Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, wait, wait....wasn't everyone up in arms about how the gear looked? Now all of a sudden, people don't want the sets gone?...So..what's going on here?

I've heard about even 50/50 on people liking vs not liking.

It's just they hear the complainers the most not the satisfied people, so now people who don't want it to leave have become the complainers. To get our just desserts.

Wait, wait, wait....wasn't everyone up in arms about how the gear looked? Now all of a sudden, people don't want the sets gone?...So..what's going on here?

Yeah, almost every armor set in the game has people who think it's ugly.

The Tionese/Columi/Rakata, Battlemaster/Recruit, and War Hero/Elite War Hero armor designs had these people too. But just because some (or even the majority of) players think armor is ugly, doesn't mean that there aren't those who like them. ;)

Even I think about half of all the gear above that I mentioned is ugly, but that doesn't mean Bioware should just remove armor designs from the game. There will always be people who want to wear something, or at least would like the choice of wearing it, and it is not apparent (to me at least) why Bioware would actively deny us that choice, when it would actually be just as easy to give it to us.

The hard work of the Dev's to design this armor is already complete. The work of implementing it into the game is already complete. Players already wear and use them.

Why take it away from us? :rak_02:

Edited by Swissbob

Fully in support of this! The tionese and columi have the energized and exotech schematics that look like them but they are ALL BoP.

Useless! Rubbish!

A BioWare response would be nice on this! Stop trying to ruin crafting and for once try and make it better!

Felix, do you know whether or not Exotech and Energized sets are being taken out of the game? If they are removing Tionese/Columi comms and Tionese/Columi armor from HM FP's, and replacing them with "Basic" and "Classic" comms and Campaign armor, I would suspect they would remove these as well. :(

Any word from either Bioware or anyone who knows about the fate of all of these Armor Designs? :rak_02:

Felix, do you know whether or not Exotech and Energized sets are being taken out of the game? If they are removing Tionese/Columi comms and Tionese/Columi armor from HM FP's, and replacing them with "Basic" and "Classic" comms and Campaign armor, I would suspect they would remove these as well. :(

Any word from either Bioware or anyone who knows about the fate of all of these Armor Designs? :rak_02:

I'm not 100% sure if they are taking out the schematics or not, though even still the gear is BoP. My guess is that they will be removing them because the new gear dropped will be black hole gear. Though the crystals/coms are all being converted. Any spare unassembleds will be traded for the new coms.

I'm pretty sure I seen a vendor on the republic ship where the combat dummies were, that sold really old gear like the champion PvP armour etc. I'm not sure which items he sold but I do remember them being very old pieces.

^On the PTS.

I'm pretty sure I seen a vendor on the republic ship where the combat dummies were, that sold really old gear like the champion PvP armour etc. I'm not sure which items he sold but I do remember them being very old pieces.

^On the PTS.

Was it for credits? Is this the shining hope we were looking for? The PTS is down I think now so we can't even confirm for sure. Guess we'll just have to wait, on baited breath.

^On the PTS.

:rak_02:

That's super exciting news!! For Credits? Or for Classic/Basic/Elite comms? Or for something else? Even if it's just a possibility, it still gives me hope! Can Bioware or anyone confirm this?

Now I do know that there is a vendor on you Faction's Vanguard vessel that will appear on 2.0, that lets you trade unassembled Tionese/Columi/Rakata/Battlemaster armor pieces for Classic Comms... (You have the armor piece, and you give it to the vendor for the comms, not the other way around) Is this what you're talking about? I hope it isn't. :(

Source

Picture of Vendor

Let me know if this is what you meant or not.

Regardless, your post got me a little bit excited. :D

Edited by Swissbob

If this is even remotely true, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. I (as well as plenty of others!) would like a confirmation that they even know this is something we want!

