The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lucasarts shuts down, 1313 cancelled

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/03/lucasarts-rep-says-star-wars-1313-might-be-saved.aspx

Someone at LucasArts said that they are looking at other options for all current projects, including 1313 and other unannounced titles. So they will hopefully be licensing them out to other companies.

Edited by ZeroFiveCommando

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/03/lucasarts-rep-says-star-wars-1313-might-be-saved.aspx

Someone at LucasArts said that they are looking at other options for all current projects, including 1313 and other unannounced titles. So they will hopefully be licensing them out to other companies.

Hope so, 1313 looked good as did First Assault.

So many people are freaking about this at other places thinking that disney is stopping all SW games together and not realizing that LA has done almost NO good in like 10 years. It's all been outsourced for the most part which disney will still be doing just without the useless LA part of it.

It is sad though as i remember being 3 years old playing star wars x-wing rebel assault in like 1995 lol.

Hope so, 1313 looked good as did First Assault.

1313 apparently had really good potential and then GL came in and decided he wanted less "underworld courscant" and more "focus on boba fett" and took what was really amazing and turned into a new EP1.

it's possible that disney has come in and seen the way the game was going due to it and is cutting losses realizing how much of a disappoint it will be due to the hype.

1313 apparently had really good potential and then GL came in and decided he wanted less "underworld courscant" and more "focus on boba fett" and took what was really amazing and turned into a new EP1.

it's possible that disney has come in and seen the way the game was going due to it and is cutting losses realizing how much of a disappoint it will be due to the hype.

Huh? But anyway we shall see where it goes.

What I'm saying in short is apparently pre-disney george lucas apparently decided to go in and make first hand changes to how 1313 was (which was apparently amazing) which made it less like epiosde 5 grade game and more like a episode 1 grade game. And due this disney may be giving it the cut instead of disappointing fans.

What I'm saying in short is apparently pre-disney george lucas apparently decided to go in and make first hand changes to how 1313 was (which was apparently amazing) which made it less like epiosde 5 grade game and more like a episode 1 grade game. And due this disney may be giving it the cut instead of disappointing fans.

Evidence of this?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Disney are bunch of idiots and now they dear to cancel SW 1313, ''I will assassinate head of stupid Disney''...

MR George Lucas only now you will realize what a bad idea that was...(selling your SW legacy to greedy lunatics)

Edited by sandisrd

Disney are bunch of idiots and now they dear to cancel SW 1313, ''I will assassinate head of stupid Disney''...

MR George Lucas only now you will realize what a bad idea that was...(selling your SW legacy to greedy lunatics)

Not entirely his fault, people have been ragging on GL for so long just because they didn't like what he did for far too long, things that people really should have just gotten over that happened decades ago...to his own franchise.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I saw this coming a mile away. It's sad that it’s had to come to this, but the truth is, LucasArts hasn't been producing decent games in some time. I highly doubt that this is the "end" of Star Wars games in general. As they said, they'll still be doing the licencing.

What worries me more about Disney making a decision like this is if they do it to other arms. Disney has proven that it can act boldly, and more importantly, it will. I'm worried about the idea of them suspending contracts with Dark Horse and Del Ray. I know it’s just an irrational sense of fear, but with the direction the companies going, it wouldn't surprise me.

If you think about it logically as well, it would make some level of sense. A lot of the books produced by Del Ray are post-ROTJ. If post-ROTJ canon is indeed revamped, wouldn't it be logical to suspend the contract with Del Ray? For a while I admit to feeling that such a decision wasn’t going to happen. Like some people, I suspected that what they would do is just “separate” both sets of canon. But when I see decisions like this, the reality hits home that this may not happen.

Edited by Brutanic

• 2 months later...
This is definitely not the end of all Star Wars games. Actually, at this years E3, EA officially announced they are making Battlefront 3. So, it is more than likely that Disney will just license out Star Wars games from now on. Edited by DonBlack

This is definitely not the end of all Star Wars games. Actually, at this years E3, EA officially announced they are making Battlefront 3. So, it is more than likely that Disney will just license out Star Wars games from now on.

Battlefront*

Not Battlefront 3.

It's a remake.

The game is pretty much written and has all the design to go forward .

With EA at the Helm its likely they are not going to allow this game to fade away seeing how its already on the path to finish if not finished .