Makeb: Tired of fighting

pchayka

The irony is WoW left this form of leveling combat behind a long time ago. You're rarely forced to plow through a large amount of mobs to get somewhere.

Sometimes I have to wonder if the people who rag on WoW have even played it in the last 5 years.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even tried Makeb yet, but I think it's bad in the rest of the game as well. You should be able to travel somewhere without aggroing 800 mobs. I wish Bioware would take a closer look at this.
I can't think of any other area with the same problem in swtor so if you think that way you're really in for a treat on Makeb. Not even the fairly tight path close to the willpower datacron on Tatooine comes close, you're still able to avoid the mobs there. On makeb there's sometimes an elite on each side of a bridge you have to use (area where you use the camera for the first time). The dailies are also very much located to villages or camps where you can't move 5ft without risking to aggro something. It gets really boring when you constantly have to fight your way to the fight.

Oh and wild animals, the ones that are labeled enemies (red nameplates), are in most, if not all other places, located at the side of the road . Not on Makeb. You will sometimes see them flock on the road.

Edited by MidichIorian

I can't think of any other area with the same problem in swtor so if you think that way you're really in for a treat on Makeb. Not even the fairly tight path close to the willpower datacron on Tatooine comes close, you're still able to avoid the mobs there. On makeb there's sometimes an elite on each side of a bridge you have to use (area where you use the camera for the first time). The dailies are also very much located to villages or camps where you can't move 5ft without risking to aggro something. It gets really boring when you constantly have to fight your way to the fight.

Oh and wild animals, the ones that are labeled enemies (red nameplates), are in most, if not all other places, located at the side of the road . Not on Makeb. You will sometimes see them flock on the road.

I'd prefer it this way than just be able to sneak your way in click an item and finish your daily/weekly/quest. i like some form of "realism" in the game lol. i've always felt it dumb when you're right in the patrol's face while you click on your quest item and don't get aggro at all.

I i've always felt it dumb when you're right in the patrol's face while you click on your quest item and don't get aggro at all.

Agreed. The last thing this game needs is an easier way to complete missions. There are many, myself included, that welcome any change that ratchets up the difficulty. That said, one persons challenging fight is another person's annoying waste of time. Personally, I like to savor my content and the last thing I want to do is burn through it so fast nothing stays with me and I'm constantly asking "What's next?".

The more time consuming the better as far as I'm concerned. Bonus points if it can't be soloed.

In the German-language forums a few people expressed their discontent with having to fight so many yellow-coloured mobs. They'd like to circumvent them rather, or stay yellow, especially in the case of the Sage class, which is - at least theoretically - the most "pacifist" class of all.

Ha! Remember in Everquest trying to get out of a dungeon or zone alive when the choo choo train started! These kids these days have it so easy!

Black burrow was train central lol, even funnier when someone wasn't watching and ran into the hollow tree with no bottom.

Back then mobs agro was anyone in their path. Now days mobs return to spawn point before agroing anyone who doesn't hit them.

I realized this planet was designed like Section X as well (bad game design, btw) and am not going to do it on any of my characters now. I will just level up doing dailies and weeklies using group finder, etc like the expansion never even came. I'm guessing the reason they did this is because they realized there wasn't even enough content on Makeb to get you the 5 levels. Even with mobs every inch of the planet, you still won't get to 55 with just Makeb alone, though. Not only that, but I'd also guess they designed Section X and Makeb before F2P and before all the complaints about that horrible planet design. They're just cashing in now. EA is worst company in America for a reason, after all.

• 5 months later...
I haven't even tried Makeb yet, but I think it's bad in the rest of the game as well. You should be able to travel somewhere without aggroing 800 mobs. I wish Bioware would take a closer look at this.

It is the main issue of this game.

I thoroughly believe that Makeb is the devs revenge for a year and a half of player complaints.

If you are playing a class without a push back, or stealth. Get one of your tanks geared and run through the mobs, the tank will keep argo-ing even if passive. Dank dies and most of those mobs will disappear.

As marauder I have to fight my way in and out every time i want to go anywhere. There are many cliffs which mercs, inqs and snipers can easily push off enemies when mara should fight again and again.

Stealth classes have huge time advantage here not fighting every damn time.

I am 53 only and already made "1000 killed mobs on Makeb" achievement.

I'm tired of fighting again and again :mad:

You wanted OmG 2 SabOrZ poWa!!!?!?!one11eleven!!

now use em. :)

I always wondered why do I need to kill 50% of the planet population everytime I want to go from A to B in every planet ?

the funny thing is that I need to kill 40 mobs just to get to my objective where I need to kill 10 mobs for the mission.

one of the major things that turns me down from the game.

Edited by Zolxtren

I guess no one enjoys a intense battlefield/planet anymore? While I am not a fan of Makeb, I thought it's placement of mobs made sense. The planet was being torn apart. Chaos was spilling over the brim. Not to mention the ongoing struggle for dominance over the planet being backstabbed and sabotaged left and right.

Yeah there was some dying, Mobs on Makeb drop like flies if you look before you leap. I just don't get you OP. How you are tired of fighting when the key factor in this game is in fact fighting. When this MMO takes place at a time of war.

What's intense about it? I just ride through the mobs. The only way to get killed is to get knocked off while in an ops group, since your companion won't auto-summon, and some classes rely on them for survival.

Even real-life warzones at their worst were still 95% rear support, less than 5% actually guns firing. Makeb's not like that. There's nothing intense about it. It's just liberally sprinkled with trash mobs that are intended to delay players to artificially inflate the hours of content.

It is the main issue of this game.

This is not "the main issue of the game" - this is merely how Blizzard destroyed the whole RPG genre.

I always wondered why do I need to kill 50% of the planet population everytime I want to go from A to B in every planet ?

Good point. I call this "the Blizzard heritage".

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

This is not "the main issue of the game" - this is merely how Blizzard destroyed the whole RPG genre.

Good point. I call this "the Blizzard heritage".

man wow is like 50% less grindier

and atleast there you can kill the army of mobs in seconds.

I wish Guardian tanks would get somekinde of placeable Aoe in the game would make life easyer.

As a Sentinel (Marauder's opposite class), I also found it irritating. However, if your having trouble, run some Warzones or other alternate activities to level up as many times as you need/can. At 55, cutting a bloody (cauterized?) swath through the enemy can actually be kind of fun and cathartic.

On a less serious note, if you'd like to resolve your differences with them, feel free to reach out to Vice Commandant Grevin via holocomm, see if you can work out the problem with him. If you didn't kill him yet.

I also have a Mara (55 now) but got lucky in that I play with my wife - who rocks on her Sorc healer. We (and our #1 companions) just got geared enough to clear HM BT. I definitely recommend finding a heal buddy as end games (even PvE) are supposed to be tough to solo. Edited by GalacticKegger