Why it is wrong to tie the advanced crew skills to the expansion

Vehoc

First of all I would like to say that I bought the expansion, not before 7th of january, so no early access.

At first DEVS told us that the new crew skills would not be part of the expansion but of 2.0 game update. That's fine with me. The fact that the materials could only be gathered on Makeb it's not a problem, there is the GTN, if I can learn the schems and if I can level up to 450. So first miscommunication (I call it lie, honestly). If I don't by Makeb I cannot craft endgame stuff, even if I'm a subscriber. Not fair, imo.

But BW wasn't satisfied with only this. They decide to lock the new crafting for early access. Doing that they are giving an unfair advantage to all crafters in early access. The new stuff will be on high demand for the first couple of weeks or so, preventing a lot of players to access it is the same as making alfa players and normal players. You paid money in january? You are cool, we will unlock the expansion 5 days earlier (correct, stated in advertising) and we are igving you access to the new crafting tier exclusively, probably because we didn't tought about the early access when we coded the system. Impressive job... Looking at this communication/technical masterpiece in conjuction with the impressive update about PvP reminds me something I tought the game industry should have learn years ago. Don't give us New Game Experience if you aren't asked. Ask Smedley about it.

I agree with you. I understood I wouldn't have access to Makeb and leveling to 55. No biggie. It would be nice it they offered it to all considering all the growing pains we've had since game release. But they didn't so no biggie.

But to lock crafting to only people who pre-ordered is non sense. This should have been released as part of the 2.0 update and not RoTHC.

Why would you want to craft end game gear if you don't have DLC? You can't level to lv 55 without DLC anyway.

Unless you want to reverse engineer other people crafted item and make money on GTN which might the reason why advance crew skill is tied with DLC as bioware probably haven't fix the loophole yet.

Why would you want to craft end game gear if you don't have DLC? You can't level to lv 55 without DLC anyway.

Unless you want to reverse engineer other people crafted item and make money on GTN which might the reason why advance crew skill is tied with DLC as bioware probably haven't fix the loophole yet.

It would help with end game economics. But it all depends on the % of people who got the expansionl

I agree with you. I understood I wouldn't have access to Makeb and leveling to 55. No biggie. It would be nice it they offered it to all considering all the growing pains we've had since game release. But they didn't so no biggie.

But to lock crafting to only people who pre-ordered is non sense. This should have been released as part of the 2.0 update and not RoTHC.

Although I missed it, there was apparently a community manager post somewhere along the line that advanced crafting would be part of 2.0 and not Makeb. Right after the 9th there was a thread in the Customer Service section of the forum complaining about the reversal. My guess is that some light bulb at EA decided that if advanced crafting was moved to Makeb they coudl squeeze a few more players to buy the expansion and get more money out of the players. So the change was made and those who bought the expansion (but not in time for early access) were screwed.

As one person posted - no big deal. We (family - all subs) bought the expansion to late for early access so have to wait until the 14th to bring our crafting forward. We will catch up quickly.

EDIT - Although I have not crafted in he advanced mode yet, I am reading about many bugs and low drop rates etc. so although obviously some have benefited from the change to the expansion,, they seem to be paying as playing as beta testers. If the design is to slow down post 400 crafting, it seems to be working. So I am not sure how much (perhaps other than early frustration) is being lost. There are some people maing a killing selling post 400 items but I am not sure how many.

Edited by asbalana

That's been removed for the new end game armor. You can still do it for the BH/DG stuff.

Also, there are lots of reasons people would want to get to 450 on crew skills w/o ever setting foot on Makeb. Since crew skills and toon leveling are completely separate, you can have a level 11 sorc with 400 artifice ready to grind up to 450 and unable to actually go to the planet.

While I agree that from the Dev post by Eric M. it did appear that the crafting component would be included in 2.0. However it is actually common for crafting to be included with expansions instead of with the expansion update. Without the expansion you don't have a need for the crafting update, and you also don't have access to the nodes where we should be doing a good portion of our gathering. Yes, I understand that you can send your companions out to do gathering missions, but that should not be the majority of you gathering. Also Eric M. did post an apology for the confusion and stated that the crafting component is tied to the expansion.

First of all I would like to say that I bought the expansion, not before 7th of january, so no early access.

At first DEVS told us that the new crew skills would not be part of the expansion but of 2.0 game update. That's fine with me. The fact that the materials could only be gathered on Makeb it's not a problem, there is the GTN, if I can learn the schems and if I can level up to 450. So first miscommunication (I call it lie, honestly). If I don't by Makeb I cannot craft endgame stuff, even if I'm a subscriber. Not fair, imo.

But BW wasn't satisfied with only this. They decide to lock the new crafting for early access. Doing that they are giving an unfair advantage to all crafters in early access. The new stuff will be on high demand for the first couple of weeks or so, preventing a lot of players to access it is the same as making alfa players and normal players. You paid money in january? You are cool, we will unlock the expansion 5 days earlier (correct, stated in advertising) and we are igving you access to the new crafting tier exclusively, probably because we didn't tought about the early access when we coded the system. Impressive job... Looking at this communication/technical masterpiece in conjuction with the impressive update about PvP reminds me something I tought the game industry should have learn years ago. Don't give us New Game Experience if you aren't asked. Ask Smedley about it.

Early Access was clearly advertised when the option to buy came out.

If you didn't buy it in time (like me) then you have no reason to complain at all about people getting an advantage over you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.