Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cartel Reputation

Greenify

Which pack is better to buy with regards to getting rep/cartel market certificate?

I have not been able to allow myself to buy any (yet) so this is not an informed answer, but I am going to guess the one that costs more coins.

I have not been able to allow myself to buy any (yet) so this is not an informed answer, but I am going to guess the one that costs more coins.

The cheaper one also had a medium reputation in it as did the expensive one.

Only the two newest packs include Contraband reputation. These are the Regulators and Enforers packs and they cost slightly less than the first shipment of packs. The rep items and certificates all drop off the same table but you are guaranteed one of the four (certificates are rare).

Hope this helped.

• 2 weeks later...
Only the two newest packs include Contraband reputation.

Hope this helped.

Wait what, all the packs don't give you Contraband reputation ? WHAT ?

How do you know for sure which ones do or dont ?

Bought the Crime Lords cartel pack for 360 $coins before reading this and got black useless coal and bunch of other dumb crap.

What a rip off, guess they want you spend like 500$ a month just to gain some Contraband reputation ?

http://s22.postimg.org/4nk44g7kh/scam.jpg

Contraband packs(shipment 2) give contraband rep. Shipment 1 has no rep bar.

I believe they also stated that each individual shipment would be a different reputation bar and progressed by buying the different shipments, so Shipment 3 will be "Hutt's Little Brother's Tree House" reputation.

When you check what the packs contain it says the newest 2 have an additional rep item in them. I wish they had back filled the rep certs and such as if you want Revans mask you have to buy the enforcer to get the rep and certs or you can by blockade and pray you hit the jackpot. Plus the GTM is flooded with the newer items like the skiffs.

Or as pointed out many times on here you can sell the packs for credits and buy the items. Personally I like the roll of the dice :)

I believe they also stated that each individual shipment would be a different reputation bar and progressed by buying the different shipments, so Shipment 3 will be "Hutt's Little Brother's Tree House" reputation.

My Shipment pack gave 0 Zero Rep

Avicii says newest 2 have an additional rep item in them. , but Im not seeing any

Vandicus says Contraband packs(shipment 2) give contraband rep. Shipment 1 has no rep bar.

Sorry confused. I guess basically have to buy only

Enforcers or Regulators to get REP ? wow buying same two over and over lol

thanks for the feed pack, they should really include the TEXT "REPUTATION GAINED" in the packs

Edited by Wolvgar

My Shipment pack gave 0 Zero Rep

Avicii says newest 2 have an additional rep item in them. , but Im not seeing any

Vandicus says Contraband packs(shipment 2) give contraband rep. Shipment 1 has no rep bar.

Sorry confused. I guess basically have to buy only

Enforcers or Regulators to get REP ? wow buying same two over and over lol

thanks for the feed pack, they should really include the TEXT "REPUTATION GAINED" in the packs

I think it's because those two packs came out after the Rep system went into effect, and the others just do not have the item listed in their drop list.

The Reputation items are random, they're not a guaranteed drop.

WOW, and you only need 36,000 points or something

and its a dice roll but playing with real $ ?

oh well, maybe they improve it one day, before the servers close completely

Thanks for clearing that up for me TATILE and other

Yeah, there aren't many people who are happy with the way this has been implemented, but Bioware doesn't seem to care.

The best bang for your buck if you're mainly going for the cartel reputation would be to buy the Regulator's Pack as it's exactly half the price of the Enforcer's Pack yet both just contain one, and only one, reputation bonus.

Actually they ARE guaranteed to contain the rep items: http://www.swtor.com/blog/cartel-market-shipment-two-contraband-packs

Cartel Market Shipment Two: The Contraband Packs

With Game Update 1.7.2, the Cartel Market is introducing our second Shipment of packs: the Contraband Packs. These brand new packs will contain an all new collection of items, different from those in our first Shipment (the Cartel Packs). The first two packs in this shipment are the Enforcer’s Contraband Pack (320 Cartel Coins) and the Regulator’s Contraband Pack (160 Cartel Coins). Into these new packs we have crammed many new items: amazing lore gear, noble garments from the houses of Alderaan, new Jawagrams, and the quirky Rascal’s Toothpick. As if that wasn’t enough to make your mouth water, we’ve added a new item slot to both packs, bringing the number of items you get from an Enforcer’s Pack to six and from a Regulator’s pack to four. This extra slot will include a Contraband Resale Corporation Reputation item, granting loyal Cartel Market users access to even more exclusive items!

Read on to preview the possible items in the Enforcer’s and Regulator’s Contraband Packs…

Both Regulator and Enforcer pack have guaranteed drop of Green, Blue or Purple Reputation increase item OR Cartel Reputation Certificate.

None of the other pack drop the Reputation items. All you need to to is read the bloody description before whining on the forums

The best bang for your buck if you're mainly going for the cartel reputation would be to buy the Regulator's Pack as it's exactly half the price of the Enforcer's Pack yet both just contain one, and only one, reputation bonus.

Having now opened many of both I would say regulator is better for rep and the other for rares. Both the packs have reputation item EVERY time but the certificate will replace the item if you get it in a pack.

Also banned holovids will be your bane if you go for rep in this.

Having now opened many of both I would say regulator is better for rep and the other for rares. Both the packs have reputation item EVERY time but the certificate will replace the item if you get it in a pack.

Also banned holovids will be your bane if you go for rep in this.

Thanks !

and thanks for the great feedback every one !

Both Regulator and Enforcer pack have guaranteed drop of Green, Blue or Purple Reputation increase item OR Cartel Reputation Certificate.

None of the other pack drop the Reputation items. All you need to to is read the bloody description before whining on the forums

no it dose not NumNuts, go troll some place else . LOL

even took screenshot to prove so you didnt even look

• 6 months later...
What do these Reputation points do?

They seem pointless to me.

Those factions have their reputation vendors (like any other reputation faction) that sell some unique items, all the vendors of these 2 cartel factions are located in the cartel bazaar i believe.

These vendors also sell some unique cartel items (if you got enough rep with them) from cartel packs that are no longer available like Revan's mask but one needs a certain ammount of so called 'cartel market certificates' for that and those can only be gained from cartel packs, but if your somebody who wants for example Revan's mask then that might be a better way to get it then spending a quadrillion credits on gtn.

I understand 'cartel market certificates' but that's not what I am on about, Just the reputation points. One of my characters has the maximum amount you can have and have been to the cartel bazaar, but still cart buy anything from the reputation vender. cartel market certificates & reputation points are different things. certificates I can use, in fact got Mira complete uniform with them, reputation points don't seem to work with the rep vender for them. Edited by DreadtechSavant

I understand 'cartel market certificates' but that's not what I am on about, Just the reputation points. One of my characters has the maximum amount you can have and have been to the cartel bazaar, but still cart buy anything from the reputation vender. cartel market certificates & reputation points are different things. certificates I can use, in fact got Mira complete uniform with them, reputation points don't seem to work with the rep vender for them.

There are two different rep vendors, two different factions. You might have maxed the reputation for one and not the other.

OK, having just come back to the game, the whole Cartel thing is still confusing me, so hopefully one of you gents can give me a straight answer.

I want a Resplendent Crown of Avarice for one of my characters.

A: Can this be bought on the GTN or do you have to personally buy it from the vendor?

B: If the latter roughly(I know there's an RNG element at play) how much real cash would it cost to get rep up and get the certificates to access that item?

C: Roughly how many ingame credits would it cost to achieve the same thing?

Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.