PvE Weekly Commendations 200 Limit?

Naholen

• Dev Post

After double checking, I've edited my original post above, because I was mistaken about weekly limits being affected by the initial conversion, and I want to be sure I'm not misinforming you guys! Sorry about that!

Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback on this topic and will be monitoring.

Edited by AmberGreen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I want to point out is that I have 3 missions pending but if I accept them I will lose all of the commendations and only gain the credits, also I cannot get out of my ship (without using legacy perks and fleet pass) without accepting the rewards what am I supposed to do? I don't want to lost all of my commendations since I'm already at the weekly limit.

Are you guys talking about the Classic Commendations limit? Am I the only one not super concerned about it because black hole, campaign, hazmat and dread guard gear essentially falls from the sky in level 50 instances now?

I'm talking about the classic commendations, yes you get far too many commendations rather quickly and before you know it within 2 or 3 days you are already at your weekly limit they need to at least double the weekly limit IMO.

I'll probably do a test to see how many classic commendations I get next week when they reset

Edited by DarkFireShadow

How about giving the classic commendations a weekly amount of 1000? Not sure about the rest of the commendations, but the classic ones should be raised. I did my black hole daily and weekly, then ran about 9 HM's and i'm close to being capped already, so yes this needs to be addressed ASAP.

Indeed, hitting the cap is quite easy, and it is not helped by the exchanges of the unassembled kits being tied to the weekly cap either. I've got a few I didn't get around to exchanging, only to lose some value when I redeemed them, because they were counted toward the cap, rather than just applied to the pool (like the converted comms). I was partially lucky, in that this was just before the weekly reset, but even post-reset, I am once again within a handful of comms from cap, and I've done rather little in the last day.

No. The cap is fine, at least this way people wont be geared -to- fast. Kudos to bioware for this!

Sorry but the cap is not "fine". Simple math could have determined how to set this limit by adding up all the dailys that reward classic comms x 7, add in any daily or weekly terminal or group finder quests, and an average of what would drop from doing at least a few FPs a week. While I don't know all the changes to the missions, etc, I'm sure this limit would have been at least 300-400.

I understand the need/want to limit how fast players gain gear but this IS starter gear we're talking about.

(Personally, though, I think there needs to be better information regarding these commendation boxes. For once, it should be visible before opening the container how many commendations will be gained, secondly it should be made clear that they count toward the weekly progression limit.)

It may be a matter of loot settings, but opening the box for me showed me the contents, but did not force me to remove them (ie accept the comms). Clicking the x to close that window retains both the container and the comms therein.

I was however rather unpleasantly surprised to learn that these boxes count toward my weekly limit. Given the current cap, I could exceed the limit for a month+ (I'm not logged in, or I'd offer more precise numbers:o) without running any content. That really isn't a positive thing from my perspective (especially during the gap between 2.0 and regular access RotHC) - and it certainly doesn't make me optimistic about the other comm types and their weekly limits.

Dear Bioware, This is real simple, either dump the weekly limits and make them organic (based on the available content) or lose a very significant part of your player base. Likely subs and founders. There is no way people are going to burn months gearing themselves in each tier on all their toons. Let's not forget a healing companion too. Can't say I much like the storage cap either but that is just irritating not game breaking/ending.

Storage went from 2+ full sets of BH gear to 2+/- Campaign pieces. What?

You know this kinda stuff is gonna upset a good many (or most) players but you do it anyway...this is all the more frustrating and insulting.

To recap: Fix it or lose players. My guess is the more than you think.

Dear Bioware, This is real simple, either dump the weekly limits and make them organic (based on the available content) or lose a very significant part of your player base. Likely subs and founders. There is no way people are going to burn months gearing themselves in each tier on all their toons. Let's not forget a healing companion too. Can't say I much like the storage cap either but that is just irritating not game breaking/ending.

You know this kinda stuff is gonna upset a good many (or most) players but you do it anyway...this is all the more frustrating and insulting.

So - how are you getting to the conclusion that BW are about to lose lots of customers?

Considering the number of people who play this thread is rather short for any large percentage of people to be having an issue with this.

