2.0 Juggernaut PvE Vengeance Guide

BigjoeHoe

NOTE: If there are any class changes when 2.0 drops i will update videos ASAP

Hello everyone i'm a big PvEer and i'm very good at my DPS role i spend most of my time raiding and bettering myself as a player so i also notice that a lot of people could just use a Good PvE DPS Guide to there class so please check out my YouTube Channel and see your Main toons video and check videos for your Alt also, i hope my videos help everyone and for the Hardcore players i hope my videos can also better yourself.

Also too i'm not a up tight butthole i'm open to new things if you like me to try something leave a comment on my channel PLEASE Like my videos and sub More SWTOR Videos coming soon.

Please no Trolls

Couple things. First, don't use Ravage or Vicious Throw right when you proc, unless the situation calls for immediate burst. With the changes to Sundering Assault, it is better to make sure that Shatter, Impale, and Force Scream are on CD first. This makes both your direct damage and bleed up-time more efficient. Basically, you will be using Ravage and Vicious Throw procs during filler stages. This will make you require a lot less use of Assault and Vicious Slash. If done correctly, you will almost never have to use Assault unless you get very unlucky with procs.

Secondly, Pooled Hatred is not useful in most boss fights, and should be replaced by Deafening Defense unless fight mechanics make good use of it.

For Vengeance PvE, I would suggest picking up the 2-piece Marauder set bonus instead of the 4-piece Jugg. With regards to the new fights, there are very few fights that don't allow you to make full use of the Ravager proc, and so long as you are consistently churning out Ravages, that 8% increase works out better than the 8% on Scream.

For Vengeance PvE, I would suggest picking up the 2-piece Marauder set bonus instead of the 4-piece Jugg. With regards to the new fights, there are very few fights that don't allow you to make full use of the Ravager proc, and so long as you are consistently churning out Ravages, that 8% increase works out better than the 8% on Scream.

I would actually agree with this looking at the new set bonuses. I dont know why the 2-set Vindicator gives the lowered Saber Throw range I personally think thats useless for PvE but having both 2-sets is still much better

From what I understand though having the 2 piece set from the Marauder set will give us 2 armorings that are medium armor, or is my source wrong?

I was led to believe that in 2.0 the armor rating will be tied to the armoring, hence the Marauder armorings will be medium. If I'm wrong, awesome.

From what I understand though having the 2 piece set from the Marauder set will give us 2 armorings that are medium armor, or is my source wrong?

I was led to believe that in 2.0 the armor rating will be tied to the armoring, hence the Marauder armorings will be medium. If I'm wrong, awesome.

On the PTS, this was not the case, though to be quite frank, so what if it did? On a DPS Jugg, I would take medium armor without a second thought if I had to to get that set bonus.

The armorings all have a base Armor Rating that is then adjusted/modified based upon what type of shell it is placed into.

I would actually agree with this looking at the new set bonuses. I dont know why the 2-set Vindicator gives the lowered Saber Throw range I personally think thats useless for PvE but having both 2-sets is still much better

I wouldn't call it useless. It isn't the best set bonus we could have, but it certainly has situational value. Plus, it allows one to be lazy at times, if one so desires. :D

Edited by ssfish

• 2 weeks later...

That is very wrong

Yeah it's sort of odd. prior to 2.0 it was critical as the extra rage filled a gap when it was most needed. now Im not sure...haven't done any serious raiding since the patch, but I feel like im swimming in rage atm (though I do have sporatic dry times....guess it comes with the new cycle.

I'm still waiting for final judgement...but definitely looking at the Mara 2 pc.

Yeah it's sort of odd. prior to 2.0 it was critical as the extra rage filled a gap when it was most needed. now Im not sure...haven't done any serious raiding since the patch, but I feel like im swimming in rage atm (though I do have sporatic dry times....guess it comes with the new cycle.

I'm still waiting for final judgement...but definitely looking at the Mara 2 pc.

With the new mechanics for our class, I'm finding that there have been several times were I've had terrible luck with procs, so I'll be sitting at 2-3 seconds until Sunder comes off CD, I have 3-4 Rage, and all of my abilities aside from S.Throw are on CD. My options become: 1. Hit V.Slash and then have to use Sunder before going into my big hitters (which should also be coming off CD), or 2. Hit S.Throw, gain Rage, hit Impale or Shatter (which ever one's coming up) and maybe get a Ravager proc to keep things flowing (and also saving Sunder for a moment when I actually need the rage).

