Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Restore the range on Electrodart for Mercenaries/Commandos.

PerinnAybara

One of the reasons I hate Huttball on my Commando (love it on other classes) is because of this. As a ranged class I try to stya at range (go figure). Once the other team gets the ball past a certain point (read: anywhere on the catwalks) I just walk to mid in case they score so I can get the ball right away. I can't get close enough to use my stun with out a gap closer which I have no business having since I'm ranged.

It's really frustrating in any WZ when a clutch stun would save the node/secure the cap but nope my ******* has to walk all the way over there to even get in range to stun. So if I'm healing in the back (again go figure why a ranged class would be far away) I actually have run forward to try to stop someone from interrupting a cap. The 2 second cast way too long to use on classes that have gap closers.

It sucks in PvE too because you have to stop DPSing/Healing to run over to get in range to use it. Completely pointless. And this was from the change that was supposed to reduce CC in WZ's. And then they make Bubble Stun.

So according to bioware devs line of thought sorcs and mandos cant stun people on firepit at 30m but any class with enemy pulls can pull the same people into the pit from the 30m distance and snipers can mez people from 30m when they are passing tru a pit so they can be unmezed in the 1st tick of fire and prolly die the same way unless theyre a tank or they pop some major cooldown.

Nice... logic in an "all classes are equal but mercs are less equal than others" way.

One of the reasons I hate Huttball on my Commando (love it on other classes) is because of this. As a ranged class I try to stya at range (go figure). Once the other team gets the ball past a certain point (read: anywhere on the catwalks) I just walk to mid in case they score so I can get the ball right away. I can't get close enough to use my stun with out a gap closer which I have no business having since I'm ranged.

It's really frustrating in any WZ when a clutch stun would save the node/secure the cap but nope my ******* has to walk all the way over there to even get in range to stun. So if I'm healing in the back (again go figure why a ranged class would be far away) I actually have run forward to try to stop someone from interrupting a cap. The 2 second cast way too long to use on classes that have gap closers.

It sucks in PvE too because you have to stop DPSing/Healing to run over to get in range to use it. Completely pointless. And this was from the change that was supposed to reduce CC in WZ's. And then they make Bubble Stun.

this is why i gave up using electrodart/cryo grenade as an offensive tool. its really only useful as a defensive skill now, to try to keep pressing melee off of you. which maybe have been bioware's intention; even now too many players open in PvP w/ a hard stun.

Guys, give it up.

I've played every class to 50. Merc/Commando is fun to play, but when it comes to PvP, there's simply no reason to play one...at all. Ever. Want ranged DPS? Sniper/Gunslinger has more damage potential and way, WAY more utility. Want heals? Operative/Scoundrel can do it better, is more mobile, and again has way, WAY more utility.

I finally deleted my Commando last night because there's really no reason to play the class. It has absolutely nothing going for it other than aesthetics (cool looking dual pistols/autocannon, armor, etc). I like to think I'm optimistic about classes since I've played them all in PvP extensively, and it's difficult to say that a particular class is essentially worthless. That's really where Merc/Commando is at right now, and frankly, has been for a very long time.

Yes, this class can wreck face in PUG PvP. It's also viable for PvE. However, I can practically guarantee that if you rolled a Sniper/Gunslinger tomorrow, most of you wouldn't look back. The cover mechanic is a little wonky to get used to, but once you get keybinds set up right, you'll quickly find out just how much better it really is.

this is why i gave up using electrodart/cryo grenade as an offensive tool. its really only useful as a defensive skill now, to try to keep pressing melee off of you. which maybe have been bioware's intention; even now too many players open in PvP w/ a hard stun.

I get that. I hate when people open with a stun because I know that now we have one less stun to use now for strategic moments. I think the only thing that annoys me more is when an Assassin or 2 use Shock and then spam Maul behind me (Pro tip: This makes you look awful because if you don't have the proc it's not going to hit hard and you'll be out of force).

But a huge part of ranged defense is not letting people get close. The only way I have to keep people off of me at range is the slow on Kolto Bomb and Concussive Round. I absolutely adore the slow on Kolto Bomb don't get me wrong but it's not going to stop a leap. Also as a healer mitigating damage is pretty important too.

If I can stun someone attacking my target to help me heal them that's a big plus for me. Having to be that close is really not where I wanna be.

I honestly think they haven't changed it back because they are too embarrassed that they made a mistake. To re-impliment a 30m Cryo Grenade/Electro Dart would be admitting to that they have no clue what class balance looks like.

I honestly think they haven't changed it back because they are too embarrassed that they made a mistake. To re-impliment a 30m Cryo Grenade/Electro Dart would be admitting to that they have no clue what class balance looks like.

They didnt seem embarassed when they took the whole bubblestun buff away (which was a bad way to buff sages in the 1st place).

Edited by Laforet

class balance is an ever evolving process. if bioware is too embarrassed to revert a bad change, then we will never see positive movement as far as class balance is concerned.

however, i dont think that is the case.

Being one of the most vocal sniper fans on the forums, i can relate to mercs and sorceers getting their 30m stuns back.

We do have enough goodies to compesate for our 4m stun: our flashbang and of course my favorite ability in the entire game: legshot (which they nerfed to deth with all the root cleanses in the game)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.