Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How were there 55's minutes after servers went up?

Dawginole

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just facepalm at this exploit..

The levelling experience of this game has been critically acclaimed to be the single best levelling experience in any MMO out there. So, a new chance to level comes and what do some fools do? Use an exploit to skip it!

Fools I say, let them have their 'lol i was smartz' moment. I'll just do things in my own pace.

Also, people getting upset over this; why? In what way are they removing your own enjoyment of the new content? Heck, be happy these people exist. At least they arent killing your quest mobs!

It's a handful of people on each server. It doesn't impact anyone else. If it's an exploit BW will intervene. If it isn't then they won't. Those who are lvl 55 right now are 10-12 hours ahead of me as I plan on hitting 55 tonight. Not a problem imo. Leave them be.

Also, people getting upset over this; why? In what way are they removing your own enjoyment of the new content? Heck, be happy these people exist. At least they arent killing your quest mobs!

Personally, I'm not having a huge problem with it, but I can see how it would be a problem in PvP as these people would have a very clear advantage over everyone else so quickly. Some could view it to be a bit unfair.

Well, if you go over to the CS forum this actually gets funny.

There are people there crying that they have 184 missions to turn in but can't do it. :D

And also saying how it worked for other people who are already 55!

Seems like the little exploit backfired in some cases.

There are people there with more legit complaints, being stuck with 5 or so I can sort of understand...

What is less funny is waiting to see how they handle this.

If they don't treat this as an exploit either and just patch it and pretend it never happened they lose a lot of credibility.

It's like saying - go ahead, exploit all you like we won't care or punish you. Ilum was bad enough.

Personally, I'm not having a huge problem with it, but I can see how it would be a problem in PvP as these people would have a very clear advantage over everyone else so quickly. Some could view it to be a bit unfair.

They'll be all alone in their 55 bracket for a week or so.

It's a handful of people on each server. It doesn't impact anyone else. If it's an exploit BW will intervene. If it isn't then they won't. Those who are lvl 55 right now are 10-12 hours ahead of me as I plan on hitting 55 tonight. Not a problem imo. Leave them be.

It is obviously unintended game behaviour. You can not be so dense as to not see it. The people who used this exploit know very well it is not intended game behaviour. Under the terms of the EULA, it is simple not allowed in the game.

There are many possible unintended consequences of letting this happen. Server economy, open world PvP, guild progression and so on. Oh, and let us not forget the people who will be on the boards in a very short whining about a lack of content, many of whom no doubt took advantage of this exploit.

It is obviously unintended game behaviour. You can not be so dense as to not see it. The people who used this exploit know very well it is not intended game behaviour. Under the terms of the EULA, it is simple not allowed in the game.

There are many possible unintended consequences of letting this happen. Server economy, open world PvP, guild progression and so on. Oh, and let us not forget the people who will be on the boards in a very short whining about a lack of content, many of whom no doubt took advantage of this exploit.

Personally I have no reason to do such thing, but can u explain that part abou that being not allowed?

Isn't that their thing? How they playing. If they are in hurry to be lvl55 so quick as possible, be my guest. I will enjoy lvling in classic way because there is no need to hurry. Next level cap raise will be here in ... well, another year maybe :p

Personally I have no reason to do such thing, but can u explain that part abou that being not allowed?

Taking advantage of game exploits or unintended game behaviour is expressly prohibited by the EULA you agree to when you install the game.

On the one hand I feel like theyre robbing themselves of an experience and its up to them how to spend their time. If they wanna rush through Makeb and get World/Server Firsts then let them, it means that every time someone says it you'll have a nice answer ready "You could only do it with an exploit, GG!"

On the other hand like some people said it IS somewhat of a bug/exploit and those should be reported and NOT be taken advantage of. Hence the rules should be applied

Taking advantage of game exploits or unintended game behaviour is expressly prohibited by the EULA you agree to when you install the game.

That may be true but that rule is not applicable without proof of a person being aware of something being "game exploits or unintended game behaviour". Such proof of course cannot exist since there is no official statement on this afaik.

Any rules must be interpreted by facts, not feelings. Otherwise people bound by them would be in significant disadvantage.

Edited by zzoorrzz

Meh. I could care less really, as I will be taking full advantage of this new content and digging into EVERY SINGLE NEW QUEST/OP/FP/CRAFTING/YOU NAME IT. My game experience will not be cheapened in the least.

That may be true but that rule is not applicable without proof of a person being aware of something being "game exploits or unintended game behaviour". Such proof of course cannot exist since there is no official statement on this afaik.

Any rules must be interpreted by facts, not feelings. Otherwise people bound by them would be in significant disadvantage.

What are you talking about?

It is not up to players to interrupt any rules at all. If you see behaviour that you think you may be an exploit, hack, or a cheat, you should report it. If you don't, then are contributing to the problem that results in hacks being used in PvP, bots being used to credit farm and so on.

Also, you can not honestly believe that Bioware intended for people to be able to level up to max level in less than an hour after content was released.

Ignorance of the rules is never an excuse for violation. If you are going to do anything that you even have an inkling might be considered an exploit, chances are it is, and one deserves what ever punishment they get.

Edited by Stryges

This thread remember me the same issue in WoW when ppl reach max lv in the first week.

Nothing to do about this, power-leveling its normal in every game.

It wasn't about power leveling. It is about exploiting the quest system to save up a clearly unintended amount of experience to circumvent the leveling process.

In RL idiocy doesnt prevent from punishment.

I just facepalm at this exploit..

The levelling experience of this game has been critically acclaimed to be the single best levelling experience in any MMO out there. So, a new chance to level comes and what do some fools do? Use an exploit to skip it!

Fools I say, let them have their 'lol i was smartz' moment. I'll just do things in my own pace.

There is nothing stopping them from enjoying it. They simply wanted to be level 55, more than likely so that they can do the Flashpoints / Ops or learn to use their skills at the highest level. The missions remain there, the story remains there they are just a different level.

And just to note, I have neither done it nor know anyone who has done it. I just returned last weekend and have been playing a new character. I am just a veteran MMO player who has seen this time and time again. There is nothing different here and it will have no impact on other players.

Edited by Truami

The way these things go is the customer service staff looks at how the exploit is done, and they say to themselves, "Could a reasonable person do this without knowing they were being sneaky?" If the answer is no, banhammer.

For example. People using the Ilum Gree event bolster to powerlevel on a double XP weekend. Clever, unforeseen, unintended, but the people doing it didn't have to do anything particularly sneaky.

People doing something that allowed them to take low level characters to chests on Ilum and open them with no risk -- how they did this was never released, but it was stated that there was no way a player could have taken the needed steps without knowing they were cheating.

I don't know how people did this mission stacking exploit, but I'm sure it involved some UI sleight of hand. You know the pending cap is 5, and you did something very specific to circumvent it. Banhammer.

If you think that's unfair, well, you're not being honest with yourself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.