Custom Color Option on Armor

Vonim

I would like to see a custom color option for armor , as I think many players would like to see as well .

1. Allow us to Change a Primary and Secondary color options for armor Variations .

2. Maybe sell a kit on the cartel market to enable this and grant you guys cash at the same time .

3. Add as maybe a Legacy Perk or cred sink.

I feel this adds a bit more Flavor to the game. If this has already suggested , sorry .

:sy_armor:

This would be great!! and add even more great options to look how you want to look, everyone wants to look there way, the way they like. And this would bring more fun in getting and trying out new armor.

QUOTE=Vonim;6116576]I would like to see a custom color option for armor , as I think many players would like to see as well .

1. Allow us to Change a Primary and Secondary color options for armor Variations .

2. Maybe sell a kit on the cartel market to enable this and grant you guys cash at the same time .

3. Add as maybe a Legacy Perk or cred sink.

I feel this adds a bit more Flavor to the game. If this has already suggested , sorry .

:sy_armor:

I would like to see this as well. Customization of your character should be one of the primary quality of life issues in any game. While I like some of the armor styles in the game, often the color for that armor is unfortunately poor. An example of this would be the genteel dress recently acquired from the cartel packs. Its a nice shape, but the color (especially that vomit yellow color) are terrible.

OP as much as I would dearly love to see this in game I doubt it will. As long as players keep throwin money at them every time they offer a re-skinned version of an in game armor on the Market it simply won't be profitable for them to do anything else.

OP as much as I would dearly love to see this in game I doubt it will. As long as players keep throwin money at them every time they offer a re-skinned version of an in game armor on the Market it simply won't be profitable for them to do anything else.

Is exactly why I am pushing for this to happen . Turn the customization into some kind of micro transaction or whatever they want to call it . I'm sick of seeing reskinned armor period . They are making money hand over fist with the cartel market and I feel they have made their share . They can at least throw us this much of a bone .

Its time to give back to the player !

SUPER HUMONGOUS BUMP! SHORYUKEN EVEN!

This needs to happen and I have a super-terrific reason for it. For some dumb reason, I was looking for an adaptive head slot item for my marauder I was leveling during double XP weekends. I found someone selling this totally radical sand-people helm, and I bought it. NOT because it was a Tuskan raiders. NOT because it was rare and I had never seen it before. BUT because when I tried it on, it turned from crappy brown to BLACK. TO MATCH MY COOL ROBES YO. If the dumb stupid helmet had been brown I probably would have been like Meh I'll go buy a Trailblazer's Helm and show off my goggles. But no, the black sand-people helm makes my toon look unique and bad-***** so please allow us to make this stuff a color that doesn't look like we farm Nerf poop for a living.

How about this angle on customizing your gear appearance: Let's say you're not happy with the color and/or look of your Jedi's current armor/robes. (I know. When does THAT ever happen?! :rolleyes: ) What if a 400-450 synthweaver could buy a customize gear function (Legacy Character perk, cost reduced if Legacy has Master Craftsman achievement), which can be pulled up at any modification bench (including one on your ship).

The craftsman groups with you "the customer." You place a piece of gear that's covered by the craftsman's crafting skill on the bench, granting YOU access to a range of possible customizations to color, appearance, detailing, etc. (Yes friends, you could make the racing spoilers on your shoulders EVEN BIGGER! :p ) Once you're happy with the appearance you lay down some required materials and any credit tips and click Trade. The Craftsman, assuming they're happy with the materials/tips, clicks trade as well and voila, you've got a whole new look to your gear!

The same thing could be done with Armormech, Armstech and Artifice. More custom looks and more relevance to fairly marginalized crafting skills. Only downside - it competes with new looks from the Cartel Market. :(

(Disclaimer: All Republic looks would still have to be hood up. All Imperial looks would have to be hood down. And of course, adding a hood up/down toggle would to gear would make the game servers implode. :D )

Edited by Lanja