2.0 Guide: Guardian DPS for PvE Raiding

Mattmonkey

Yep. I've run crit since full 72s. My current gear build with a 72 hilt and still have some 69 armorings (grrrrr) and i consistently do 3.1 on the 1.5 million dummy with the occasional 3.2.

Crit isn't a bad stat at all. Just need to find the right places to use it!

Wish i had 1660 force bonus, only 1612 right now :(

Edited by lordbadtamaru

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New high for me. I deprioritized Scream to keep from delaying Impales, and I had a solid parse. I hadn't done much in a few weeks because I was having terrible luck and couldn't get anything above 2.8k for a solid couple of days. 3176 here with 72MH, full 78 mods, 69 earpiece and quite a few 69 enhancements.

http://www.torparse.com/a/527391

I was hovering around 3.2-3.3 for a while until I had some natural cd ravages. Glad I can still see results and I can't wait for them to fix us whenever the next balance patch comes out.

Awesome! Nice work

New high for me. I deprioritized Scream to keep from delaying Impales, and I had a solid parse. I hadn't done much in a few weeks because I was having terrible luck and couldn't get anything above 2.8k for a solid couple of days. 3176 here with 72MH, full 78 mods, 69 earpiece and quite a few 69 enhancements.

http://www.torparse.com/a/527391

I was hovering around 3.2-3.3 for a while until I had some natural cd ravages. Glad I can still see results and I can't wait for them to fix us whenever the next balance patch comes out.

Start adding crit after 1600 bonus damage. Hmmmm... Hmmmm.... I will attempt it when I return to the game after holidays.

Well its simple.

Crit gives a chance to multiply the average damage of your attacks.

The value of crit goes up the higher the average damage of attacks are.

Before, the average damage of attacks made crit unjustified. Now, we have so much power and strength that stacking a tad of crit is viable.

Its not useless, just useless if there isn't a whole lot to multiply.

Well its simple.

Crit gives a chance to multiply the average damage of your attacks.

The value of crit goes up the higher the average damage of attacks are.

Before, the average damage of attacks made crit unjustified. Now, we have so much power and strength that stacking a tad of crit is viable.

Its not useless, just useless if there isn't a whole lot to multiply.

Interesting! I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add some crit to my gear. I'll test it via swapping my lightsabre crystals out for crit ones.

On a lot of my geared DPS classes I have both the SA and the other proc relic that is BiS, but also carry with me a similar tiered BA relic for burn phases and other times where a on-demand Power Buff is better suited that a straight flat damage proc relic would be better suited.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys IM BACK :D

I've logged into and had a look at the new 2.6 spec. How cool that they finally fixed our RNG issues.

I did over 3k in 8 month old gear which seems like a decent improvement.

can you guys update me on the rotation - it looks like Overhead Slash - Plasma Brand - Master Strike - Dispatch - rinse and repeat.... is it that simple?

Lyrik (lost my old name) - now I'm Mogel on Harbinger arh hate it.

I've logged into and had a look at the new 2.6 spec. How cool that they finally fixed our RNG issues.

can you guys update me on the rotation - it looks like Overhead Slash - Plasma Brand - Master Strike - Dispatch - rinse and repeat.... is it that simple?

:o

HOLY MOLEY YOU ARE BACK?!!!!!!!!!!

-passes the mantle of writing guides back to matt-

its yours man if you want it. :D

I just wrote my damn thing cause your's is y'know, more than 6 months old :D

But welcome back yo. Welcome back.

As far as rotation goes,

Its pretty damn simple except blade storm is 100 percent lower priority than overhead and plasma, plasma basically goes first in everything and its all about getting master strike down every 10.5 seconds. Basically don't give a flying **** about force rush stacks.

The opener is up for debate but technically Saber Throw, Leap, Plasma Brand, Master Strike, Overhead, Blade Storm, Master Strike, and onward is optimal

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Self Notes:

1. Overhead Slash=Impale
  2. Plasma Brand= Shatter
  3. Master Strike= Ravage
  4. Dispatch= Vicious Throw
  5. Blade Storm= Force Scream

Yeah, pretty much it. Only change I would make is have shatter before impale, because shatter is our strongest and longest bleed move, as well as strongest burst dps. Have blade storm clip Master Strike. Also, don't worry about wasting blade storm stacks as blade storm isn't that important as it'll be tied with impale, and you don't want to waste time waiting for force scream, our weakest DOTs move, to come off CD when impale and/or shatter are already right there.

OK can you guys take a look at this parse http://www.torparse.com/a/596683 what can I do better? Take a look at the bottom one its the most stable. I gotta tell ya im at 155 lag - used to be 56 consistently before our oceanic servers got shut down. :(

I'm in a mix of 68 & 72 gear so not worried about the DPS but more the rotation.

cheers

Edited by Mattmonkey

OK can you guys take a look at this parse http://www.torparse.com/a/596683 what can I do better? Take a look at the bottom one its the most stable. I gotta tell ya im at 155 lag - used to be 56 consistently before our oceanic servers got shut down. :(

I'm in a mix of 68 & 72 gear so not worried about the DPS but more the rotation.

cheers

Welcome back Matt! Its good to se you back, the community was a lesser place for your absence.

I took a quick look at the parse. It seems your activation time is about 13.95s for Shatter, 9.65s for Impale, and 11.4s for Ravage. You want to get as close as you can to 12, 9, and 10.5-ish respectively. After that its just trying to build resources and deal as much damage as you can with your fillers. So its a pretty solid parse.

Here's Uriacles' parses to give you something to compare to.

http://www.torparse.com/a/565095

Edited by ArenCordial

Thx mate appreciate it. I decided because the bleed on Shatter ticks 4 times over 12 seconds that's the ability to use second rather than impale that hits bigger up front - if i'm half a second out it does not affect Shatter damage as much overall. Great to know Uracles is still playing :) Edited by Mattmonkey