Did we get nerfed?

Daylooin

Maybe, just maybe, we could get to 55 first and get the new gear and THEN see how we compare versus other classes? People are jumping the gun too quickly IMO.

Well I am 55 and I dont have all new gear but - neither do them so we are all probhably the same. Thing is - my damage isnt bad - in the end I am at top, first or second, as usual, but feeling is wrong. I cant actually kill anything, sorcer/sage dont even kite me, they just stay there and take my damage :D

The Nerf isn't that bad.... still top the damage charts... it’s just harder to kill skilled healers.

Once the QQ has died down the True Vanguards & Powertechs will remain and the mugs who only play FOTM classes will move on to Snipers/Gunslingers, then in 3-4 months when Snipers/Gunslingers get nerffed they will move again…. Such is the way of things.

The best players adapt, they will either realise that we now have to assist DPS rather than being able to pull a healer, stun them dot em up and 1-2 shot them. (which was OP)

I still love my Powertech and love the new AOE dot through flame sweep :D

It’s still viable and like I said once everyone calms down abit they will realise that the nerf was needed. Although I admit it was slightly ‘overnerffed’

More of an irritant than a OMG my class is f**ked…!!!111!!! I QUIT

If worst comes to worse everyone will just roll Advanced Prototype/Tactics

I still love my Powertech and love the new AOE dot through flame sweep :D

Yep we still end with a lot of damage at the end of the match. But a lot of it is fluff damage much like this aoe DoT. It's nice to have and pads the numbers for the end game if that's what you care about. It's whether or not VGs will be more useful in ranked than a guardian, sentinel, or GS since their utility is lacking compared to all three of those. Will have to wait and see how it all plays out at 55 but so far it's not looking good in that regard.

Are VGs still viable? Absolutely. But are they worth bringing over any other dps now if given the choice? That's what I'm curious to find out.

Aaawww!! Here have a bearhug! :o. When you were killing me in 3s in ranked wz no matter the gear (dps gear or tank gear), you were balanced :rolleyes:. So enjoy being nerfed just like most classes have been. Year of the vanguard is gone, tis year of the sniper.

Lulz, maybe back in 1.2 or whatever it was we coulda killed you in 3 gcds but it sounds to me like your just a baddie and people like you are why we ended up here.

Dps classes of 2.0 have more burst than we ever had so..ya go be bad some place else.:rak_03:

Yep we still end with a lot of damage at the end of the match. But a lot of it is fluff damage much like this aoe DoT. It's nice to have and pads the numbers for the end game if that's what you care about. It's whether or not VGs will be more useful in ranked than a guardian, sentinel, or GS since their utility is lacking compared to all three of those. Will have to wait and see how it all plays out at 55 but so far it's not looking good in that regard.

Are VGs still viable? Absolutely. But are they worth bringing over any other dps now if given the choice? That's what I'm curious to find out.

No we are not worth a thing anymore. We die in 2 seconds before 2.0 if we could burst someone down fast enough we could avoid our 10 second life span and live to fight another day but now your burst is gone your dead before you even put a dent in someone unless you have a healer keeping you up and even than your TTK is so much slower than the other classes we pretty much just bring down our pvp ops groups. We are now useless fluff damage.

I suppose only time will tell... :cool:

No we are not worth a thing anymore. We die in 2 seconds before 2.0 if we could burst someone down fast enough we could avoid our 10 second life span and live to fight another day but now your burst is gone your dead before you even put a dent in someone unless you have a healer keeping you up and even than your TTK is so much slower than the other classes we pretty much just bring down our pvp ops groups. We are now useless fluff damage.

Yea... this was the over reaction i was talking about.... :rolleyes:

Although we are still doing at best "Okay" dmg, we can't kill a thing. For instance, I can hammer away at any class throughout the entire WZ, I'm not going to kill him. This nerf has destroyed us, making us like Troopers in the movies; just the guys who get blown up in the background :mad:

I found an excellent way to get outstanding DPS in Warzones.

Your rotation needs to focus around exsplosive Surge which gives your pulse cannon a buff, then use pulse cannon. Spam this ability, and you'll get alot better DPS.

With this tip I got

657965 DMG

62837 Protection

7 deaths.

13036 healing

On voidstar.

I found an excellent way to get outstanding DPS in Warzones.

Your rotation needs to focus around exsplosive Surge which gives your pulse cannon a buff, then use pulse cannon. Spam this ability, and you'll get alot better DPS.

With this tip I got

657965 DMG

62837 Protection

7 deaths.

13036 healing

On voidstar.

I'm sure your tips will help some people but its not about better numbers on the score board.. its about our burst and TTK has been cut in half which makes us useless.. seeing as how our utility and survivability are still the lowest of all dps classes in pvp.. anyway tho those tips are nice to see sounds like you had one hell of a VS.

At this moment only thing I do is daily pvp, so max 4 losses a day :D Didnt even get weekly yet :( I'm playing as tank, I put insane protection numbers, but without healer that is just pointless. As dps, I could win match alone, take node, etc, as tank, I depend on others.

True, stats on the board don't mean much.

#1 We can't defeat any class in 1v1.

#2 If its 2v1, we die in seconds.

#3 Our DPS cannot even come close to challenging Smashers

#4 We have little more to offer other than Support DPS.

AKA, Vanguards are entirely broken. And with BW's record, it'll probably be a year before they admit this and buff us, in doing so they'll probably destroy the Commando again. They can't seem to buff other classes without destroying another.

The problem is that all the other classes are as happy as can be, meaning BW won't look twice at our problem. They'll see the countless happy Snipers, Smashers, shadows and so on and ignore the fact that (In their eyes) a small majority is unhappy, that's us.

Aside from PvP I found that the Absorbtion/ Shielding that used to be our stat at times is being reduced and replaced by Defense rating, I'm a Tank so I was at 47 shield, 49 absorbtion rating, finding that with the newer gear I'm getting more defense rating than any would like used to be a 10.6 defense now boosted to 14.9 with shield and absorbtion at 25 and 31. Yeah I do believe they like to nerf a viable tank in most scenario's to make the guardian and shadow look better.