From POT5

Rabios

• 2 weeks later...
Hey heard you guys are gonna transfer to POT5 , Roll PUBs please thank you we don't need anymore imps.But do as you wish

Staying here as well

Please you sound like some WW2 pamphlet dropped over enemy territory to try and get them to defect

A few of our "elite" pvpers QQ about moving to your server in fleet from time to time, but for the most part not that many are really going to do it.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I know alot of us "pvpers" who are planning on leaving.

I consider myself a "pvper" that this news to me

Idk why people want to move

I'm not saying I want to move or anything, however the thought has crossed my mind because queuing for regular warzones can be a HUGE drag.

My main focus on the game has been ranked warzones and the last few weeks until the expan ranked queues were just so slow and only 3 guilds were queueing.

I think a lot of pvpers are going to a higher pop server for more ranked pops

I started out on this server and then rerolled to Pot5 at the end of 2012, October maybe? IDK. Anyways, yeah Pot5 has a much bigger population, I've done plenty of rateds before and since 2.0 dropped and have met a lot of cool people. The competition over there is better imo, but bads are bad no matter what server you are on.

I started out on this server and then rerolled to Pot5 at the end of 2012, October maybe? IDK. Anyways, yeah Pot5 has a much bigger population, I've done plenty of rateds before and since 2.0 dropped and have met a lot of cool people. The competition over there is better imo, but bads are bad no matter what server you are on.

I'm telling ya this is enemy propaganda campaign, don't listen to these lies!

Actually from what I have heard JM has a better ranked community than the other servers

I am pretty sure there won't be individual transfers for a while cause bioware doesn't have the infrastructure for it yet. Concerning Jung Ma, I am pretty sure the first transfer, if any, will be a structured transfer of other servers to us. If they open the flood gates of individual transfers Jung Ma will be dead rather quickly . Edited by Dancally

I am pretty sure there won't be individual transfers for a while cause bioware doesn't have the infrastructure for it yet. Concerning Jung Ma, I am pretty sure the first transfer, if any, will be a structured transfer of other servers to us. If they open the flood gates of individual transfers Jung Ma will be dead rather quickly .

"Can't keep everyone happy."

"Damned if you do, Damned if you don't."

Either way, Jung Ma could suffer in that case but I'm optimistic that Jung Ma should be fine once there are unrestricted server transfers. This server has a tight knit community and I doubt it will break.

Idk why people want to move

I explained it many times already. Different people have different reasons. I will keep it short this time..................

"Fun."

Edited by Jonoku

I'm not saying Jung Ma's total activity will be dead. I know there are RPers out there on just plain RP servers that want to try more PvP, but aren't deadset on PvPing all the time, they have already expressed interest in coming here.

But yes we will have individual transfers, if you follow the Dev Posts they plan to have individual transfers live prior to merging the APAC servers so that those who wish it can move wherever they like before they merge those servers with designated US Servers.

Prior to 2.0 there were only a handful of guilds queing for Rateds and only on Wednesday nights. This is no exaggeration it's the state of rateds here. My guild really wanted to get into Rateds, but since most of us have jobs/college a weeknight is terrible for us. On POT5 they have rateds going almost every night. Yes with a larger population there are more bad teams there then here, but they still have good teams and overall its more active ranked teams.

As a FYI, the guild that dominated the RWZs on the PTS was from a RP server. :)

And, prior to 2.0, POT5 had four consistent teams queueing. That may be different now, but remember the grass is always greener on the other side. Always.

As a FYI, the guild that dominated the RWZs on the PTS was from a RP server. :)

And, prior to 2.0, POT5 had four consistent teams queueing. That may be different now, but remember the grass is always greener on the other side. Always.

And what guild was that? The best I saw was Nostrum Dolus (Beating the Bastion and Pot5's best teams pretty handily) which is from a PVE server, the Red Eclipse. And prior to Pot5, I saw at least 7 guilds queueing on a regular basis, plus multiple pugs. And now there are even more.

Edited by HaemmernZeit

But yes we will have individual transfers, if you follow the Dev Posts they plan to have individual transfers live prior to merging the APAC servers so that those who wish it can move wherever they like before they merge those servers with designated US Servers.

Link, please? :D

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6048072#post6048072

Hey everyone,

I have an update for you on our long term plans for the APAC servers. Before I do that though I want to let you know up front that we still have quite a bit of work to do to make this happen so I cannot provide any timeframes for you today.

We know that when we asked you, the community, for your opinions on what we should do, we received quite a variety of suggested solutions. Some people wanted to be able to transfer to higher populated North American servers, some suggested merging the three existing APAC servers into one large APAC server, and then there were a host of other ideas as well. However, the one common theme from the suggestions, which we heard clearly, is that everyone wants the opportunity to play on higher populated servers. With this in mind, we have evaluated all of the options and determined that the best solution, that will offer the best long term play experience, is to merge the APAC servers with higher populated North American servers.

Getting to the point of being able to merge the servers is going to be a multistep process. First off we need to update our Free Character Transfer System to include the game changes that we have made recently along with the upcoming changes in Game Update 2.0 and the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:

• Mastar Dar’Nala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP)
  • Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE)
  • Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE)

We will also need to update our server merge technology at which point we will ultimately merge each of the APAC servers into the corresponding North American servers as indicated above. We are moving as quickly as we can to make this happen, but we want to make sure this is a smooth transition, so it will take some time.

Why did we decide not to merge the three APAC servers into one large APAC server? We decided this for two main reasons. 1. The issue in doing this is that two play-styles (PvE, PvE-RP, or PvP) would need to sacrifice their desired play-style in order to have one server with a higher population. We feel that it is important that each player is allowed to continue to play SWTOR in their preferred play-style. Therefore, accommodating all the existing play-styles was a primary goal. By allowing you to move to a NA West server, you will be able to keep your play-style. 2. The move to North American servers better delivers on our ultimate goal of providing the best play experience, with the most possible players, long term.

I will continue to provide updates as soon as I have them. I know the next big question will be “when” and as soon as I have that information to release, I will do so. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I know it took longer than you would have liked but I intend to continue to give you information as soon as I can!

-eric

I assume that we all get Free Transfers at around the same time since they mention getting the system updated.

One thing you said at the bottom is, you are assuming... we all know what happens.

Also, as far as ranked pvp we are hoping to get into ranked finally, our guild is finally getting on board with the idea. We are looking at Sunday nights, as the main night, and then have Wednesdays and Fridays as our off nights.We hope that the other ranked teams can get on board with queuing as well, so that as a server we can bring back the ranekd to Jung Ma.

I have been on Jung Ma since release, people have come and go, population has always been a little low, but overall I think the server and the community on the server is great. I wouldn't dream of going elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I rolled on POT5, and I have NO idea why people talk SO much **** about the pugs on Jung Ma. POT5 has the WORST pug PvPers I've EVER SEEN! Granted, that toon is only 32 now, but still. LOL!

I don't plan on leaving Jung Ma. This place has a good community, and I've NEVER waited more than 5-10 minutes for a PvP queue on any bracket, unless it's around 3am, then it may be longer.