Patch download going to slow for you?

MasterDesan

this is frustrating I see the speed of downloading spiking from low 30kbs to 100 and 180kbs per second it has to be on biowares end not my connection

Exactly the same for me. I can normally sustain ~400kbs

Right now, it seems to average ~56kbs, this takes me back to the '90's... ahhh good old days... WAIT *** AM I SAYING?! This is horrible. =(

how are you doing it with a dl manager?

you can grab the links to the files by looking at the logs in log folder, from there its just a matter of downloading the files and putting them into the folder the launcher creates for them.

You can't really say it's on BW/EA's end -- if some of us are getting 4+ mbps, obviously their server isn't the issue.

And you really have no right to fault BW/EA for the crappy infrastructure of the internet EVERYWHERE in the world. Even in the US -- if you're connecting to a server across the country, you're screwed by the ancient AT&T infrastructure in the central states.

Have people tried toggling P2P? Also, unless this is the first time you've gotten crappy speeds from the SWTOR downloads, your ISP could easily be throttling the download.

you can grab the links to the files by looking at the logs in log folder, from there its just a matter of downloading the files and putting them into the folder the launcher creates for them.

Thank you for the tips. I use a 3rd party server to download the link I found in the log file. And then redownload from the 3rd party server at 400kb/s :D

• 5 months later...

Slow downloading here too. Months ago, my download speeds were fine. However, they've taken a turn for the worse.

Tried all the fixes: downloading in windows safe mod, changing P2P settings, pausing/restarting download, adding exceptions to firewalls.

Still slow!

Slow downloading here too. Months ago, my download speeds were fine. However, they've taken a turn for the worse.

Tried all the fixes: downloading in windows safe mod, changing P2P settings, pausing/restarting download, adding exceptions to firewalls.

Still slow!

This was for a different patch six months ago. But, in light of it being on topic, which update are you talking about? The one from three days ago, or is there a new one?

Still slow!

How about hard resetting router, DNS flush? do a trace route and see if the patch is being blocked, and contact your isp.

Heck.... I have been away for two months and now this update is taking forever... I mean at the current update speed it is going to take several hours, if not days to complete.

Speedtest net is not showing any issues at my end and my downloads are not throttled by my ISP.. Other downloads are fine, just not TOR at this moment in time.. :( Hope it resolves itself soon.

Have fun out there...

Edited by Endek

Well, I am pleased to say that my download completed sometime yesterday afternoon / evening :)

Not at all sure how long it took, but it wasn't days as I had dreaded, but much longer than I had time available to play so I am now hoping I can get a little online time before the next big patch.

Have fun out there.

Heck.... I have been away for two months and now this update is taking forever... I mean at the current update speed it is going to take several hours, if not days to complete.

Speedtest net is not showing any issues at my end and my downloads are not throttled by my ISP.. Other downloads are fine, just not TOR at this moment in time.. :( Hope it resolves itself soon.

Have fun out there...

DO NOT USE SPEEDTEST.NET

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/ Is far better and accurate, and provides details.

Even then, your supposed "speed" has little to do with things such as packet loss, connectivity issues, and the like. Look at it this way, if it really were just Biowares servers/launcher, then everyone would have problems.

• 2 years later...
started download yesterday 9:00 pm pacific time 6:45 today still not done at 90.22% and speed shows 512kb/s how big is this patch?:mad:

Pretty big it seems. Been awake since about 10:30 p.m. (It's 6:03 in the morning).