The big thing to note here is that the delve on S.Throw is pretty similar to that of V.Slash for damage: it as a wider range, so it's a little more random, but not significantly so. So I either spend 2 rage, or I gain 3 rage, and do about the same amount of damage. And with some of the new fights where the bosses have huge hit boxes (bosses 1-3 in S&V), it's really not that practical to run out to 10m range to use S.Throw.

[so I can easily picture the scenario that I'm trying to describe, but I don't know if I translated it to words well enough to get the point across.]

With the new mechanics for our class, I'm finding that there have been several times were I've had terrible luck with procs, so I'll be sitting at 2-3 seconds until Sunder comes off CD, I have 3-4 Rage, and all of my abilities aside from S.Throw are on CD. My options become: 1. Hit V.Slash and then have to use Sunder before going into my big hitters (which should also be coming off CD), or 2. Hit S.Throw, gain Rage, hit Impale or Shatter (which ever one's coming up) and maybe get a Ravager proc to keep things flowing (and also saving Sunder for a moment when I actually need the rage).

The big thing to note here is that the delve on S.Throw is pretty similar to that of V.Slash for damage: it as a wider range, so it's a little more random, but not significantly so. So I either spend 2 rage, or I gain 3 rage, and do about the same amount of damage. And with some of the new fights where the bosses have huge hit boxes (bosses 1-3 in S&V), it's really not that practical to run out to 10m range to use S.Throw.

[so I can easily picture the scenario that I'm trying to describe, but I don't know if I translated it to words well enough to get the point across.]

Then I guess that explains the need for the 2-pc Vindicator set as we'll need the decreased minimum range for sabre throw in order to have that filler during boss fights. Furthermore, it's a good rage builder as many of the fights in HMs and ops like S&V require me to start fighting at close range. I'll definitely get the marauder armorings, as a boost to ravage is always a good thing.

Then I guess that explains the need for the 2-pc Vindicator set as we'll need the decreased minimum range for sabre throw in order to have that filler during boss fights. Furthermore, it's a good rage builder as many of the fights in HMs and ops like S&V require me to start fighting at close range. I'll definitely get the marauder armorings, as a boost to ravage is always a good thing.

After running some S&V, I'm convinced that the first 2 new set pieces I get will be Vindicator's. I can compete and do well enough without the 8% Ravage bonus, but I just don't see myself having a fluid rotation without that zero range throw anymore.

Of course, I then will get the Ravage set bonus - as much as I like Rage spec in 2.0, I can't see myself running it enough to warrant the 8% scream bonus.

This - the short saber throw range helps our DPS a LOT. So much so that im running 63 armouring until i get two pc of Ark armour. without it there are many flat patch where you got spam assult and drop your dps off.

After running some S&V, I'm convinced that the first 2 new set pieces I get will be Vindicator's. I can compete and do well enough without the 8% Ravage bonus, but I just don't see myself having a fluid rotation without that zero range throw anymore.

Of course, I then will get the Ravage set bonus - as much as I like Rage spec in 2.0, I can't see myself running it enough to warrant the 8% scream bonus.

makes sense. good thing is i don't have to worry...it was always a priority prior to 2.0, it still is. it's just easier to get now :)

except that saber throw is now essentially a point-blank rage builder that does more damage than assault

This - the short saber throw range helps our DPS a LOT. So much so that im running 63 armouring until i get two pc of Ark armour. without it there are many flat patch where you got spam assult and drop your dps off.

The only bad thing about having 63 armorings is that you are sacrificing strength which helps your damage and bonus damage which lowers your dps. Some of you may think oh yeah the 2k- 3k saber throw is worth keep 4 armorings and i builds rage but i use my sundering assault much as i can but low on priorities just so i can build rage and have more dps. i was at 1600 dps but now at 2000 because i'm using the 66s and 69s armorings. But i'm still experimenting by doing math with parse data and formulas (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615111. use the formulas not the charts me and my friends find the charts wrong but the formulas are correct for bonus damage, accuracy, etc).

