PvP Server Records 2.0

Grexys

From a humor standpoint... Would it be considered epeenish or evil for people to post screenshots on how many times they've caused Nillard to rage quit? Caused Nillard deaths and won games against him?... Not that anyone would do such a thing. >.> Because after all, who doesn't like Nillard?

http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1373093653_nillgissragequit.jpg

Only took 4 deaths that game...

*Whistles innocently :D

Edited by Bastrus
Found a screenshot!

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Averth said ^

Look at the screenshots in the list. Many of them are premades against PUGs. I mean seriously, how hard is it to rattle off a ton of damage and heals against teams 1/10th your skill level? As for the ones that are losses, who really gives a crap about a million in damage when you lose? Personally, I'll take a match where everyone works together to play the objectives and win versus some scoreboard hero clamoring for numbers and trying to get his screenshot posted here.

Thats what SWTOR PvP is yes?

Objective based PvP. SWTOR PvP is not a CoD team deathmatch.

It's not always about most DPS ot biggest hit or number of medals. it's about teamwork and working together.

I have personally been in matches where my team had terrible DPS numbers, but you know what? We smeared the other team with objectives and won. Winning by guile and smarts often trumps brute force.

Take Ancient Hypergate. I can't count the number of times we have been getting our asses smeared in the Middle, yet somehow one of our stealthers ninja cap the other teams node with 7 seconds left to help win the game.

I laugh at people who make fun of my 300K in DPS yet don't realize my 1500 objective points helped us win the match.

It's not always about smearing the other team.

Edited by Ceasaigh

I've also been in more warzones I can count where my team lost in part because one or two people are trying their best to drive their dps numbers higher instead of paying any attention whatsoever to the objectives.

From a humor standpoint... Would it be considered epeenish or evil for people to post screenshots on how many times they've caused Nillard to rage quit? Caused Nillard deaths and won games against him?... Not that anyone would do such a thing. >.> Because after all, who doesn't like Nillard?

I fully support this! But then he might come in here and call me lowbar and hurt my feelings... :(

Could we make an official sport out of this? :rak_02:

But if you are planning to keep the same format, I would recommend accepting screenshots from wins only. Even that would not be ideal, but a better solution nevertheless.

And do not call it a records thread if you skip embarassing categories such as "Deaths" while including "Damage Taken" or "Killing Blows", which are actually way harder to find on the scorecard. Those "records" are not valid unless every player is interested in sharing theirs in public anyway. Call it a leaderboard, or an e-peen yardstick.

I like these suggestions. Can we dialogue on new rules, perhaps? Wins only is good, and probably should have been a rule to start with (seeing as this is an RP server where we care about objectives xP ). Definitely into categories for everything, not just the big numbers. Most deaths in a winning match could become a new comedy routine, lol.

As for sorting out bad entries. Is there any other restrictions we could use that would still keep it fair? For example, in addition to winning, maybe a minimum Objective Points earned, or minimum medals earned? Maybe an either/or?

We could also add in an honorable mentions section for, well, honorable mentions in hilarity or whatever other awesomeness.

I like these suggestions. Can we dialogue on new rules, perhaps? Wins only is good, and probably should have been a rule to start with (seeing as this is an RP server where we care about objectives xP ). Definitely into categories for everything, not just the big numbers. Most deaths in a winning match could become a new comedy routine, lol.

As for sorting out bad entries. Is there any other restrictions we could use that would still keep it fair? For example, in addition to winning, maybe a minimum Objective Points earned, or minimum medals earned? Maybe an either/or?

We could also add in an honorable mentions section for, well, honorable mentions in hilarity or whatever other awesomeness.

A high damage game on a Mara can only produce 7 or 8 medals if the other team is just not dieing. That is not his fault but a bad match, also depending on the map he would get no objective points for it. You can't put those restrictions on it.

A high damage game on a Mara can only produce 7 or 8 medals if the other team is just not dieing. That is not his fault but a bad match, also depending on the map he would get no objective points for it. You can't put those restrictions on it.

I looked through all of the current records posted last night before making the suggestion (and to emphasize, it is just a suggestion still. I'm open to other suggestions, but I'd like a reason other than "Nah, I don't like it." :3 ). Only about a quarter (if that) of the winning matches posted wouldn't meet a restriction of 4500 Objective Points OR 8 medals.

I fully understand that occasionally there's a wonky choke with objective points where nobody seems to be able to earn them, especially during stalemate matches where the game doesn't pick up on attacker points. That's why I suggested an Honorable Mentions category, just for that sort of thing (well, and for lulz like negative healing xD ). We could expand the idea to honorable mentions for each category, if you're so worried about sent/maras and sniper/slingers.

