Epic PVP win

Dartmoose

Story time (sorry, no video). So, we were going to lose this void star... the imps scored 4 points on offense and they had superior healers/dps (see the score board, no dps on our side). We managed to get through the first set of doors with some good use of mez/stuns after ~1.5 minutes... but we couldnt kill them to get past the bridge. By the time we finally killed the first imp, there was only 3 minutes left on the clock. I noticed the imp who died was standing really close to the edge on the other side... so I jumped to him, pushed him off the edge, and planted a bomb with the bridges still locked. and we got the 4th point at 1:15.

what a rare win. betcha there are some mad imps right now =D

Edited by Dartmoose

I was in that game as an Imp. They guy didnt tell anyone in chat what happened so when you capped we were like wth. only after you won did he own up to it.

Was pretty annoyed as by far we were the much better team.

That was an impressive clutch move though, props to you.

That was a very confusing loss at first, and a very rare occasion where not dying at the bridge was our downfall. Miller-Time was asked why he didn't say anything when the event occurred, but I don't think it would have made any difference (depending on the re-spawn timer).

That was a very confusing loss at first, and a very rare occasion where not dying at the bridge was our downfall. Miller-Time was asked why he didn't say anything when the event occurred, but I don't think it would have made any difference (depending on the re-spawn timer).

If miller had called it straight away I would have /stuck ("ermahgawd that's an exploit you need to die", il save you the trouble) and at least we might have had a chance of stopping them at the next shields as they did need to cap that also to win. Seeing as he spent 20 seconds in the deathbox he could have maybe just let us know. I spoke to him after the game and apparently he went on a bit of a nerd rage instead of doing as I mentioned above lol

If miller had called it straight away I would have /stuck ("ermahgawd that's an exploit you need to die", il save you the trouble) and at least we might have had a chance of stopping them at the next shields as they did need to cap that also to win. Seeing as he spent 20 seconds in the deathbox he could have maybe just let us know. I spoke to him after the game and apparently he went on a bit of a nerd rage instead of doing as I mentioned above lol

probably would have made a difference. we barely capped the 4th point with the 2 imps there running interference. had there been a 3rd (and a healer to boot), it would have been really hard to cap in 2 minutes (but watching 3 consoles is pretty difficult also)

Looks like this won't be possible in 2.0: (from the patch notes)

"Voidstar spawn doors will no longer be active for Defenders in the Reactor and Cargo room if the Attackers have not activated the bridges or brought down the shields. This will allow the Defenders to prepare at the doors before the attackers have access to the area."

How could you have /stuck'd and ran out of the box to stop the cap when Miller was "stuck" in the box? :confused:

Edited by Bluntis

How could you have /stuck'd and ran out of the box to stop the cap when Miller was "stuck" in the box? :confused:

I dont mean to stop that cap. They had to cap the sheilds after the door to win and they got it easily because we were all still stuck behind the bridge. If I had /stuck i before the door blew up i could have then at least worked on slowing the dude they had going to cap the sheilds.

I dont mean to stop that cap. They had to cap the sheilds after the door to win and they got it easily because we were all still stuck behind the bridge. If I had /stuck i before the door blew up i could have then at least worked on slowing the dude they had going to cap the sheilds.

oh! lol

I was thinking along with blunti there too. isn't miller a pyro? he should be able to solo the guardian tank at the last fence.

did they respawn at the last fences?

Edited by foxmob