The only bad thing about having 63 armorings is that you are sacrificing strength which helps your damage and bonus damage which lowers your dps. Some of you may think oh yeah the 2k- 3k saber throw is worth keep 4 armorings and i builds rage but i use my sundering assault much as i can but low on priorities just so i can build rage and have more dps. i was at 1600 dps but now at 2000 because i'm using the 66s and 69s armorings. But i'm still experimenting by doing math with parse data and formulas (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=615111. use the formulas not the charts me and my friends find the charts wrong but the formulas are correct for bonus damage, accuracy, etc).

Initially, I did replace my lower-level armorings with 66 and then 69; however, I found my DPS went down because I wasted time filling in with assault, when I could have used saber throw. How do you fill in when everything is on cool down?

I still have 2 63 armor pieces (keeping my 5 second Enrage redux until I can get my 2-piece ravage bonus), and am parsing 2600-2700. The difference between 4 63 armor pieces (for the old S.Throw bonus) and 4 72 armor pieces (with no set bonus) is (4 * 16) 64 strength. That amounts to less than 30 Bonus Damage. According to the thread linked, it is actually 12.8 bonus damage. Though my (crude) experiments have indicated a slightly higher amount, it is still largely insignificant.

A change of only armorings (especially when you are talking 66/69s) is not going to result in a 400 DPS increase. Other changes (even if only an improvement in rotation) would be necessary to explain that sizable jump in DPS.

Edit: Of course, changing the armoring in your offhand is of critical importance as it increases Force Power as well, but as that armoring does not relate to set bonuses, I've not considered it for my comments above.

Edited by ssfish

I really haven't worried about so much assault (unless it the dummy, there you do make a point) because in Scum and Villainy with a lot of the mechanics involving moving I haven't worried so much about the saber excpet when i'm about to jump at adds like the Thrasher or Titan 6 fight everything is off cooldown except saber throw. Also some damage increase may have come from getting a rotation down. My rotation is Saber throw Force charge Sundering Assault (build a little rage) then Ravage, Shatter, (unless my ravage procs) Impale, (unless my ravage procs again), Force Scream, Smash, sunder assault/assault, and then it just repeats.There may have been other factors that increased my dps but I can't think of them right now. Also I put my two points that can be played with into Unstoppable so that ravage can get fully off and with Scum and Villainy it helps.

I really haven't worried about so much assault (unless it the dummy, there you do make a point) because in Scum and Villainy with a lot of the mechanics involving moving I haven't worried so much about the saber excpet when i'm about to jump at adds like the Thrasher or Titan 6 fight everything is off cooldown except saber throw. Also some damage increase may have come from getting a rotation down. My rotation is Saber throw Force charge Sundering Assault (build a little rage) then Ravage, Shatter, (unless my ravage procs) Impale, (unless my ravage procs again), Force Scream, Smash, sunder assault/assault, and then it just repeats.There may have been other factors that increased my dps but I can't think of them right now. Also I put my two points that can be played with into Unstoppable so that ravage can get fully off and with Scum and Villainy it helps.

A suggestion on your opener, if you are open to input: S.Throw > Leap > Ravage > Shatter > Impale > Scream > V.Throw > Ravage. Don't go immediately into your second Ravage if you get the proc. Build up bleeds, get Impale and Scream rolling their CDs, then hit Ravage. There's a 9 second window after the proc where you won't get another Ravager proc, so you're better served by front loading your other abilities before the second Ravage. Exhaustive testing/parsing has led me to the conclusion that this is the ideal opening rotation.

Just be aware this is a basic guide for any newcomers to start them off so please feel free to add comments to the videos and making the guide better just be sure its gonna be good info if you decide to put your 2 cents in.

There's a 9 second window after the proc where you won't get another Ravager proc, so you're better served by front loading your other abilities before the second Ravage. Exhaustive testing/parsing has led me to the conclusion that this is the ideal opening rotation.

Alright i'll try that the next time I do Scum and Villainy. Also for accuracy rating you need about 450 accuracy rating for melee to be at 100% and force to be at 110%

At Arkanian tier (69), you want to have 6 accuracy pieces (enhancements, implants, earpiece). This puts you at 99.97 accuracy rating. At Underworld (72), its a bit more complicated. 5 accuracy pieces puts you at 99.51 or something like that, which is too low for my liking. But, a 6th piece will put you over 100, wich is a waste. What I've done is use 5 accuracy pieces with an accuracy augment, which puts me at 99.91... my parses show a much bigger improvement than the .4% that one should see with regards to miss/resist rate.