4500 or 5000 objective points and/or 8 medals is really not that restrictive when it comes down to it. I think it's an acceptable change to something that doesn't mean everything in the first place, especially if we call it a Leaderboard instead of a Records thread, as per Averth's suggestion. Since we don't have a huuuuge Ranked pool (and thus, no abundance of screenshots from ranked matches), Leaderboard seems more fitting as a title.

For the time being at least. If Ranked explodes and gets to be huuuge, I'm open to reconsider, or split the thread. Leaderboards for non-ranked, Records for ranked only or sumfin.

Edited by Aikiyc

I looked through all of the current records posted last night before making the suggestion (and to emphasize, it is just a suggestion still. I'm open to other suggestions, but I'd like a reason other than "Nah, I don't like it." :3 ). Only about a quarter (if that) of the winning matches posted wouldn't meet a restriction of 4500 Objective Points OR 8 medals.

I fully understand that occasionally there's a wonky choke with objective points where nobody seems to be able to earn them, especially during stalemate matches where the game doesn't pick up on attacker points. That's why I suggested an Honorable Mentions category, just for that sort of thing (well, and for lulz like negative healing xD ). We could expand the idea to honorable mentions for each category, if you're so worried about sent/maras and sniper/slingers.

4500 or 5000 objective points and/or 8 medals is really not that restrictive when it comes down to it. I think it's an acceptable change to something that doesn't mean everything in the first place, especially if we call it a Leaderboard instead of a Records thread, as per Averth's suggestion. Since we don't have a huuuuge Ranked pool (and thus, no abundance of screenshots from ranked matches), Leaderboard seems more fitting as a title.

Having an objective points requirement around 4500 or 5000 would ensure you would never get a record in a Hypergate. Only way you ever get higher numbers is in a stalemate match at mid or at a pylon. :(

Having an objective points requirement around 4500 or 5000 would ensure you would never get a record in a Hypergate. Only way you ever get higher numbers is in a stalemate match at mid or at a pylon. :(

Hence the OR 8 medals. Or however many medals we all agree on. Could be 6. I don't think any lower than ... well probably 6, maybe 5, would be reasonable. Without coffee in my brain yet ( x_x ) I think someone guarding a node gets 6 medals if they do nothing else and don't see combat? But if you're getting on the leaderboard, you're out and about anyways.

Looking through all the Hypergate records, very very few of the people on the winning team did not reach 8 medals. Those that didn't made either 7 or 6.

Edited by Aikiyc

Hence the OR 8 medals. Or however many medals we all agree on. Could be 6. I don't think any lower than ... well probably 6, maybe 5, would be reasonable. Without coffee in my brain yet ( x_x ) I think someone guarding a node gets 6 medals if they do nothing else and don't see combat? But if you're getting on the leaderboard, you're out and about anyways.

Looking through all the Hypergate records, very very few of the people on the winning team did not reach 8 medals. Those that didn't made either 7 or 6.

There are six defender medals total, up to 15k, the 15k one being impossible to get unless you see some combat. I'm thinking seven would be reasonable. Assuming you're fighting on a node, you should get several attacker/defender medals, say up to the 5k, then 90k Damage/Healing, 360k Damage/Healing, and then the Demolisher/Savior medal for a 3k heal or damage move. You can also get the 6k Heal/Damage medal as well.

That makes up for a total of seven medals, and those are the medals you could assuming nothing is dying. If the other team is dying, then you're just getting more than the required seven.

My two cents, hope it helps get this going again. :D

Highest kill total (got three in this screen shot, however two are tough to see.)

Teer'aa

Merc?

guild - unknown

kills - 89

Tasmen

Sorc

Proper villains

Kills - 76

Dantrag

Sniper

Proper Villains

Kills - 76

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o762/galihad1975/Screenshot_2013-07-21_15_36_01_607292_zps6e2702e0.jpg

Highest total killing blows

Dantrag

Sniper

Proper Villains

Killing blows - 30

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o762/galihad1975/Screenshot_2013-07-21_15_36_01_607292_zps6e2702e0.jpg

There are six defender medals total, up to 15k, the 15k one being impossible to get unless you see some combat. I'm thinking seven would be reasonable. Assuming you're fighting on a node, you should get several attacker/defender medals, say up to the 5k, then 90k Damage/Healing, 360k Damage/Healing, and then the Demolisher/Savior medal for a 3k heal or damage move. You can also get the 6k Heal/Damage medal as well.

That makes up for a total of seven medals, and those are the medals you could assuming nothing is dying. If the other team is dying, then you're just getting more than the required seven.

My two cents, hope it helps get this going again. :D

That sounds reasonable.