"Insufficient Skill Level" *** BW? Atifice new color cryst RE

Magnusheart

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an update on this, we have identified the cause of the bug and will be fixing it as a high priority. In the meantime, we ask that players do not Reverse Engineer Black-Blue, Black-Red, Cyan, and Purple color crystals.

Please note that while Customer Support will be able to re-grant you the color crystal, we are unable to grant schematics that are granted by Reverse Engineering.

We want to ensure that we do proper testing, so I don't have an actual time frame for when this will be fixed, but once we know, I'll post again for you.

I'm sorry if I come across as a rabble-rouser, but if the only solution is to refund the 1 crystal that produced the schem and not all the others necessary to get to that success, that's beyond stupid. We gambled with items that are extremely difficult to acquire now on the assumption that the game was not broken, that when it says we met criteria and that we had 20% chance to learn the schematic, that it was not lying to us to destroy our rare items, that it was not a typo that should have said "destroy this, with a 20% chance to get an error message!" I never go off on anything in the game, but my guildmates and I worked very hard to acquire these, and I don't want to see all that hard work, all those hours we spent acquiring them, thrown away because someone at BW made a mistake. That's just unacceptable. This situation is an inconvenience; that happens and I'm fine with being patient. But if we're left with nothing to show for it, that's not an inconvenience, that's a betrayal of trust.

As an update on this, we have identified the cause of the bug and will be fixing it as a high priority. In the meantime, we ask that players do not Reverse Engineer Black-Blue, Black-Red, Cyan, and Purple color crystals.

Please note that while Customer Support will be able to re-grant you the color crystal, we are unable to grant schematics that are granted by Reverse Engineering.

We want to ensure that we do proper testing, so I don't have an actual time frame for when this will be fixed, but once we know, I'll post again for you.

I hope you are going to grant all of the crystals we lost while trying to RE these. I lost 6 total black-red crystals before I should have learned it.

I just got a ticket answered in-game saying mine are being restored.

Now I just need to hope the next patch gets these snuck in. :<

p.s. on a related note to crafting/gear issues. the new orange moddable medium armor sith sith helmet no long works with hoods like in the PTS like they used too.

Bug also applies to Kalligs countenance not working anymore with hoods after the last PTS 2.0 patch.

p.p.s. on an offtopic note to gear issues, Revans set is still bugged with double hoods, light gray chestplate and brown lower legs, considering its a Cartel Market hotspot of popularity it would be fixed. D=.

Thank you. I have already sent my ticket away. :)

Question to others: can you still get a schem with 450 artifice? I got schems on pts with 450

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

damn i didnt know this and have re my purple eviscerating crystal hope they retun

Thank you. I have already sent my ticket away. :)

Question to others: can you still get a schem with 450 artifice? I got schems on pts with 450

If you send in a ticket they will send you replacements. I just got 6 of my Crystals back 4 hours after creating my ticket.

We want to ensure that we do proper testing...
Obviously. The plethora of bugs that have been present since Beta but haven't been fixed, the constant need for emergency patches, population-light closed invitation-only testing of the most important content with no real feedback attention given to public testing (unless it's PvP whining), and simple bugs like this prove that you guys do one hell of a bang-up job with your internal testing.

All it took was ONE of the the developers going into a patched server and clicking on a crystal to reverse engineer and they would have seen this bug. One.

Edited by Octom

I had lost over 10 Purple Hawkeye Crystals due to this bug, but fortunately CSR has refunded them. I can confirm the schematic popped at least once, but I believe it should have popped twice. (Common, I did 10 crystals). I, myself would like something to show for it. I'd gladly give the 10 crystals back for the schematic in my Artifice Crew Skill. I know I have an excellent chance of getting it again with 10 crystals but there are a lot of posters who got very lucky and the odds of that lucky returning are slim.

I'd gladly trade those crystals for 1 that would give me a 100% chance. Eitherway, I'm hoping that next weeks' Tuesday patch will fix this error. This was one of the things I was looking forward to in 2.0

No the customer support are not re-granting colourcrystals. I reversed four purple crystals and did not get them back when I asked. They claimed there is no bug..... :sul_tongue:

Edited by Icestar

This thread just illustrates one of the many things wrong with customer support. Many people have gotten their crystals back (some in as little as four hours) yet my ticket has now been sitting open for 48+ hours without any word from CS. Someone even said CS got back to them and refused to refund their crystals because there was no bug. What am I supposed to do now? Wait for my ticket to be answered? Open another ticket and reference this thread?

This thread just illustrates one of the many things wrong with customer support. Many people have gotten their crystals back (some in as little as four hours) yet my ticket has now been sitting open for 48+ hours without any word from CS. Someone even said CS got back to them and refused to refund their crystals because there was no bug. What am I supposed to do now? Wait for my ticket to be answered? Open another ticket and reference this thread?

I'm only guessing but did you submit the ticket as a bug report?

If I remember correctly the ingame text for a bug report specifically says you wont get a response but that the information will be passed to the relevant people to fix.

If you want to get your crystals back you will need to raise a ticket but use the Item option in the drop down menu for your ticket. a CSR should then get back to you and sort you out. Atleast thats whats happened for me,

Can only help to reference this thread and AmberGreen's message.

It seems like some are getting refunded and some are not.

Amber Green says that we are to be refunded but the customer support claims there is no bug.

I have played since launch and never had any problems with this game or their customer support, until now.....

I hope they get back to us with a reply

It seems like some are getting refunded and some are not.

Amber Green says that we are to be refunded but the customer support claims there is no bug.

I have played since launch and never had any problems with this game or their customer support, until now.....

I hope they get back to us with a reply

I would resubmit another ticket, referencing the previous ticket, and this thread. I got my two purple crystal back that I RE'd, and the CS rep pretty much reiterated exactly what Amber Green said.

On another note, can anyone confirm that the schematic is available if you RE at 450?

I would resubmit another ticket, referencing the previous ticket, and this thread. I got my two purple crystal back that I RE'd, and the CS rep pretty much reiterated exactly what Amber Green said.

On another note, can anyone confirm that the schematic is available if you RE at 450?

They wrote this to me when I contacted them on the customer support forum :

Hi Icestar,

Sorry for not responding previously. The intial response was in error and you should have another one in-game now.

I have my crystals back and they have restored my respect for them.