The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Watchman Sentinels, not snipers, should have the +30 levels of stealth detection

KettleBelll

Let them be Watchmen.... Let them be Sentinels.... let them live up to their name and destinies.

Give Sentinels +6 levels of stealth detection for each stack of Juyo, and done. It shouldn't be givien to Snipers.

This will help make Watchman spec more attractive, and sniper don't need anything else.

Pretty sure the huge boost in stealth detection is to help challenge players that are endlessly stealthing and playing 'safety' on node that are about to be taken. This suggested change would allow for that, but does nothing for other little stealther wars, where Sentinels will have zero stacks of Juyo built up.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard that sentinels would be easy cannonfood for stealthers. Why would they need this?

and they still would be, if they were trying to node defend or attack an off node solo.

Where it is needed is like the center node of Civil War. Where you have middle won, but the enemy team just chain stops the cap by rotating two stealthers playing 'safety'.

They are already adding +30 levels of stealth detection to help combat this, but they are adding it to the wrong class. It should totally be assigned to the Watchman Sentinel, with stacks of Juyo form.

Edited by KettleBelll

and they still would be, if they were trying to node defend or attack an off node solo.

Where it is needed is like the center node of Civil War. Where you have middle won, but the enemy team just chain stops the cap by rotating two stealthers playing 'safety'.

They are already adding +30 levels of stealth detection to help combat this, but they are adding it to the wrong class. It should totally be assigned to the Watchman Sentinel, with stacks of Juyo form.

Any non-stealthing class is stealther cannonfood when solo-attacking or guarding alone. Want to give this to all of the non-stealher classes?

As far as I know, snipers are getting this because snipers right now are pretty often cannonfodder to stealhers, not because it's needed in some certain part of some certain map.

Any non-stealthing class is stealther cannonfood when solo-attacking or guarding alone. Want to give this to all of the non-stealher classes?

As far as I know, snipers are getting this because snipers right now are pretty often cannonfodder to stealhers, not because it's needed in some certain part of some certain map.

I can't tell if you are trolling or just really slow.

I can't tell if you are trolling or just really slow.

I was about to say the same thing to you. Change gives some sort of counter play for snipers who by their nature are self rooting and therefore very vulnerable to stealthers.

Sentinels are already pretty desired in 2.0. I don't feel this is needed at all.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

all this stealth detection and super stealth cds are crap. stealth classes can stealth. troopers can drop a relatively ineffective tech toy called stealth detect. everyone else can only see a stealthy if he stands on top of him without using sneak/blackout. that's fine. quit whining because you can't see classes that you're not supposed to see. this arms race over stealth is just stupid. soon, everybody will be able to see stealth and stealthers will have super duper stealth, which will only be visible by 2 classes with super duper stealth detect, which will be countered by the stealth banana onion peel ability. etc. etc. enough. this is retarded. Edited by foxmob

Sentinels are already pretty desired in 2.0. I don't feel this is needed at all.

Right on dood. I forgot that Snipers are not already pretty desired in 2.0, and everyone wants Watchman spec'ed Sentinels on their team. :rolleyes:

Do you even lift?

Edited by KettleBelll

Right on dood. I forgot that Snipers are not already pretty desired in 2.0, and everyone wants Watchman spec'ed Sentinels on their team. :rolleyes:

Do you even lift?

What I'm getting is that you happen to play a watchman sentinel and happen to to angry at the fact that a gunslinger may get picked over you after 2.0.

The only reason you have given why watchman sentinels should get this is that their skill tree name somehow implies that they see things. Rest to me sounds like reasons for any non-stealther to have this.

Do you even lift?

Understand he wants all classes to be nerfed to a mercenary level, or vice versa.

From our perspective everyone is higher up!

lol - if that's true, there is a guardian on Po5 with a name close to yours, and I was just lighting up because I thought it was you, and I saw you post on the forums :)

I play on Red Eclipse and I don't own a guardian. So I can positively confirm that wasn't me.

This would be pretty unfair. A sentinel is a mobile melee spec, you could easily spin round in circles and get a 30m range stealth scan. Snipers get it because it builds up over time while they are in cover, meaning they can still be stealthed by the sides and the back. A mobile Sentinel gaining a stealth scan would plain and simply be stupid.

I'll agree about the whole 'safe stealth' cap interrupts, had a very nasty case of that a while ago. My team had gotten the most medals, but those bloody stealthers kept wrecking any chance of a cap.

Still, I don't know whether this justifies a "juyo = combat stealth hunter" argument. Watchman is shut down by any class that can cleanse physical effects, and has a pretty steep ramp up time that warzones (and duels) don't give them time to do. Frankly, it'd take more than that to make them viable.

I think mercs should get a stacking stealth detection for each second they are standing still and then lose stacks as they move

Thus mercs get something desirable. And given their total lack of decent CDs mercs need it more than snipers anyway

If it takes juyo stacks, them how would it help you while you're dormant guarding a node?

Snipers have proactive defenses, if you get passed the leap immunity, then they're toasted. Since stealthers can do so, snipers need yet another proactive defense against them.

Let them be Watchmen.... Let them be Sentinels.... let them live up to their name and destinies.

Give Sentinels +6 levels of stealth detection for each stack of Juyo, and done. It shouldn't be givien to Snipers.

This will help make Watchman spec more attractive, and sniper don't need anything else.

Pretty sure the huge boost in stealth detection is to help challenge players that are endlessly stealthing and playing 'safety' on node that are about to be taken. This suggested change would allow for that, but does nothing for other little stealther wars, where Sentinels will have zero stacks of Juyo built up.

