and entered in my recruit gear facing WH full kitted guys when that was top tier, i gamed on died alot but in couple of weeks i had more or less my full BM set and to the point of when 2.0 was announced in that couple of weeks i went from zero comms to capped on ranked and normal comms how the **** cant some of u seriosly put time in for couple of weeks and earn your place instead of being handed it to you.

Right now you may feel its balenced but trust me those same guys in premades will get back to stomping many of u into the ground just like pre 2.0 and what will you complain about then.

As it was on my server empire could go all night and lose 90% of matches and i did my best but from these losses i took the silver lining that i was another step closer to my next piece of well earned gear, what will decent pugs like myself have now when we face a night long stomping lol

Please bioware i speak as a pug and a casual gamer that truely loves pvp and i want this bolster crap gone from 55.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolster is fine - Just becuse u caant LOLKILLSPREE poor dudes that gona get in game on sunday/monday on there fresh lvl 55s aww u poor dOOders just get som skillz and u will be fine with Bolster bufff.

U still sux if u have it in ur mouth

My take on bolster at 55,

It's not that bad besides the whole "naked" thing. If you made people have some entry level gear great. However, my friend (sorc) is wearing full PvE gear and sitting at 1120 force power, 1850 expertise, 26k health, and is healing for over one million on a full voidstar.

The first day at 55 I did 1.5 million damage as a dps jugg in PvE gear...... Yes Rage spec is still good so get use to it.

Bolster people fine, but at level 55 one should have relics for god sake. And what happen to people getting to learn the game and be a beginner? We all have to, whether in work or in life, you're the new guy. it'll go away soon, so don't worry.

Last point, gear hasn't mattered much in WZs anyways. Same teams are destroy the same people. Gear or otherwise, good players are good players, just don't let people run naked with 30000k health.

Otherwise, 2.0 PvP is awesome!

I do agree! EA are doing something about pvp after all thought..

This is why i think that way is better:

1. Better balance in warzones

2. Bigger interest in World pvp

3. Bigger interest in ranked warzones

4. Favor to the skilled players not the geared ones!

5. Favor to players that enjoy multiple character gameing and don't have the time to gear them all

In less than a month before 2.0 I geared two fresh 50s in fully augmented WH that were competitive enough for my liking in WZs. Yes, I did funnel sets through Legacy Armor from my main excluding MH/OH/Relics/Implants/Ear. I was still at a disadvantage for a considerable amount of time. In that time I played smarter, chose my fights carefully and increased my skill as a player in doing so.

Bolster is going to create less interest in WZs, you aren't going to need a full PvP set to do OWPvP event dailies anymore, not that you did before... but if I saw you trying to take the center Pylon on Ilum in Rakata you were about to get crushed.

PvE centric players have plenty of advantages in the content they choose to spend most of their time playing, PvP centric players should enjoy the same rewards - especially in OWPvP events.

Remove Bolster from all 55 WZs and OW areas. For those of you that share my opinion and also rolled a PvP SERVER FFS this is completely ridiculous.

OR

Leave Bolster how it is and take Expertise OFF of all the PvP gear but make the top tier PvP sets = top tier PvE sets for main stat/secondary and tertiary stats. Then the people that gear through PvP can be geared enough to run PvE content without knowing how to tank swap or stop DPS on a debuff.

I do agree! EA are doing something about pvp after all thought..

This is why i think that way is better:

1. Better balance in warzones

2. Bigger interest in World pvp

3. Bigger interest in ranked warzones

4. Favor to the skilled players not the geared ones!

5. Favor to players that enjoy multiple character gameing and don't have the time to gear them all

1. PVE gear has 20-30 more End and Mainstat per piece, same expertise thanks to bolster

2. No interest since no one collects PVP gear (its useless in WZs)

3. No interest since people have no time to play RWZs andGRIND PVE

4. Favour to people who have time to grind more PVE

5. No because bolster gives you 2000 mainstat, expertise and endurance (around 23-24k hp) which is useless compared to both full pvp set (29-30k hp) and pve set (32-40k).

All this does is makes all who want to be competitive in warzones grind PVE which is ridiculous.

In less than a month before 2.0 I geared two fresh 50s in fully augmented WH that were competitive enough for my liking in WZs. Yes, I did funnel sets through Legacy Armor from my main excluding MH/OH/Relics/Implants/Ear. I was still at a disadvantage for a considerable amount of time. In that time I played smarter, chose my fights carefully and increased my skill as a player in doing so.

