[Knight spoilers] Light-side storytelling bias and how it ruined the story for me

SW_display_name

What ruined the JK story for me is that you spend literally months in the Emperor's thrall, and no one, not the Republic military, not the Jedi, not even that dude on the Council who thinks your plan is stupid think to say "Hey, this Jedi just spent months being the emperor's slave.... maybe, just maybe, they should undergo a ton of psych evaluations and rehab?"

All the hubris, none of the punishment. It's terrible writing.

Yeah, it was pretty much ruined for me in Act 3. There was potential for some really great story during your time with the Emperor, but the way it was rushed/glossed over and then forgotten about was quite disappointing to me. I understand why - it had to fit the same structure as the other classes, but yeah...

Especially given the events of the consular storyline (occurring at the same time, after all...), you'd think the Jedi Council would be a little more cautious. :D

Walks into cantina.

Bartender: What would you like to drink?

(Light side) Water

(Dark side) Beer

Jedi Knight: I'll have a beer

*bartenders head suddenly explodes causing a ton of skull shrapnel to kill all your jedi friends and loved ones*

Walks into cantina.

Bartender: What would you like to drink?

(Light side) Water

(Dark side) Beer

Jedi Knight: I'll have a beer

*bartenders head suddenly explodes causing a ton of skull shrapnel to kill all your jedi friends and loved ones*

This is kinda what it felt like, and I just dont understand people trying to justify this kind of bad writing, that being said, I was very irritated at the mission format on Corellia, there were triple the filler missions and driving around that any other planet, it really hurts the whole experience.

As for Var Suthra, Praven and all the outer rim Jedi dying on me, I was sad by it, but at this point I know Bioware will never continue class stories so I know that I was never going to see any of those characters again anyway even if they made it out alive.

I played it dark and light side (Sent & Guard) and loved both. Why would a dark jedi care about some of his competition (fellow jedi) dying? More dead Jedi means more power for me! Satele didn't agree :(

I wasnt dark and the outer rim jedi died on me too, doesn't really matter in the end, the class stories are never gonna be continued anyway, we're all the OUTLANDER now.

Note that "Dark Side Jedi" can mean a lot of things. I played my Jedi as militant and ruthless, but not greedy, disloyal, or anti-Republic. So basically Sergeant Rusk with a lightsaber.

Wound up as Dark Side V mighty quick, but the story worked out great and the character didn't feel crazy or anything.

Edited by Excise

All the stories seem to have their poorly written parts, especially when it comes to the Dark Side/Light Side end of things.

Free Watcher X (who seems to be wrongly imprisoned) and it's Dark Side. Kill him and it's light side.

Kill Mia Hawkins who you were told to kill after you were done with her, and it's dark side.

The Dark Side and Light Side choices basically seem to be "writers whim"

• 2 weeks later...
All the stories seem to have their poorly written parts, especially when it comes to the Dark Side/Light Side end of things.

Free Watcher X (who seems to be wrongly imprisoned) and it's Dark Side. Kill him and it's light side.

Kill Mia Hawkins who you were told to kill after you were done with her, and it's dark side.

The Dark Side and Light Side choices basically seem to be "writers whim"

With Watcher X, you have to remember, while he was wrongly imprisoned he is obviously unstable and highly dangerous at this point.

Wasn't Mia Hawkins the one that leaves before you get a chance to kill her?

With Watcher X, you have to remember, while he was wrongly imprisoned he is obviously unstable and highly dangerous at this point.

Wasn't Mia Hawkins the one that leaves before you get a chance to kill her?

She didn't leave for me. She's the one on Tatooine. You get a chance to let her go, but at that time it's chapter one and you can still be a loyal Imperial Agent, since you haven't been brainwashed yet for doing your job.