How long will Jung Ma survive after paid server transfers?

Belacose

Kind of funny but a group of people (with toons on multiple servers) were talking about how they wish they could move all their characters to Jung Ma if server transfers were allowed.

Guess it just depends on which side you think the grass is greener. I also dont really see the need for a super heavy server population.

Good luck on your new server to all that leave though!

When your main goal is to pvp, do ranked and level alts purely through pvp, then yes there is a need for a super heavy pop pvp server.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people like the players on this server and would like to keep playing with them. BUT if the only reason you play the game is to PvP like myself, that's not enough to keep you here. Because of that I do think a good portion would transfer off to PoT5 but i doubt there are enough PvPers with that mindset that will leave to tank the server. I agree with most that making xserver pvp would fix this issue entirely but nothing seems to suggest that is going to happen.

Not everyone wants to just do "warzones."

Only Solution=Transfers

Edited by Jonoku

I guess we will see what happens when they do officially announce transfers. My guess? PvPers are VERY unhappy here and they'll be the ones flocking off. Some PVE'ers may, depending on their guild's success. Then you'll have the mix up of people wanting to be with friends coming or going, bla bla bla.

I think JungMA will both benefit and suffer. It's definitely a bit better than what it was prior to F2P. Lets see what this 'expansion' does for us, I guess? Haha!

Why leave? Just because we have 200 less people on fleet doesn't mean we are dead "dead" was pre F2P when we had 60 on fleet during prime time now we have 150

Plus from what I have found we have one of the best community. We defiantly have a ton less trolls and more civil player base.

Why leave? Just because we have 200 less people on fleet doesn't mean we are dead "dead" was pre F2P when we had 60 on fleet during prime time now we have 150

Plus from what I have found we have one of the best community. We defiantly have a ton less trolls and more civil player base.

While I do think this server has a more mature audience, you are wrong about the 200 less people on fleet. I have never seen 2 instances of imp fleet on this server, rarely above 150. On Pot5 where I mostly play, there are consistently 3 fleets and sometimes even 4 (about 200 to 250 people per instance). So 200 people less is a vast understatement.

While I do think this server has a more mature audience, you are wrong about the 200 less people on fleet. I have never seen 2 instances of imp fleet on this server, rarely above 150. On Pot5 where I mostly play, there are consistently 3 fleets and sometimes even 4 (about 200 to 250 people per instance). So 200 people less is a vast understatement.

QFT. I just recently got a 50 over there so the fleets are a huge difference.

Our entire guild switched to PoT5 months ago and glad we did. Just want my Jung Ma toons now. Hopefully the RP'ers have have a good core wanting to stay.

My only regret to leaving we're a lot of the guys in gen chat were terrific guys to chat Star Wars with. Just couldn't take the long WZ ques.

Good luck to all you guys.

I'm aware of the pros and cons. The cons are enough to convince me to leave.

I just came back, after a year vacation from this game. I was on another RP-PvP server, Ajunta Pal. I'm happy with the population here. It seems better than the +2 months after release date population on my old server.

The ratio of Imperials - Republics seems to be about the same. 5-3, or something in that ballpark.

Quality over Quantity? XD

I knew that was coming next lmao. Yea, more to it then population of why I'm leaving. I'm not trying to stir up anything IMO I haven't seen Jung Ma quality since I've came back.

SideNote: That quote has many meanings. Just because I have it in my sig doesn't mean it has anything to do with begging for transfers.

Good on ya though. Best of luck when you do leave.

Already left for months now, just a matter of xfering chars.

Edited by Jonoku

Apologies I was using a number given by a friend

The point was that your using NYC as the standard and calling the rest of the world a ghost town because they aren't as populated as NYC

I knew that was coming next lmao. Yea, more to it then population of why I'm leaving. I'm not trying to stir up anything IMO I haven't seen Jung Ma quality since I've came back.

SideNote: That quote has many meanings. Just because I have it in my sig doesn't mean it has anything to do with begging for transfers.

Already left for months now, just a matter of xfering chars.

Not to be rude but if you've been gone for months why are you here pushing to break up JM?

I understand you want your chars but really you have been on this xfer campaign for months

We had six+ instances of makeb which is just our 50+ population

I'm sure PoT5 had more but six instances of anything is healthy

Coruscant & Taris have had multiple instances recently

... and then comes along Cross Server Queues!

And all this server transfer squabbling will be all for naught!

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Bioware doesn't even use the full version of Hero Engine. They are using the beta version and always have been. The paid version of Hero Engine is now Hero Engine 2.0 It is an upgradable system so it would be great if Bioware ever ponied up for it.

Not to be rude but if you've been gone for months why are you here pushing to break up JM?