I would buy it as well! Grudgingly, but I would! ;)

Having them in the Cartel Market is better then not at all, but I would hope we'd see them in-game for credits. :D

Thanks for the bumps. :o

Anyway, found something that some might be interested in. Came up in a couple other threads that Elite War Hero might not be removed in 2.0. Instead, it will be a very-easy-to-get set for level 55's, (even easier then the entry level "Partisan" set) basically the new "Recruit" set for level 55's. Just a rumor and the general consensus is that this is incorrect and Elite War Hero will be removed, since it wasn't on the PTS.... But hey, who knows!

Just another thing we can wait on Bioware to confirm or deny. ;)

Edited by Swissbob

Add me to the list of people who wants to see a stop to armour being removed from the game.

Updates making old armour sets obsolete? Fine! No problem!

Updates meaning we lose the chance to ever wear that armour shell again? Not fine! Problem!

Add me to the list of people who wants to see a stop to armour being removed from the game.

Updates making old armour sets obsolete? Fine! No problem!

Updates meaning we lose the chance to ever wear that armour shell again? Not fine! Problem!

You have now been officially added to the list! ;)

Thanks for the support guys! :D

(Oh and Orlesian, I fully support your Sig ;) )

I agree seeing old armors dissapearing completely would be lame, but last I looked WH can be crafted {albeit a different color than what can be had with comms}. I mean let us not forget about the crafters. Once the WH vendor is gone {like the BM before it} crafters that actually purchased the schematics {via whatever method} will still be able to craft these. Granted you will need a certain valor rank to wear them {assuming this does not change also}. Of course those schematics do not include the belt and bracers sadly {not many, including myself, ever liked that part}.

Suffice to say as many have guessed....we can expect them on the CM to further trivialize crafting....and in the case of WH, the valor req. As to the Rakata deriviatives...I concur they need an alternate way to be gotten since they cannot be crafted. But let us not forget the crafters....they have been marginalized extensively, in my opinion, since the beginning.

I agree seeing old armors dissapearing completely would be lame, but last I looked WH can be crafted {albeit a different color than what can be had with comms}. I mean let us not forget about the crafters. Once the WH vendor is gone {like the BM before it} crafters that actually purchased the schematics {via whatever method} will still be able to craft these. Granted you will need a certain valor rank to wear them {assuming this does not change also}. Of course those schematics do not include the belt and bracers sadly {not many, including myself, ever liked that part}.

Suffice to say as many have guessed....we can expect them on the CM to further trivialize crafting....and in the case of WH, the valor req. As to the Rakata deriviatives...I concur they need an alternate way to be gotten since they cannot be crafted. But let us not forget the crafters....they have been marginalized extensively, in my opinion, since the beginning.

You are right, but the BM and WH pieces on the GTN could disappear at any moment... (An exaggeration of course, but still, it is unreliable).

Maybe, instead of returning the armor designs to the game, they could return cheap Schematics for crafters. That way there is an indefinite supply of them, as new crafters will come and learn the schems, instead of old crafters slowly dying off.

Edited by Swissbob

I understand and agree with OP. For some reason BW goes nuts when they make changes. They remove gear like you said, they mess up pve abilities due to problems in pvp, they remove stunned attacks. All things that are unnecessary and overboard. Leave the old armor graphics in, there was no point in removing em, balance your pvp in the warzones and on pvp servers, and go ahead and add new abilities and tell players that can't manage to just remove what they don't want from their hotbars. They should add, but never take away unless there's danger of some exploit or something similiarly dire.

I understand and agree with OP. For some reason BW goes nuts when they make changes. They remove gear like you said, they mess up pve abilities due to problems in pvp, they remove stunned attacks. All things that are unnecessary and overboard. Leave the old armor graphics in, there was no point in removing em, balance your pvp in the warzones and on pvp servers, and go ahead and add new abilities and tell players that can't manage to just remove what they don't want from their hotbars. They should add, but never take away unless there's danger of some exploit or something similiarly dire.

Couldn't agree more.