Watchman/annihilation will be a pve spec only in 2.0.

Rage/focus got leap out of roots and auto slow. Carnage got more burst/windows to go along with being the ultimate cheerleader spec (group sprint in ranked).

Watchman will suffer from mobility (sitting in roots), weakened dots (that have no dot protection), and their dps relying on a ramp up time they will never be able to achieve vs snipers.

An anti stealth ability isn't going to help the spec at all. I am afraid good sents/marauders who still played this spec and led dmg in WZ's are too blame (and I am one of them, who simply couldn't let the spec go and played it often). The "metric guy" is spot on with his analysis as far as watchman/annihilation.

The spec went from being ok to utterly useless in 2.0 in pvp. Sent/marauders really have 1 spec and one spec only now in any serious pvp. Combat/carnage. Rage will still be ok for pugstomping. Rage is better on a jug/guardian in rated.

Watchman/annihilation should just have (pve) above the tree. It went from being kind of viable as a healer lockdown spec, to complete trash in 2.0.

Watchman/annihilation should just have (pve) above the tree. It went from being kind of viable as a healer lockdown spec, to complete trash in 2.0.

Let me guess your geting all your calculations from a PTS?

It will still lock down a healer will insane amounts of burst, just because surge is geting a ax does not mean Watchman is going to suck.

Remember another move is being added, Twin Saber Throw.

The auto-crit choose to more sents is more attractive, and yes combat is of course more picked for ranked due to trans and 3 snare moves.

But a skilled Watchman on a healer isn't something that can be ignored, I have a feeling the spec will be fine and people are geting anxiety and GETING biased feelings over it.

New set bonus will add something to the table,

Sentinel (DPS)

Weaponmaster’s Gear 2pc PVE: Now increases Master Strike damage dealt by 8%.

Weaponmaster’s Gear 4pc PvE: Now in addition to reducing the cooldown of Valorous Call, also makes activating Zen increase all damage dealt by 4% for 15 seconds.

Weaponmaster’s Gear 2pc PvP: Now in addition to reducing the cooldown of Guarded by the Force, also increases its duration by 1 second.

Weaponmaster’s Gear 4pc PvP: Now increases all damage dealt by 10% for 5 seconds after using Force Leap.

If you read there Zen adding 4% not to mention Force Leap adding 10% more damage, thats 14% more damage added to Watchman in PvP.

I like the changes, I do think Watchman will surprise alot of people.

Edited by Caeliux

Let me guess your geting all your calculations from a PTS?

It will still lock down a healer will insane amounts of burst, just because surge is geting a ax does not mean Watchman is going to suck.

Remember another move is being added, Twin Saber Throw.

The auto-crit choose to more sents is more attractive, and yes combat is of course more picked for ranked due to trans and 3 snare moves.

But a skilled Watchman on a healer isn't something that can be ignored, I have a feeling the spec will be fine and people are geting anxiety and GETING biased feelings over it.

New set bonus will add something to the table,

Sentinel (DPS)

Weaponmaster’s Gear 4pc PvE: Now in addition to reducing the cooldown of Valorous Call, also makes activating Zen increase all damage dealt by 4% for 15 seconds.

Weaponmaster’s Gear 2pc PvP: Now in addition to reducing the cooldown of Guarded by the Force, also increases its duration by 1 second.

Weaponmaster’s Gear 4pc PvP: Now increases all damage dealt by 10% for 5 seconds after using Force Leap.

If you read there Zen adding 4% not to mention Force Leap adding 10% more damage, thats 14% more damage added to Watchman in PvP.

It will be good against people that don't cleanse, and that don't have snipers on their team.

Good luck finding that in 2.0 :)

We already wear the 10 percent more dmg set. I don't know any sentinels/marauders worth a damn who use the marauder set currently lol.

Sorry you have been doing it wrong. :(. We wear the jug/guardian set for all 3 specs.

Let me explain WHY watchman/annihilation will suck in 2.0. Currently our dots hit like trucks, which means when we have a problem with being kited, rooted? We are still doing a lot of damage. In 2.0 that changes. Dot's are taking a big hit and we are more tied to our annihilate talent. The problem is that it simply takes too long to build, and out dot's can be cleansed until then.

Annihilation spec is basically a rage/focus spec in 2.0 where annihilate hits for less then smash, doesn't autocrit, doesn't aoe and the spec has mobility issues. Add to that the survival of the spec is only better then rage/focus every few minutes (the heal on shield).

You can zealous leap to a sniper in cover, you can't charge to them. We don't have force push to get them out of cover.

Vigilance? Will be pretty damn good in 2.0. Annihilation? No.

The ONLY reason to roll a marauder/sent in 2.0 is to be combat/carnage. Everything else? Jug/guardian simply does better.

Cept pve damage. Watchman/Annihilation freakin owns. Duels? Watchman/annihilation will always be good. Duels are meaningless in a WZ and a infiltration shadow or hybrid in 2.0 will still pwn the @$^# out of a watchman/annihilation spec in a 1 v 1.

Vanish rebuke, cloak of pain. GG. You win.

How could they fix the spec? Dot protection, revert this change to dot's, make all dot's slow and not just rupture. Will they do that? No. It looks like they have decided carnage is the pvp tree.

I think the 80 percent sprint should just be done away with. First annihilation had it and that was the pigeonholed spec. Now carnage has it and that is the pigeonholed spec. It is too much of a game changer for this class, and whatever tree has it will always be the required ranked build.

Edited by biowareftw

Sentinel (DPS)

you only get to choose 1 of the 4-set bonuses, so no 14% bonus damage.