Bolster is going to create less interest in WZs, you aren't going to need a full PvP set to do OWPvP event dailies anymore, not that you did before... but if I saw you trying to take the center Pylon on Ilum in Rakata you were about to get crushed.

PvE centric players have plenty of advantages in the content they choose to spend most of their time playing, PvP centric players should enjoy the same rewards - especially in OWPvP events.

Remove Bolster from all 55 WZs and OW areas. For those of you that share my opinion and also rolled a PvP SERVER FFS this is completely ridiculous.

OR

Leave Bolster how it is and take Expertise OFF of all the PvP gear but make the top tier PvP sets = top tier PvE sets for main stat/secondary and tertiary stats. Then the people that gear through PvP can be geared enough to run PvE content without knowing how to tank swap or stop DPS on a debuff.

As far as i can see your concerns are about the PVEers vs PvPers! I do not play PvE, but dude wake up and face it people in this game doing only PvP aren't much, cause EA have only 5 warzones to offer and that terrible engine ( i still have to check the new open world pvp area, but EA failed till now, so my hopes aren't big).

1. PVE gear has 20-30 more End and Mainstat per piece, same expertise thanks to bolster

2. No interest since no one collects PVP gear (its useless in WZs)

3. No interest since people have no time to play RWZs andGRIND PVE

4. Favour to people who have time to grind more PVE

5. No because bolster gives you 2000 mainstat, expertise and endurance (around 23-24k hp) which is useless compared to both full pvp set (29-30k hp) and pve set (32-40k).

All this does is makes all who want to be competitive in warzones grind PVE which is ridiculous.

Well in this case they only need to the change the bolster not remove it thought..

Or they can remove bolster and give everyone free gear with 2k exp and 2k end. And call it... hmm... i dunno... recruit? isnt that easier?

Maybe, but hmm.. i have to change my gear every time i go in warzones form open world pvp thought..

I am perfeclty fine with bolster at lower levels, cause everyone needs to be on par no matter the level for obvious reasons. But there is no reason to have such a system in top-level pvp especially when there are two sets of PVP ARMOUR.

In my opinion, Regz (Regular Level 55 WZs) are as casual a PvP context as Lowbie PvP. For that reason, I think it's fine to have Bolster in that format.

However, Bolster has no place in 55 Rated War Zones. RWZs are our PvP endgame. I'm fine with the PvP gear grind not mattering in other Regz and Lowbies, but min/maxing gear is a strategic mini-game that should be preserved for Rated. Bolster simply negates the need to grind PvP gear, and it makes no sense to me that people will be farming PvE Ops to min/max for RWZ PvP.

Not to mention that we have never seen an iteration of Bolster that actually worked as intended. The potential for exploits in RWZs should be avoided entirely.

Bolster is here to stay, live with it.

And even bugged and seeing people naked is much better than the times when Battlemasters guys exploiting Ilum or later WH vs Recruit just made warzones a slaughterhouse cos the gear and not the skill.

Naked guys will be fixed but Bolster is a step foward.

this ... pvp is fun now and the end of healfarmers or defender medal farmers ...

Bumping this thread...

Seriously all other raging posts getting attention, and something so much important gets ignored? ...

If the system stays like this PvP will die MUCH sooner than what it was expected to.

bolster in 55 will stay weather you want it or not they will not remove it. How ever right now bolster in 55 is just as messed up as the lowbies version is. once they patch it the right way thing will be back to normal the onl;y thing is the fresh none EWH geared player will now have a little more of a chance.

I never did have the EWH gear, but at 50 I still found PvP fun and had something to work towards to be more effective and help my team. Now, with pretty much no gear progression, I don't see the point of even having PvP gear. PvP gear should give you some form of advantage for using it, but make it something that isn't OP. Just my 10 cents.

Just remove bolster period. Make more pvp level ques & cross server ques. Dont give people anything let them earn it. thats the problem with games today.

Cross server isn't going to happen. Oh yes, let's screw over the new fresh 55s and give them no chance against us super elitist people who have full sets already before the actual expansion goes live for non pre-orders.

May I remind you people that are QQing that you were all once fresh endgame levels. Just because people bullied you for sucking doesn't mean you should continue the cycle. There was a dev response from Eric that stated the naked bolster isn't intended, but the gap closer for geared and fresh is intended. I suggest you just go naked for the time being if it's bothering you that much.

lmao all the ppl saying its at least even now...so give all us pvpers bolster in pve and let us blow up ops that you work your asses off for and see how fair you think it is :)

HM Scum and Villainy can be taken on with Dread Guard gear, which is basically what the new Conqueror's gear is, so be my guest to go in and try it. Let me know how that works for you.