But if you somehow know for a fact that BW are going to lose a significant number of players (and telling us about your mates etc doesn't form a significant number) then please share.

I agree that this is ridiculous. Hitting a weekly cap in one day, with the possibility of gaining even more comms from more dailies just shouldn't happen. 200 is far too low, frankly. And as Werdan stated, this IS starter gear we're talking about. Who cares how fast you get starter gear? The faster, the better in my opinion. Give players the ability to gear themselves up for the new Ops whenever, wherever, and however they want. Edited by ArcticFoxy

Please Bioware, raise the weekly for Classic Commendations, either to 400, or like in the case of planetary commendations, lower the the amount you can have at a time to 150 or 200, without a weekly limit.

I couldn't hit 50 on my alt after double xp weekend, now she will be in gear bought from planetary comms, until I get some BH drops from FPs, that she can wear. Last night I did two HM FPs in blue 124 gear (with guild, I don't know if anyone would bring me alone with GF), and I'm already at 70% of 50, near 51.

With a weekly limit I will be wearing 1 or 2 piece of Campaign, and anything that FPs drop, and be lvl 55.

Totally undergeared, becaused the stat curve will drop my stats below playable.

Bye.

The 'rush rush rush' players are always going to leave after getting to BiS anyways. Better to gate the whole game and keep a pace that's enjoyable and still keeps people from rushing to the finish and quitting after three weeks.

Why is there a cap for classic comms to begin with?

From now until Sunday I would've liked to run 50 FP's and Ops to my hearts content gaining comms and loot drops for myself and my companions to be ready for expac.

I've hit the cap, got only like 1 piece of gear, and now have to rely on RNG to gear. Why was this done? IT'S NO LONGER END-GAME so why is a cap justified?!

And how can I get burned out?! I'M GOING TO MAKEB ON SUNDAY and moving away from this tier!

What I see as an issue here is that I assume that when a weekly cap is full, spending the comms doesn't allow you to get more comms.

This is an issue because when people are geared up there is no point in doing the content again. As we only have a handfull of level 55 fp's and just 2 ops at 55, this means that there isn't a point for level 55s to do more than that. Risk is that things get old at level 55 more quickly. It is therefore imperative in my view that there be more 55 content.

Why would 55s do EV, KP or EC if they are commed up? Not many people go there just for "fun".

I find this particularly interesting after a recent interview where they admitted underestimating how quickly people go through content. Now personally I am ok, but I can understand the concerns people have and I will get to that point too if more content isn't added for level 55 in not too long a future.

I really like Makeb and the new stuff but by adding levels, there is a new level of endgame and that level does seem a bit limited at the moment.

Edited by Tsillah

Sorry but the cap is not "fine". Simple math could have determined how to set this limit by adding up all the dailys that reward classic comms x 7, add in any daily or weekly terminal or group finder quests, and an average of what would drop from doing at least a few FPs a week. While I don't know all the changes to the missions, etc, I'm sure this limit would have been at least 300-400.

I understand the need/want to limit how fast players gain gear but this IS starter gear we're talking about.

It isn't even starter gear...it is leveling gear at best.

So why can you cap in just a couple of days AND only have enough comms to buy ONE item with some comms left over? Are they expecting alts and new 50s to spend weeks at 50 to gear for the half day leveling that is Makeb?

Oh, and Basic comms, which do not fall from the sky like Classic comms and which are used for the starter gear for 55 are capped at 300 per week - or about TWO items a week.

So why is it more difficult to buy leveling items with comms that are easier to earn than to buy level 55 starting gear?

This would be like capping Planetary comms cap at 15-20 per week so that only one full piece could be upgraded each week.

Bye.

The 'rush rush rush' players are alwayss going to leave after getting to BiS anyways. Better to gate the whole game and keep a pace that's enjoyable and still ketothan gate it andor haveeps people from rushing to the finish and quitting after three weeks.

Actually the 'rush' players, which is entirely subjective BTW usually move to the next toon and continue gear up which only helps other players by increasing the number of active people playing.

