(Almost) Silent Companions

hillerbees

I have started playing the Makeb storyline and so far I haven't heard a peep out of my companion Elara Dorne during conversations etc. When I flirted with another bird I didn't even lose companion points with her even though she is supposed to be my wife!! I'd have thought a knee in the nuts wouldn't have been out of the question or that there would have been some reference to making my own dinner if I didn't cop on!

She does however seem to grunt like a tennis player during combat when I don't really remember her doing that much up to level 50 - she must be feeling the pressure. Its a bit distracting to be honest - I'm kicking some grunt in the sweets and all I hear is that going on behind me. I look around after the fight and expect to see Maria Sharipova stuffing a ball up her skirt as she prepares to serve for the match.

Anyone else notice that...about the silent companion or do they perk up a bit in later conversations.

Oh as a side issue, I've yet to have a hairy biker type try and chat me up or for some limp wristed fop tell me he thinks I'd look good in pink - guess I have that all yet to look forward to :)

They won't speak up in any conversation. However, and certain places on the planet your companion will say something based on the location. For example, for the Marauder, Lt. Pierce at Gravity Hook Ledge will make a comment about it being the perfect sniper spot while a DS Jaessa will comment about how fun it would be to throw someone off the edge.

they really need to expand the affection storyline on all companions and have them talk more and more

I'M MARRIED TO ASHARA AND SHE NEVER DOES OR SAYS ANYTHING WHEN I FLIRT/KILL JEDI

they really need to expand all companions storylines and to expand classes story as well

lvl 50 sith assassin

the harbringer

imperial legio guild

They won't speak up in any conversation. However, and certain places on the planet your companion will say something based on the location. For example, for the Marauder, Lt. Pierce at Gravity Hook Ledge will make a comment about it being the perfect sniper spot while a DS Jaessa will comment about how fun it would be to throw someone off the edge.

he makes a great point and i'm supporting it

no talking companions drives ME INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::rak_04::rak_04::rak_04:

So the moral of your story is, You like to bash people different then you? Perhaps you want to tell us how you feel about Blacks and Jews?

No not bashing anyone at all...tennis players, hairy bikers or people with limp wrists. And feel fine about most people regardless of their colour, race or sexual persuasion. My aside comment was said in jest given all the fuss that was made by people slamming the introduction of a so called gay planet prior to the expansion release. No intention to offend anyone and surprised that I seemingly did. To all gay, black Jewish tennis players and to the concerned poster you have my sincere apologies if I have offended you.

My aside comment was said in jest given all the fuss that was made by people slamming the introduction of a so called gay planet prior to the expansion release. No intention to offend anyone and surprised that I seemingly did.

Quoted for emphasis. S'all good, OP. :) (The comment about Sharipova made me laugh though -- listening to a televised women's tennis match is alarming...)

Anyway -- I did note that as soon as I walked into the Makeb Orbital Station with my Bounty Hunter, Torian immediately had a comment about the planet. We may miss a lot of these kinds of comments throughout the game as a whole by being on our speeders all the time, but it sounds like they're there!

I'd have thought a knee in the nuts wouldn't have been out of the question or that there would have been some reference to making my own dinner if I didn't cop on!

If your character shares your sense of humor, something tells me he's making his own dinners already and I don't think that will change any time soon :rolleyes:

(No, I wasn't offended, but I did think your... jokes were inappropriate precisely because of all the whining that has been going on.)

Anyway. I think it has been mentioned before that they'll only say some lines while you're walking around, which I'm sure will cause me to miss most of them since I'm generally on my speeder. Ah well. It is too bad that they didn't do more with the companions, considering it seems as though many people would like to see more interaction. At least that's the impression I've gotten.

Not having any companion-convos is my one complaint with Makeb. I really miss them!

Try not to harp on about it in every post here on the forum because really I could. However, Makeb has been a lot of fun so I want that message to get across as well.

This was a great story, could we get something with our companions now pretty please!

I'm planning to do Makeb with a guildmate, best geek friend, so I'm not going to miss the chatter. Of course, I'm taking scum Quinn with me because he's my healer so don't care if I hear from him. Though my jugg ended their marriage and I received an email about having children, lol. I read it and said, yes, well I'll pass that information on to my new guy Pierce lol.

I do kind of miss having companions pop in and say something during convos but the fact that they make comments during the exploration of Makeb makes up for it with me.

Sides I finally got to have my scoundrel kiss another chick, that was totally worth it

If your character shares your sense of humor, something tells me he's making his own dinners already and I don't think that will change any time soon :rolleyes:

(No, I wasn't offended, but I did think your... jokes were inappropriate precisely because of all the whining that has been going on.)

Anyway. I think it has been mentioned before that they'll only say some lines while you're walking around, which I'm sure will cause me to miss most of them since I'm generally on my speeder. Ah well. It is too bad that they didn't do more with the companions, considering it seems as though many people would like to see more interaction. At least that's the impression I've gotten.

I think he robs food off the people he kills. No sense in letting it go to waste :)

Thanks for your comments I agree its a shame more wasn't done with the companion characters maybe its something they will consider on future content if enough people care for it.