Crew Skills to 450....2.0 or XPAC

There hasn't really been any info pointing either way, still up in the air for me. However, even if you can get to 450 before having access to ROTHC it wouldn't be very useful seeing how you would be unable to access the areas that the new crafting mats drop in and you wouldn't be able to level up to use the new stuff.

There hasn't really been any info pointing either way, still up in the air for me. However, even if you can get to 450 before having access to ROTHC it wouldn't be very useful seeing how you would be unable to access the areas that the new crafting mats drop in and you wouldn't be able to level up to use the new stuff.

No but you could make some credits off selling what you can't use.

I figured this was expansion exclusive.

Huh? It is very useful to have crafting available. You don't need to go to Makeb to get the new crafting materials. Just run companion missions. It is less efficient than farming on planets, but it is better than not having the materials. Also, you can pretty much get all of your augments and biochem stuff before you level, saving lots of time.

You can run the missions to get the standard materials, and you buy exotic mats off the GTN. Crafters generally don't even have to leave the fleet.

On another thread, a dev responded to one of my posts regarding what is included in the update and what is included in the expansion. He pretty much said that everything except Makeb, level cap increase, and the new endgame pve content will be available. So crafting will be available for those who don't have early access.

I have some distant memory of PTS where training the "Advanced <skill>" you need to get from your trainer to advance beyond 400 required level 51... I could be wrong however, it has been some time since I played on PTS

Right, some clarification is required here. I have 6x 50's. And I did pre-order and have installed the expansion. However my crafting cap on those 50's is still 400. Do you have to get to 51 to have 450 crew training/crafting available? Or is this some switch that is held until full public release later?

From AmberGreen in another topic:

Hey there everyone! We're sorry for any confusion around this. Because the missions and schematics above 400 are greater than Level 50, the ability to purchase Advanced Crew Skills is part of the Digital Expansion for Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

So yeah, it does sadly require ROTHC to level Crew Skills past 400. You can see the ability to train it, but trying to buy it does diddly-squat... as I found after many attempts to do so.