Much better to gate it and just have people log in and play for a few hours, cap and be done for a week...ugh

This is bad and foolish any way you slice it. Why aren't more people saying something? The player base isn't known for foresight or long range thinking...neither are the devs apparently.

What am I supposed to do now I have 4 pending mission all with a considerable amount of classic commendations and I don't want to waste them since I have reached the weekly limit already. It would be a waste to accept the rewards when they don't actually have any "rewards" for me :(

My guild raided last night and I think I have lost about 50 comms since I had reached my 200 weekly max in one day :(

We are raiding again today and tomorrow, and I will have more wasted comms. Considering that we do FPs daily and we raid every week for 3 days, I don't even have the chance of waiting for the next week to turn in the quests either. It is annoying.

I do understand that they are trying to slow gearing up, but this is ridiculous. 200 weekly max is too low.

Thinking some more on this, I've come to the conclusion that if getting comms to gear your 50 is slow, you're more likely to stump up the cash for the expansion so you can ignore classic comms for the rest of the game.

Well played, Bioware, well played.

Well, I had the opposite problem from being warned too early. I traded in some unassembled Rakata gear to get the classic tokens and the game allowed me to open them even though I was at the weekly cap. This reminds me of the old bug allowing you to consume schematics you had already learned. I realize that I bear some of the blame for not paying close enough attention to all the numbers involved with the new comms, but there was a lot to take in with the patch, and the game should help you out a bit by not consuming these coins if it will net 0 comms.

Same thing for me.

Here is my stance, I have no issue with the overall cap. I think the weekly caps should be done away with. With an overall cap we cant horde them, we hit cap then we have to spend them. But I am already seeing people log on run some stuff hit cap and log to go play something else. I think this whole weekly cap thing isn't going to be serve this game well.

If the original intention was slowdown the gearing process why not make the quests reward less comms and bosses from 50s HM drop less comms? Creating a weekly cap wasn't the best design decision imo.

I have already 2 pending rewards from quests awaiting to be accepted but won't be until next week(if this is even possible, but o i'll bet on this since accepting now or losing then due to time pending won't change the fate of the rewards.) so i don't lose the comms cause of the weekly cap being reached already.

And i still have BH dailies to do......

No disrespect intended Amber but honestly, tell the powers that be if they want feedback on the comm cap issue then read the damn PTS on occasion! There were countless threads and feedback on this issue. Absolutely NOBODY thought this was a good idea...NOBODY. Even those that understood the idea was to slow progression down thought the cap was WAY to low. I challenge you or anyone else at bioware to go through the pts forum and dig me up a single response/reply that did not object to this.

To be perfectly honest, the team there virtually ignoring feedback on PTS then coming in later after the damage is done and acting like "gee guys, our bad we just didn't realize"...that **** is getting real old real fast...

Hi everyone,

On that note, this is an excellent opportunity to give you folks a heads up about a 2.0 Known Issue that we'll be adding to the list later this week: there's currently a bug that will cause an incorrect warning that you're nearing the weekly limit when you're nowhere near it. Because of what I posted above, most of you won't see this until after the weekly reset. If you do, though, don't be alarmed! Check your Currency tab for the correct information, and please know that we plan to fix the warning indication with Patch 2.0.1.

I want to be sure you guys know that we are listening to you and taking your feedback on this topic into account, but it's still early in the implementation, and we're not able to see how the limits actually affect you yet. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for what you're saying with regards to weekly limits in coming weeks and after the bug fix above.

~Amber

I've posted elsewhere on this, but since you're following this thread - the 50 planetary commendations cap is ridiculous and if it's still in effect when my subscription runs out, I'm gone and I'm not coming back. Not a "ragequit", the extra steps involved in dealing with it make the game not fun. (Ditto the new requirement that you can't buy equipment above your level.)

IMO the classic commas are the old daily comms. They are really only good for getting gear for your companions. So why cap the classic comms at all at the current drop rate.. Players at that stage are trying to get elite amd ultimate gear. I have no problem with slowing down people from getting the higher gear. That makes a lot of sense. But cap on an almost useless comm is as pointless as getting fleet commas when you are maxed out with grade 7 components.