8/10 character customization

10/10 story

9/10 class quests

5/10 world quests

7/10 group heroics

9/10 flashpoints

8/10 crafting

6/10 combat

Math on the above 9 categories.... 7.55555555556~ rounded up to my above 8/10.

Alexis

*smiles*

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi Consular is way to anal retentive. The story needs a rewrite at the very least. After I say the korny lines I actually feel like I'm in a B movie. If Geroge knew how bad the writing for that one area was, he would've never signed off.

On the other hand Smuggler is a blast. The lines suit me just fine. I don't like the emphasis on this whole light side, dark side, and the acquisition of points. To me it makes the player feel boxed in. Most times in a game I go with impulse - whatever feels right for that particular moment.

Lol George Lucas is the king of bad writing. Did you see the prequels?

I'm really enjoying zapping people with lightning from my fingers-

That sith lord Zash is really hot-

Would love to see some minor UI tweaks and/or simply be able to move a couple of pieces to better fit my 3x1 screen lineup; I'd also like a grace period for d/c-

I've had no problems w/ login issues and queues are to expected- easy to deal with by simply popping open a beer and pulling out a book-

But all in all a lot of fun- certainly enough for me to put all my other games on the back burner for now. Entertainment money well spent.

11 / 10 story ( as compared to the 'story' of other mmos )

8/10 graphics. ( they're good enough, but once you've seen Skyrim... )

Skyrim...is/would be impossible for current tech to do with tens of thousands of players running around. Give it 5 years or more then when Skyrim The MMO comes out, people will be saying it's not like Elder Scrolls 9 lol.

I couldn't possibly review an MMO. I'm not that shallow.

But I will say this, I've never been this pulled in by an MMO. Let alone at launch. All my money, bioware can have it. Just, please... don't pull another blizzard.

Ugh.... pandas <_<

Few days ago i would give it 7/10

5/10 right now, more i play lower score it gets..

On a powerful gaming rig ive bought recently i get low fps drops

random disconects into huge queues

Gameplay is fine until about lvl 20- Taris, where starts the bugs fest

Lots of grphic glitches, green poligons, getting stuck in open field

Im archeologist, 1/3 of crystal nodes are bugged

Skills delay in warzones

Im lvl 34 atm, and im slowly losing my will to play, its like everytime you are about to enjoy the story/combat etc the problems start.

Lots of vital game features missing

Im seriously thinking to unsuscribe after the free month and maybe give it one more chance in half year or so, unless im hooked up with another game...

Untill then League of Legends ftw!

8/10 overall.

With categories like

6/10 character creation

8/10 character customization

10/10 story

9/10 class quests

5/10 world quests

7/10 group heroics

9/10 flashpoints

8/10 crafting

6/10 combat

Math on the above 9 categories.... 7.55555555556~ rounded up to my above 8/10.

Alexis

*smiles*

I'm sorry good sir and/or madam.

But I think I'd give character customization the worst score possible. The body type choices are just...childish at best. The 'race' choices as well.

I can be a child sized human, a normal buff human, a steroid using hulk, or....a poorly proportioned fat man.

As far as races? I can be a human; a human with horns; a human with a perma-bluetooth; a blind human; and a blue human with head...reproductive organs.

On top of that, poor facial hair/implant/hair/facial structure options make my character look like a guido with years of poor plastic surgery regardless of options.

10/10 for Story(its BW can't expect anything less)

overall gameplay? 5/10 Its decent but not super well polished and nothing new. IF you've played WoW or many other mmos you know how to play this one just harder to find rotations without combat logs.

Endgame? No idea but from what i hear is its lacking and its a carbon copy of many mmo endgames but won't rate anything on that.

Prolly go like 7/10 overall. Was expecting some cooler Gameplay changed but for now its really fun anyways because of change of scenery but once that wears off it'll set in

How the youth have been brought up. WoW has basicly ruined every other MMO there is and will be.

There weren't any combat logs when WoW first came out. You had to wing it. Now its "this rotation" "That rotation". Work rotations out for yourself.

Think about your abilities, You shouldnt have to rely on addons to do your job. Use your eyes and brain.

9/10, played wow, war, eve, STO, aoc, never have I been all that interested in pve always put me into a vegetative state. This game though gives me great incentive to pve, even some of the side quests are a blast and the flash points and heroics are really fun too. The pve is quite challenging on the later planets and u really have to think before u act. The story is like kotor but x1000 on crack, so much bigger and it truly feels incredibly epic, the musical score is easy 10/10 the've done a great job on this game. It can only get better as time goes on, good sound advice and logical critiques will make this game the king of mmos. I believe we need to steer end game from nothing but raids though, good pvp and new lvl caps with great storylines. I'd like companions to have some real cool story lines also.

4/10

and it is closer to a 3/10

Basing their MMO on a good story they did not write, graphics based on that story they did not write, no matter how great it looks, sounds, or is, it fails in the presentation to the paying public.

