2.0 Guide: Guardian DPS for PvE Raiding

Mattmonkey

Thx for the 2.0 guide man. I will aim the rauder 2 pieces set bonus then, which seems to be much better than our 4 pieces. 20% buffed crit seems insufficient to me; I will aim about 26-27 melee buffed crit I think, which allow about 33% crit on dispatch with swift slash. I'm at 26,12% right now.

I hit the training dummy for 5min and did 2376. 2320 for 8min. I have our 2 pieces set bonus but not the rauder 2 pieces set bonus yet, 1 token remaining! :p

For the relics, i think im gonna take the one which has 30% chances to give 550 power for 6s every 20s (550*0,3+32=197). For the second one I hesite between the conqueror relic which has 30% chances to give 435 power for 6s every 20s (435*0,3+20=150,5) and the ones which gives +425 power for 30s every 2min (425/4+32=138,25). According to the maths the conqueror is better but the activable one allow us to decide burst phase and I remember what you've told about the proc one, which is not worth it whens procs during focus re-build. I dont have any 55 relics at the time so let's see...

Edited by holmeskywalkr

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gather strength and Defiance are best for PvP but lower DPS for raiding than Insight and Swift Slash - Insight and Swift Slash also win because they are constant every fight not condition dependent.

Gather strength and Defiance are best for PvP but lower DPS for raiding than Insight and Swift Slash - Insight and Swift Slash also win because they are constant every fight not condition dependent.

to each his own I haven't had any issues on ops or hard modes and i like the extra survivability that my points in defense grant. But you are correct that i pvp alot lol

to each his own I haven't had any issues on ops or hard modes and i like the extra survivability that my points in defense grant. But you are correct that i pvp alot lol

yea a top build for PvP. i tried the armour skill for a bit and you are noticbly tuffer in raids i found. i jut like to go for top dps :)

I know that vigilance guardians and their mirror have been greatly improved skill wise, I just wish we could do even more damage like combat sentinels and mirror. I am basically fully geared in black market and mostly min-maxed. My strength is 2896 w/o a stim. Bonus damage is around 715 if I remember correctly, and all my gear is augmented with blues, currently working on purples. My hilt is all I need left to get full black market/arkanian. Now since I got the 2piece sentinel bonus to increase master strike's damage, the damage ranges from around 7.7k-8.2k. When my power relics proc, the damage skyrockets! In essence, a guardian's master strike is a lot better than a sentinel because of the defense talent and the sentinel 2piece bonus.

After all this, I feel like my guild leader, who I have known for a few years prior to joining his guild, will only allow combat sentinels to be the only melee DPS. I can see why he would chose sentinels because of inspiration which is a big factor in raiding. I can understand that completely. He just doesn't see how vigilance is a good spec in general. The only reason I have been able to raid so far I believe is due to me being fully geared while others are still getting stuff. I believe I will be neglected from raiding in the future. I'm also working on a gunslinger, but playing vigilance feels rewarding. I don't see any points I can give him to allow me to keep raiding on my guardian, and I don't think the "off-off tank" point could work because there are others who don't agree with that. We also have a combat sentinel who is basically just as geared as I am, but he has about 200 less strength than me, partly because of preserverance.

I know that vigilance guardians and their mirror have been greatly improved skill wise, I just wish we could do even more damage like combat sentinels and mirror. I am basically fully geared in black market and mostly min-maxed. My strength is 2896 w/o a stim. Bonus damage is around 715 if I remember correctly, and all my gear is augmented with blues, currently working on purples. My hilt is all I need left to get full black market/arkanian. Now since I got the 2piece sentinel bonus to increase master strike's damage, the damage ranges from around 7.7k-8.2k. When my power relics proc, the damage skyrockets! In essence, a guardian's master strike is a lot better than a sentinel because of the defense talent and the sentinel 2piece bonus.

After all this, I feel like my guild leader, who I have known for a few years prior to joining his guild, will only allow combat sentinels to be the only melee DPS. I can see why he would chose sentinels because of inspiration which is a big factor in raiding. I can understand that completely. He just doesn't see how vigilance is a good spec in general. The only reason I have been able to raid so far I believe is due to me being fully geared while others are still getting stuff. I believe I will be neglected from raiding in the future. I'm also working on a gunslinger, but playing vigilance feels rewarding. I don't see any points I can give him to allow me to keep raiding on my guardian, and I don't think the "off-off tank" point could work because there are others who don't agree with that. We also have a combat sentinel who is basically just as geared as I am, but he has about 200 less strength than me, partly because of preserverance.

Dude get a new guild then, seriously if that's how he is and that's how he is going to treat you, you don't need to be in that guild then. There are a lot of close minded fools in the MMO scene who feel the trinity is the only way to go and only specific toons fit into the trinity roles. Man I have two sages in my guild that out DPS sents and mara's all the time, hell my VIgi guardian matches if not out performs a lot of sent's and mara's out there while still being able to tank if need be. You'll be fine man, if the guy tosses you out of raids like I said get a new guild or make your own, don't let anyone tell you how to play your toons or toss you to the side simply cause you are playing the game how you want.