I understand you want your chars but really you have been on this xfer campaign for months

We had six+ instances of makeb which is just our 50+ population

I'm sure PoT5 had more but six instances of anything is healthy

Coruscant & Taris have had multiple instances recently

My intention isn't to break up an entire tight knit community(I obviously have no control over other people's decisions). My intention is to move, to have fun, and consolidate my characters. Population is somewhat of a factor, but population doesn't matter without the quality.

Fyi, I only came back to the game the past December played on Jung Ma for a bit....then I was like damn......then I left the server.

• 4 weeks later...

TBH it may even benefit from paid server transfers - maybe it'll cut down on the astounding number of trolls and PVP#1RPsux flotsam that is polluting the server. There are many that turn-off/ignore General Chat to avoid the toxicity, and have been turned off Grouping.

Now when I mean polluting I mean that they are harming the community of Jung Ma in ways that many might not see - think of how the Ignore function works and how it keeps you from grouping with people on your Ignore list. Think about how that'd affect waiting times for a FP in which the matching system tries to match up 4 players not 'Ignoring' each other... I'm not sure if it factors into WZ since I can only go from an experience not to my knowledge running into any of the flotsam on my Ignore list.

If some of the more toxic or trolly players leave to other servers you may actually see a postive increase in the level of community interaction - RP, PvP, PvE particpation

The upshot of our low population is that it burned away much of the casuals and f2p and left a high concentration of better players (mostly)

Here I can hit solo q and regularly end up on team of valor 80+ fighting an imp team sporting several conq and warlord titles. The ranked pops may be few but the solo q here can sometimes be almost like ranked without voice chat.

You go to Pot5 and hit solo q and you'll want to shoot yourself 2 mins into the first warzone.

The upshot of our low population is that it burned away much of the casuals and f2p and left a high concentration of better players (mostly)

Here I can hit solo q and regularly end up on team of valor 80+ fighting an imp team sporting several conq and warlord titles. The ranked pops may be few but the solo q here can sometimes be almost like ranked without voice chat.

You go to Pot5 and hit solo q and you'll want to shoot yourself 2 mins into the first warzone.

What are you smoking? I play on JM and Pot5 and the players on JM are just horrendous! Just because you have a high valor rating doesn't make you any better.

Is this a joke? Now i will say i only have 1 alt on Jung Ma to play with friends, and my main is on PoT5. On PoT5 we do have alot of bad players (pvp) because theres just so many people. But theres also many good, and some great players. On Jung Ma it seems like the few good players play together, and the rest are ok. Not to many really bads. I am not here to say one server is better then the other (if i had to pick id go with Pot5 because i like to be tested, and do ranked), im just saying it depends on what you are looking for.

Zoom i think youre probably just a guy who likes q'ing. Nothing wrong with that man. I would say dont knock PoT5 because you enjoy fast q pops and average pvp.

Like the previous 2 posters said......is this a joke? Your now crossing that line....bashing people calling them casuals that are leaving? really? Don't start drama and/or server wars, its pointless really. Keep an open mind of things, look at people's perspective, we all have different perspectives. I understand your perspective and your worries and I haven't bashed you or call you names for liking Jung Ma or deciding to stay on it.

I've been reasonable and stated my view and my opinion. I'm leaving on a good note, I'm not bashing anyone, I respect all the players on here if not most.

P.S. I like your optimism and I understand that your trying to keep as many players here as possible because of the fear of having a dead server. Server Transfers are coming soon and I wish you nothing but the best man.

What's the RP community planning on doing with the upcoming server transfers?

It seems the server atm hasn't become the most friendly server to RP on, does that mean people are going to be leaving to seek a more friendly RP community? or are the RPers planning on staying to maybe try and keep the community together?

I'm just trying to get an idea on what people are doing since i've enjoyed my short time on this server RP'ing with the excitement of open world PvP, knowing that a BH could be coming for me at anytime to collect a bounty or that one of my Mando rivals has called me out to gain lost honour.

To me, it just helped add to the whole RP experience and made it that much more enjoyable (Don't really want to go back to PvE with no open world action). But with the threat of the upcoming server transfer theres the potential the community could suffer again for a second time (Heard the transfer before hurt this server pretty badly) and if that does happen it would be good to know if I should maybe start looking for another server or ignore this whole thing continue playing here.

I'm leaving Jung Ma when transfers come. I only have one character, a level 27 Powertech that I want on Ebon Hawk with the rest of my characters. I'm not a big fan of the pvp aspect of the server, but I wish the server's community well when transfers come. (You guys won't miss me. I'm at zero valor and I don't rp. Who knows why I made characters here...)