They had 7 days of EGA to get their act together for release, if as was espoused they had 2,000,000 preordees sold, and playing in EAG, they did waves of releases to get a handle on deployment, and could still not be ready for a few more on official release day, how does that get them any where 10/10?

If having 2M players, 7 days of stats, and still unable to keep queues time to less than 30 min, they are seriously lacking in any kind of intelligent design or development on how to deploy for 100,000 much less 2M +.

Being 1079 in a queue on a server I did not choose, and not having a transfer option to a low pop server does not give points it subtracts points. And why, in their development was not a transfer option here form day one? I see they knew queues were going to be a problem, and they were going to work on it, and for us to be on the lookout for them, so they knew it would be needed, so that option should be here from day 1, and not just fro character, but guilds too. If they did a prelaunch guild placement, there should have been a method to move guilds to other servers as a tool to help balance server loads.

Pre-planning is simple since they all they had to do is even be remotely aware of any launched MMO in the past 10 years to see what is/has/can be done.....

I'm sorry good sir and/or madam.

But I think I'd give character customization the worst score possible. The body type choices are just...childish at best. The 'race' choices as well.

I can be a child sized human, a normal buff human, a steroid using hulk, or....a poorly proportioned fat man.

As far as races? I can be a human; a human with horns; a human with a perma-bluetooth; a blind human; and a blue human with head...reproductive organs.

On top of that, poor facial hair/implant/hair/facial structure options make my character look like a guido with years of poor plastic surgery regardless of options.

I do not believe you can speak for me. and though your post seems to give a rating of your own it also "seems" to indicate you think me "wrong".

The thread is entitled what would YOU rate it. So I did. Dislike my rating, rate it yourself (which you did). But my rating is not WRONG, it is my opinion. And no yank cunny is going to change it by telling me what for.

I, personally, give char gen a 6/10. End of story.

Alexis

*smiles*

Edited by Caille

9/10.

Solid game so far, deep storylines, fluid combat especially with lightsaber fighting.

Good gfx for an MMO, very little bugs at this stage of the game.

Everything i expected i got, and more.

A fresh new take on the MMO genre, with quests that are actually interesting for a change.

I havent been this immersed into a game for a very long time.

I think every MMO fan should at least try this game out, since its quite obvious as it is now that its up there in the top dogs off MMO's.

I can't wait to see what they will add to the game, the options are limitless.

The que issues dont bother me at all, after all its only been out a couple of days and things are bound to settle.

Not only that but its more likely player's fault than it is Bioware's, especially the early access folks who could have easily moved after only putting a few hours/days into characters.

Either way, very solid game thats worth every penny

+++

Story,

amount of classes,

companions,

quests never boring,

not too many quest´s at a time,

nice atmosphere,

game runs very smooth with 100 fps on max details,

no addons allowed,

no LFG tool,

characters look nice,

voice acting,

game is actually very challanging, I can hardly do the 2men heroics alone - mostly need help of another player and his companion,

Tank in pvp can actually protect his team

----

Cant turn on AA, if I do my lightsaber does disappear,

cant max the graphic settings like draw distance for tree´s and grass (it just pops up),

Error 9000,

community that does demand a second wow, with addons, LFG and general boredom,

no information about a patch that is fixing the AA and pop up problem,

can only take 1 companion with me at a time, as a tank I would like to have a healer + dps but I can only take 1 of them :(

I definately consider playing this game for a longer time, it all depends on how the community will handle the game. If it turns into another wow, then I am out. I am just sick of those young kids with Gearscore, dps - healing meters and xrealms.

Edited by RachelAnne

Overall game feel: 6-10 Combat is generic, world feels a little dead, music is hit miss in its usage, worlds are nice in general.

Story: Mixed bag here. The Empire ones tend to be far more interesting then the Republic ones.

The Jedi have awful stories. Jedi Knight is an almost formulaic hero story and the Consular is the "well we already have the hero so... um... you go do this other stuff." story.

At least with the Sith they are coming from vastly different points of view to begin with.

Really name one game with a better launch? This is the smoothest launch I have ever seen. People must have unreal expectation and then come here acting like the are a gaming pro and know all the ins and outs. I have to give this game a 9/10 especially when I compared it to wow. I love the complaints about end game especially when it has been out a week at most. Good luck finding something better because I don’t see it happening. GW2? Please that has been done a million times will not be what this game will be.

Questing

Awesome environments

So many abilities

Reactional combat

No spamming (mage)

Needs a more intelligent player

Server stability

Limited number of bugs

ImprovesUI need to have a scale slider

Every part of the ui should be moveable

Could use a personal DPS meter than cannot be whispered, /say, /party to anyone and only measures the individual and nobody else.

People who have seen a better launch please say what game cause none of the big name ones have been this good.