Spoilers: Zhorrid you did NOT just do that.

bright_ephemera

On my second Agent playthrough now, and with the double XP weekends I'm sailing through on class story quests alone, which makes me a happy player.

Except.

In the interlude between Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine Zhorrid sends you after a guy on Nar Shaddaa, then you report to her on Dromund Kaas. In my first playthrough, I was very polite to her during her holo conversation, and everything was just as fine as it ever is with Darth Zhorrid.

This time I pointed out that she tried to have me killed the last time we spoke in person. And I show up on Dromund Kaas to see her torturing Keeper because "something you said, Agent...I forget what" displeased her.

NOT OKAY. PLEASE STOP THAT.

There are so many details that you miss if you say the right or wrong things at the right or wrong time. I love it.

The Agent storyline does seem to be the best for little things like that. I really need to do another play through, this time with a female Agent, and probably not play her as an Imperial patriot who finds the Sith to be a mild inconvenience.

This one is the same "character" on a new server, so I hadn't expected to see anything new...turns out the conversational items that vary by mood or by very slight characterization changes can make a big difference.

I still need to do a Sith-aligned male Agent and a more thoroughly Light Side nice-guy Agent.

Heh. Yesterday I had a scene where ol' Zhorid whined to the Agent about how she demanded respect she deserved from Dark Council and how the Council obeyed to the letter and noticed this nasty little smile on the Agent as he was, "Oh, I am so truly terribly sorry".

Gotta say the story is just as fantastic on the second run, if not better, since I only paid half attention in Chapter 1 and mostly fumed, seethed and rushed through Chapter 2 first time, and now I'm taking time to soak up details and nuances. And IA's storyline is so much ahead of the rest of them, even cutscenes are directed better.

Yeah, on my first two play throughs of the agent I was polite to Zhorrid, then on the third time I said something like "I take orders from Keeper, not you", and I was totally surprised when I saw her torturing him. I've had several moments like that happen to me where I didn't really think I chose differently than before but ended up with completely unexpected turn of events. Like when I ended up with flirt options with Natula Pan and Mia Hawkins. :o

This happened to me, too. I have a DS Sniper and LS Operative.

On my first play though as DS, I walked into Zhorrid's office and saw her listening to opera with the corpses of her entourage.

On the second, I must have selected the convo option "I did MY job" or something like it. And then I walk in on her torturing Keeper. That was a shock (no pun intended). She's nuts and a whiny child for the most part, but the look on her face when she was shocking Keeper was SO malevolent, it was downright frightening. It TOTALLY changed the way my Operative saw him and Intelligence.

Again, such a great story. You can play it multiple times and still be taken aback. So well done!

Just goes to show how utterly brilliant the IA's storyline is, and on how many levels (Do you like British humour/sarcasm? IA is the one for you, if so:)).

I'm seriously considering another play-through --Operative, this time, which I've never tried before-- for this reason alone.

Fake-edit:

That's not to say that the other stories are necessarily "bad;" The BH's story is also quite good --but the IA is just so far-and-away better, it's not even funny.