Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob

Most of the old sets looked bad anyway. Which is why most people were running around in orange/adaptive gear which you can use from level 1 :p

But yea, crafting definitely needs more. It's been ignored since the cartel market took over. They could just tag new craftable armour as subscriber only if they are really scared about not making money off it.

Edited by NasherUK

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the old sets looked bad anyway. Which is why most people were running around in orange/adaptive gear which you can use from level 1 :p

But yea, crafting definitely needs more. It's been ignored since the cartel market took over. They could just tag new craftable armour as subscriber only if they are really scared about not making money off it.

Yeah I agree.

But whether or not it looks good is an opinion, and where there are opinions, there are bound to be differing results.

Whether or not some people think it's ugly doesn't address the point of this thread. But yeah I agree as well about crafting.

Should at least be schematics to this gear.... I mean why not?

I hope so! I would be a very happy customer if they do! :D

(It would be even better if they were a vendor in-game, for Credits, but I'd settle for Cartel Market purchases if the alternative is not at all. ;) )

To a point I agree. My only concern is that all "good" or "cool" armor becomes an additional expense. As in F2P market style. Pretty soon you pay EXTRA for everything!

I personally do not mind extra in game work to achieve the pruchase of specialized gear or mounts. BUT I do have a problem with pay and pay and pay some more for stuff that we should be able to earn in game.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I never got a character to level 50 before the Expansion, but I would ***LOVE*** to be able to still work towards those sets. Specifically, the "Tier 2" Jedi Guardian set was absolutely beautiful, and I'll be extraordinarily sad if it's not made obtainable at some point down the road.

In return, I happily give my support to allow players to purchase the Gold Scalene armor again (which looks amazing, btw). :D

I'm pretty sure a version of each of the current Tionese/Columni/Rakata armors will be coming to the Cartel Market in all their adaptive armor glory and I'm looking forward to it.

This is the answer.... You knew it was coming.

It's simple...

Anything removed from the game can be re-inserted later into the Cartel Market.

Only cool thinga about adding it to cartel market would be that the armor woul dthen be adapabtale version. So smuggy cowboy hat wearing jedi....:cool:

Agree 1000% with this thread. I started a thread on the PTS forum several weeks back about the removal of the level 20 and 40 pvp armor, asking for schematics. I got a BW response but nothing else happened. Basically it was maybe, we'll look into it, etc.

On the one hand, I understand the desire for the devs to want us to use all the new armor and weapons they spend time designing. This is the same reason Blizzard refused to do Transmog in WoW for years and years. But I would argue it takes away from the quality of the game to be unable to craft these kinds of armors and weapons. I don't see any drawback to leaving these schematics in the game for people to buy and craft later. Hell, you can still get the mats to make them!

BW, your players are begging you. Please allow us to find/buy/whatever schematics for any gear that is no longer available straight from the vendor. Make them expensive so you have to commit to it, so they stay rare, something.

I'd also just like to add, by removing these items, they've just removed a *LOT* of the incentive to play up to high levels, for me.

Specifically, I was so excited about the idea of earning some of the weapons, each with its own cool, clever name. Peace and Quiet, for example. As well, because I'm not someone who is probably going to be able to spend time doing max-level Operations, I really liked the idea of being able to try and tackle the previous Operations, and obtain that gear.

Please, BioWare; hear us out!

I would rather see the gear removed, if you got it more power to you, and you can walk around with it on making people jealous. If you didn't get it to bad for you! IF they leave everything in nobody is unique, and everyone has everything or can purchase everything. I really hate that people can unify colors, and mod whatever gear they want, I would rather wear ugly gear, and work hard for the gear I want, then look like everyone else. IMO

I would rather see the gear removed, if you got it more power to you, and you can walk around with it on making people jealous. If you didn't get it to bad for you! IF they leave everything in nobody is unique, and everyone has everything or can purchase everything. I really hate that people can unify colors, and mod whatever gear they want, I would rather wear ugly gear, and work hard for the gear I want, then look like everyone else. IMO

:rak_02:

Really? You think it's more important to give players the ability to make newcomers to the game jealous then it is to give 100% of players a choice?

But besides that... What makes you think that if the Dev's add a few armor sets back into the game "nobody will be unique" ? :rak_02: How does adding more variety make people wear less variable armor sets?

More variety of choices = More variety of player looks.

Less variety of choices = Less variety of player looks.

The more differentiating armor sets that players have to choose from, the more differentiating armor sets players will wear. :p

Also the end of your post makes no sense to me. You don't want to look like everyone else? Great, then don't wear what everyone else is wearing. No matter what armor sets are in or out of the game, you always have the option to wear the least used armor set in the game. Infact, if they continue to take armor sets out of the game, more and more players will be forced to look more and more alike, as the choices dwindle.

And if the dev's put more variety into the game, instead of taking variety out, it's going to get easier and easier to "not look like everybody else".

Edited by Swissbob

yeah, I was quite disappointed as well when I realized that all the tionese, columni and rakata models were gone.

If at least the old models would have been replaced by cool new ones... but the new high tier gear for SWs is quite horrid imho.

Edited by Karvalon

I want the armor back as well, don't care if it gets put on the cartel market. The new armor is not very good looking anyways.

Yes even on the CM. I mean people are practically throwing money at them to get the old armor back. Maybe that's what they planned all along... but I don't mind as that would make it adaptive armor meaning anyone could wear it.

This thread might be buried by all the spam complaints... so let's just complain harder then everyone else and maybe we'll see results. :rak_03:

Yes even on the CM. I mean people are practically throwing money at them to get the old armor back. Maybe that's what they planned all along... but I don't mind as that would make it adaptive armor meaning anyone could wear it.

This thread might be buried by all the spam complaints... so let's just complain harder then everyone else and maybe we'll see results. :rak_03:

Yeah! It would be a great move for Bioware to put these back in the game. If they are put on a vendor as schematics or shells, no one would really complain but we'd all be very happy! If they put it in the Cartel Market, a lot of people would probably complain, but we wouldn't! We'd be happy! (And they'd make some money as well) :D

Oh and yeah... there are like 15-20 threads of people just literally giving there opinions on 2.0... and there are more everyday. If only all of the people making these new threads just posted in one of the existing ones... :p

But oh well.... I'm willing to stick this out until we get some sort of response. :D

Yeah! It would be a great move for Bioware to put these back in the game. If they are put on a vendor as schematics or shells, no one would really complain but we'd all be very happy! If they put it in the Cartel Market, a lot of people would probably complain, but we wouldn't! We'd be happy! (And they'd make some money as well) :D

Oh and yeah... there are like 15-20 threads of people just literally giving there opinions on 2.0... and there are more everyday. If only all of the people making these new threads just posted in one of the existing ones... :p

But oh well.... I'm willing to stick this out until we get some sort of response. :D

I can bump this all day. Ya dig?

Just looked at the new rep armors. Some are ok looking, some are new. No sign of any old pve set shells lol.

That's a shame.

I've scoured the Galaxy for any vendors selling any similar looking sets as well. :D

Didn't find any. :(