Edited by Kaorunandrak

my guild leader, who I have known for a few years prior to joining his guild, will only allow combat sentinels to be the only melee DPS. I can see why he would chose sentinels because of inspiration which is a big factor in raiding. I can understand that completely. He just doesn't see how vigilance is a good spec in general. The only reason I have been able to raid so far I believe is due to me being fully geared while others are still getting stuff. I believe I will be neglected from raiding in the future. .

Presumably you run MOX and you are coming top so you are allowed to raid? It seems like you imagine your guild leader thinks you will not come top once the sentinal is as geared as you and you will lose your spot?

It is true our cool downs are not as good as sentinals trancendence and inspiration are prolly top utility in game. On the other hand there were vigi guardians in the last expansion that where running NiM EC and regularly placing 2nd on DPS charts while raiding (and thats when our DPS was supposed to be crap). - but all that said if your a good player i dont think you need to worry.

Edited by Mattmonkey

My guild leader has said in the past he would only allow sentinels but I have been able to get in for DPS recently due to gear. Though, whenever we talk about doing harder operations, he references himself and a few others who are geared for it, he doesn't mention me and I have to remind him of that constantly. Prior to 2.0, I raided so much with previous guilds that I had a full DPS and tank set full augmented and min-maxed. I will check with him again if he is serious about only allowing combat sentinels as melee DPS into harder operation runs. If he intends to do that, I'll make sure I get my point across that I can do just enough damage or slightly less than combat sentinels. Then, if he doesn't agree with me or still wont acknowledge my damage, I will find another guild that will better appreciate my DPS. Though, I really hope that doesn't happen since this guild is really friendly and I like them a lot. I also noticed that during an EV HM run on the infernal council, I was able to kill my enemy first before a sage DPS that was fully augmented in purples. I'm not sure on the sentinel though since I couldn't see him. Though, the sage needs to cast smaller abilities to get procs from them. Thanks for the comments! I will definitely download MOX and test it out the next time we raid!

My guild leader has said in the past he would only allow sentinels but I have been able to get in for DPS recently due to gear. Though, whenever we talk about doing harder operations, he references himself and a few others who are geared for it, he doesn't mention me and I have to remind him of that constantly. Prior to 2.0, I raided so much with previous guilds that I had a full DPS and tank set full augmented and min-maxed. I will check with him again if he is serious about only allowing combat sentinels as melee DPS into harder operation runs. If he intends to do that, I'll make sure I get my point across that I can do just enough damage or slightly less than combat sentinels. Then, if he doesn't agree with me or still wont acknowledge my damage, I will find another guild that will better appreciate my DPS. Though, I really hope that doesn't happen since this guild is really friendly and I like them a lot. I also noticed that during an EV HM run on the infernal council, I was able to kill my enemy first before a sage DPS that was fully augmented in purples. I'm not sure on the sentinel though since I couldn't see him. Though, the sage needs to cast smaller abilities to get procs from them. Thanks for the comments! I will definitely download MOX and test it out the next time we raid!

this is why i built my DPS guardian, i am fed up with people saying that guardian Dps sucks, Good luck with your DPS man

Show this to your guild leader if you need 2662 DPS

Didn't look for best 5 or anything, just took the 1st 5 minutes. 2 adrenals used.

Dude, I'm amazed that your DPS is that high. I will definitely bring this up when I talk to him again. Is this on average how well you do? And what was your gear that you were in?

Dude, I'm amazed that your DPS is that high. I will definitely bring this up when I talk to him again. Is this on average how well you do? And what was your gear that you were in?

Yeah it's been progressively going up. I do high 2500s-2600 average on the dummy. Boss fights I'm over 2k unless the mechanics prevent uptime like Operator/Olok the Shadow.

I'm in a combination of 69s/72s. I've got 2 pc. Sentinel and 2 pc. Guardian set bonus now. A few enhancements are 66 until I get the tokens to switch them and my relics are Dread Guard still until I get UW tokens.

This guy is not a good leader. Ask your guild to have him replaced.

Yeah it's been progressively going up. I do high 2500s-2600 average on the dummy. Boss fights I'm over 2k unless the mechanics prevent uptime like Operator/Olok the Shadow.

I'm in a combination of 69s/72s. I've got 2 pc. Sentinel and 2 pc. Guardian set bonus now. A few enhancements are 66 until I get the tokens to switch them and my relics are Dread Guard still until I get UW tokens.

Very nice dude! I got that two set bonus too. What's your recommandations for melee crit % ? Can u give us your others stats ?

Thx

Edited by holmeskywalkr

Hi all ! I play a vigilance guardian and this dps is WOOOOOW!

This is à screen of my character :

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/959002Screenshot20130504111633179401.jpg

He's not optimised at all ! But full power and... ITS WORKING !

My parse on the training dummy :

http://www.torparse.com/a/208436/time/1367658310/1367658578/0/Overview

Near 2700 dps, i think it's great . So, conclusion : full power, and few crit .....!

For my gear i have 168 off hand , chest and pants , the saber is only 53 with Makeb reputation, and the rest of the stuff is 162 stuff :) !

Near 2700 dps, i think it's great . So, conclusion : full power, and few crit .....!

For my gear i have 168 off hand , chest and pants , the saber is only 53 with Makeb reputation, and the rest of the stuff is 162 stuff :) !

Damn man nice what is your crit rating?

What kind of crit should I aim for?