No love for stealth in PVP

TeamMemberTwo

The system of scoring seems biased against stealth era unless they camp for defense medals or shrug of stealth to go straight dps or heals.

I've gotten used to it, but there have been a number of matches were my stealthing made the difference and we won the match. I'll not sit here and say I'm asking full credit, the whole team contributes. But there have been some matches where stuns, stalling and other harassing techniques unsettled the other team so our dpsers and such could to their jobs better.

Now with all that, you don't get medals, damage or heals and therefore no MVP votes. You only get to bask in the silent glory of a job well done.

Sucks to be a stealther sometimes.

I enjoy winning more than basking in my pug teammate's affection.

I only have lowbie stealth classes at the moment, but it's a lot of fun to cut off reinforcements with tranq darts to secure a few extra seconds for our team to pop a node/door and then pop in and out of stealth to hold a node when 6-7 people think they've stolen it back.

Such gratification.

MVP votes are worthless anyways. No worries.

The system of scoring seems biased against stealth era unless they camp for defense medals or shrug of stealth to go straight dps or heals.

I've gotten used to it, but there have been a number of matches were my stealthing made the difference and we won the match. I'll not sit here and say I'm asking full credit, the whole team contributes. But there have been some matches where stuns, stalling and other harassing techniques unsettled the other team so our dpsers and such could to their jobs better.

Now with all that, you don't get medals, damage or heals and therefore no MVP votes. You only get to bask in the silent glory of a job well done.

There is no love for 'stealth' in pvp because you dont get any medals from it?! SInce when medals or 'mvp votes' <--- lol... count for anything?

Stealth is probably one of the most powerfull tools in pvp, because you have the chance of chosing your battles, and catching your foes in surprise.

My main is a Deception assassin, and the utility i can offer to the group is more than enough.

If we win ancient hypergate because a stealher or two ninjacaps the other pylon, I surely check who they were by checking who's at the enemy node on the map and mvp them. Quite often, this isn't the case, though.

Also it almost shames me to do something that helps the team and then look like a horrible player in the end stats... Especially in Ancient Hypergate, if it's clear that the only way for our team to win is to ninja the enemy pylon, I'll start using almost all my time in the enemy pylon, hoping for an opportunity to ninja it. Now, if someone sees me in there and gets me out of stealth/I fail in the ninjacap, I'll may get more deaths than kills, and if I don't die, it probably looks like I did nothing at all (since even a cap doesn't give you that much objective points, not to mention if I won't be able to cap).

I'd get far more medals by guarding or even by killing people at the mid.

Solid Stealth will outright win War Zones; I honestly have not lost a Civil War (Lowbie) all weekend thanks to the ability to control the enemy cap. Send a decent Op with my Sin and it is basically game over, we can hold the node neutral indefinitely unless they send 5 players, which is game over either way.

Only 1 or 2 Defenders? That has resulted in an opening Three-Cap twice today alone...

Stealth, when used properly, is second in importance only to a solid Healer in War Zones.

And if you are using it correctly you should have 5-8 Medals within the first five minutes...

Stealth gets no love? You guys can run to cap a node without having INC called on you, you can hide and defend against cappers, you can escape from battles that are going bad, and you can camp out in the endzone in Huttball to let someone Guardian Leap to you.

Stealth has HUGE utility, especially against ranged DPS. A Gunslinger's survivability depends on keeping melee off his butt, and stealthers can run right up to him without being attacked.

both stealth classes can either taunt or heal, allowing medals for protection and healing respectively

plus as stealth you spend part of your time stealthed, but beyond getting into optimal position - you should actually be assisting in combat.

Edited by jolleebindu

No idea what you're talking about.

Stealth is a means to either get objective points, kills, or stay alive. What else would you get medals for? Just being in stealth? Do something with the stealth that helps win the game and you'll get medals easily.

The idea would be for more fair medals given for objectives I think. Though it's honestly a lot better since they added all the attacker and defender medals. Still sucks that you have to get 8 medals to get full credit for the warzone though.

I was in a CW the other day, where one lone stealther said he was going grass (the non-natural node for us). My guildee said that guy would get his vote if he solo-capped. Long story short (please, no "cool story, bro"), the dude got it. Guildee in vent is like, "Sorry, man. I gotta give that guy my vote." He got mine as well. So, stealthers do get love sometimes.