If all you really care about is the thrill of pvp and proving your skill against another human being, and pvp is the only thing you find entertaining in this game, why would you care about gear progression?

Does it feel better to beat someone on the basis of skill, rather than a gear difference?

Should gear acquisition be the only incentive to pvp that this game offers?

If all you really care about is pvp for the sake of pvp, why do you care about how good (or poor) the incentives are?

Why don't you read other posts? Here is the cliff notes version.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=622259

1. BW recognizes the problem.

2. BW agrees that naked people shouldn't out stat people with the PvP gear.

3. BW is trying to fix it.

These forums are filled with spolied brats who don't educate themselves with what is going on and feel entitiled to plague these forums with unproductive jiberish.

I am very happy that Bioware made this change, it was a problem from the beginning, the gear gap in PvP content and the grind to not get destroyed by others that had more play time. After the many many threads about this they fixed it, and now those that were used to having gear crutches to faceroll people are butthurt. I grinded Champion gear, then Battlemaster when you still had to buy bags and get a "chance" of an item not buy one outright, then war hero and EWH, and I am thrilled with the change; because, no one should go through what I just explained to participate in a "feature" of the game.....the game is 95% PvE after all.

The bolster works both ways, I have read a lot of posts about how PvE is best in slot.... its not. If your not wearing PvP gear or PvP gear not equal to the lowest "new" set of PvP gear you get "changed" to that set of stats. This means that if I had a full set of end raiding armor it would "change" their stats to be on level with the base PvP set. So no, PVE gear is not better for PvPing.

Another thing why does everyone think PvP gear should scale with PvE? You cant say, so that PVE gear doesn't trump PvP gear, but because of the bolster system in place now that would reduce a max PvE players stats. In PvE content scales in difficulty, bosses and mobs deal more dammage and have more health to create a challenge for players at that level of play. So my question is what content is increasing in difficulty in PvP ? The answer is none, so why have gear scale up and inflate dammage health and everything else causing imbalance between PvP and PvE class abilities, and why create large gear gaps making expirenced PvPers even more powerful against fresh players learning? Well they just fixed that and now there is at least a base line to work from to make balancing things easier, and no large gear gap to give people crutches that don't need them.

The only reason I can see so many folks upset is because waste of warcraft has a system set up that way, so what. Everquest 1 had PvP and NO PvP gear, and end game raiders would stomp your face. People asked for PvP gear, they said no, if you want to get better stats get raid gear end of story. Just like many would agree here that no one should have to suffer to participate in a "feature" of a PvE based game.

These forums are filled with spolied brats who don't educate themselves with what is going on and feel entitiled to plague these forums with unproductive jiberish.
I think it has less to do with education and more to do with being familiar with BW's ability to fix things. They've already stated in one news article that it was fixed when it clearly wasnt. It took players about 2 minutes to discover something that BW hasnt been able to figure out in 6 months, or however long they've been working this.

As for bolster, I'm all for it in lowbie as long as there's room to reward those who care about their gear and keep it up to date. The bolster should be to green level gear of the max level in the bracket, if you are wearing blue or purple mods, within 2 levels of your actual level, you should get a small buff from that.

At 55, I'm torn, mostly because all gear has the same expertise now. The problem with recruit was that you were screwed on both expertise and mainstat...and no one ever augmented recruit gear to bridge one of the gaps. One idea would be to introduce "recruit mods", this would allow players to put them in auged gear. Give them a set of mods (refering to armoring/mod/enhacement) when they ding 55 and get rid of bolster. The other alternative is to put a cap on high you can be bolstered. No expertise, well then you're not getting more than 1500 expertise + 2000 end + 2000 main stat. Every PvP piece/mod from there on will have a dedicated bolster value. It will be complicated but that's what you get when you introduce a stupid system in the first place.

Bolster needs to go..

that fact that a naked played have more expertise that some one in full partisan makes it BS in a big lvl

Actually asking here, do they really have more expertise? And if they do, how much more damage % is it giving? the naked people I have seen have had around 2.0-2.1K main stat. I'm currently sitting on +56 % damage boost and +2,8K main stat on my somewhat geared sage. It strikes me as better than being naked.

Edited by MidichIorian