** BOLSTER is working...

bodhisattvasw

I got to say, since the patch I have had the most amazing, challenging, and fun warzones ever!!!!

Seriously.. I am not that well geared for PVP, and was doing really well, shooting as I should shoot, the damage felt 'right', and I what was being done to me felt fair. Overall it flowed very well, was quicker but more pleasing. I actually think it is working as it should.

What I think the problem is - most people weren't used to fighting at maxed stats/gear, and now with the enhanced bolster they are experiencing the game as those of us in EWH have for a long time already. It feels strong, it feels fast, damage is high. But that's how it was for many people that knew how to mini-max, use stims, and have the right skills.

Overall I approve of this change, it's working as it should.

I got to say, since the patch I have had the most amazing, challenging, and fun warzones ever!!!!

Seriously.. I am not that well geared for PVP, and was doing really well, shooting as I should shoot, the damage felt 'right', and I what was being done to me felt fair. Overall it flowed very well, was quicker but more pleasing. I actually think it is working as it should.

What I think the problem is - most people weren't used to fighting at maxed stats/gear, and now with the enhanced bolster they are experiencing the game as those of us in EWH have for a long time already. It feels strong, it feels fast, damage is high. But that's how it was for many people that knew how to mini-max, use stims, and have the right skills.

Great! Now take off all of your clothes, equip the crappies gun you can find and watch your hits land for even more damage and your surviability go up even more!!!

I swear...is the OP the type of people that are playing this game now?! I mean really, with all that's been on this site and so many others, this is the thread that he just HAD to make?

No one said bolster wasn't working? in fact... I think EVERYONE is saying that it is working too well.

Although I'm finding it enjoyable bouncing around in my underpants, that shouldn't be the only viable way to PvP.

From what I have been reading and screenshots I have seen, it looks like Bolster just does not work with level 50 pvp gear. It does not properly scale your universal stats (str, end, power, crit, etc.) when you have the pvp stat expertise.

However, I have yet to see a screenshot where there is a major disparity for people going into warzones wearing PvE gear. Has anyone seen a statistically significant difference in the wrong direction when comparing good pve gear to bad or no pve gear?

Here, check this out:

Just tested with a lvl 32 lowbie in quest junk gear.

With gear:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/704154/Valor/lowbiebolster1.jpg

Without gear:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/704154/Valor/lowbiebolster2.jpg

This is not a statistically significant difference. It is an example of bolster making someone with terrible stats competitive with someone wearing average gear for their level.

Just because you're having fun does not mean it isn't broken. Currently you get better stats for having bad @level gear than for having good @level pvp gear. In a gear-based, grind-based game, I believe that is the definition of broken.

Just because you're having fun does not mean it isn't broken. Currently you get better stats for having bad @level gear than for having good @level pvp gear. In a gear-based, grind-based game, I believe that is the definition of broken.

Good summary, but it sounds like the best scenario is to have NO gear...which means it's even more broken.

Good summary, but it sounds like the best scenario is to have NO gear...which means it's even more broken.

Ive seen many ppl naked and it is not better...I have gear on my 44 comando and I have easily dominate those guys. I think that the problem is with the EWH gear. But who cares in a couple of days, all this will be over.

I am wearing Cartel suit with Tionese mods in it.

What I noticed is, if I remove my War Hero, my stats go up. Which I think is where the bug is. However I am still using war hero without feeling underpowered.

But I did see the 'average' damage in WZ's go up.. I thought I was doing well at 300,000dmg, but then I saw a whole bunch of toons doing 500,000dmg.. Hilarious. I guarantee they weren't war hero toons. If anything, the bug is the way it handles war hero gear.. Just taking off a War Hero relic bumps me up by 2500 hp. Which is pretty stupid.

Yep I can definitely testify that wh/ewh is seemingly worse than pve gear.

What is the real question is whether no gear is > pve gear. There seems to be a lot of disagreement, and Im stuck at work not being able to find out.

All numbers seem to be inflated too. But that is also because hps are all inflated so less deaths, more healing, more damage numbers.

PvP'd naked on a 38 Jedi shadow. As much as I love running around naked and getting all that attention, because you know, all Jedi should be naked when fighting Imperials. Killing fully geared pvpers while naked is the way the game should be played apparently.

Ive seen many ppl naked and it is not better...I have gear on my 44 comando and I have easily dominate those guys. I think that the problem is with the EWH gear. But who cares in a couple of days, all this will be over.

Well just tested running naked with a gun with no mods in it.

Clothed with bolster I have 20500 life and 53% pvp damage boost

Naked with bolster I have 23600 life and 59.31% pvp damage boost

The only thing that is lower is my armor rating.

For Christ's sake, guys. Please try to understand this:

There is no longer PvP gear in this game usable by levels other than lvl 55. The old WH/EWH wasn't deleted, that's right. But its functionality as viable PvP gear has been patched out of the game. Stop insisting on that it is still your good old PvP gear, cause it is not. Wearing it in a WZ is worse than being naked and that's intentional.

So let's all repeat together 100 times:

There is no PvP gear for levels below 55 and the old WH/EWH is no longer meaningful for PvP!

I will stop comparing myself in WH/EWHs to people in greens cause WH/EWHs has lost its purpose with 2.0.

There is no PvP gear for levels below 55 and the old WH/EWH is no longer meaningful for PvP!

I will stop comparing myself in WH/EWHs to people in greens cause WH/EWHs has lost its purpose with 2.0.

There is no PvP gear for levels below 55 ...

For Christ's sake, guys. Please try to understand this:

There is no longer PvP gear in this game usable by levels other than lvl 55. The old WH/EWH wasn't deleted, that's right. But its functionality as viable PvP gear has been patched out of the game. Stop insisting on that it is still your good old PvP gear, cause it is not. Wearing it in a WZ is worse than being naked and that's intentional.

So let's all repeat together 100 times:

There is no PvP gear for levels below 55 ...

Um most of us figured this out after our first wz pop last night.

This is entirely about whether it is better to play without some armor, without all armor or with pve armor.

At this point everyone agrees/understands that wh/ewh is sucking in pvp. The actual question (which no dev has answered) is about whether naked pvp is intentional.

I'm just as able to pvp naked as a 38 Jedi Shadow doing 300k damage which is on par or more than the 50 - 54's I'm playing with. Some gear should matter, or really maybe we should all just quest and do ops naked. Bolster for everything!

It undermines any reason to improve your character. You don't need to do FPs for comms, you don't need to quest because you can get xp in a wz, So this needs to be addressed and fixed. It's pretty lolzy right now, and needs way more work.

Personally I think they should have just tacked on a 50 - 54 bracket and left 10 - 49 the way it was.

Edited by Seihaldrie
missed words