Kaliyo and Ensign Temple *Spoilers*

Eillack

To sum up my situation:

I married Kaliyo not long ago (I've had her 10k afection for months now, but I finally got her to this point in my story)...I mean her and my sniper got a long a lot and she somewhat redeemed herself for cheating on me earlier on in her romance...and I just finished my last convo with her.

.....but now I have Ensign Temple at 5k+ affection already within a few hours and I'm at the point where I either go with Temple and devorce Kaliyo after I made her go through all the change in her character, etc throughout my story, or I tell Temple to step off.

I've listened to both reactions and both almost make me feel like a monster and makes me sad a bit honestly. For me, when I choose something, I commit to it, and in all honesty I would never be a dick in real life and leave my wife for new blood.

I want to know what others have done and what happens to story / what do you learn etc if I

dump Kaliyo and go with Temple

?

Edited by Eillack

My friend got Temple romanced and married first and told Kalyo to take a hike. I personaly will tell Kalyo to take a hike.

How was your friend's experience with Temple? Was her overall story bette rthan Kaliyo's in their opinion?

I leveled 3 agents, married Temple first, then married Kaliyo on the second, then neither on the third.

Kaliyo has a much better story arc, because she's there with you from the beginning, and you actually get to go out and do real quests with her. Temple is kind of an afterthought kind of companion...she goes off and does things with no involvement from your character. My personal opinion is that while Temple is kind of cute and sweet up front, she's not nearly as fun as Kaliyo, and Temple definitely has a "dark side" as well. I was honestly a bit angry about what she ends up doing, as I really didn't expect it and had no input. At least with Kaliyo, you can actually talk her out of doing things. :p

But when it comes to the whole marriage thing, just do whatever your heart tells you. You used to be able to finish Kaliyo's romance entirely before romancing Temple, but I think they might have fixed it so you have to choose one to finish either of them.

It's funny that you mention the number of agents you made influencing your decisions. I made a female operative first and knowing how things will turn out, I made a male sniper recently and have played to those scenarios.

Unlike the first time around, I'm actually making Kailyo mad and losing affection for making more "professional killer" choices than "profiteering opportunist" choices. Many of her dialogue choices, in particular early on, make much more sense now and I'm in general being less understanding and lenient of her lapses in judgement (apart from her incessant booty hunting).

On Topic: Since I've powered all my other companions up to 10k affection and had clusters of dialogue options become available at once, I've decided to go a different route this time. I'm going to let their affection naturally rise and fall to see how it plays out. I think the pacing of the story will be much better and i won't have a level 48 mission in my log several levels before I can actually complete it.

Since I don't actually need to complete their stories, I think I'm going to level Kailyo and Temple hanging ... probably forever.

Edited by CharlieBrown

I did exactly this. Married Kaliyo and then married temple. You do not get the option of a divorce therefore are something of a polygamist, although:

Due to the nature of your job and Temple's history the 'marriage' to Temple is never official. You get one 'hurt' comment from Kaliyo (but lose no affection).

Like you this was something I thought about alot, but once it was done it seemed like much less of a big deal than perhaps I was envisioning.

Hope that helps :)

I did exactly this. Married Kaliyo and then married temple. You do not get the option of a divorce therefore are something of a polygamist, although:

Due to the nature of your job and Temple's history the 'marriage' to Temple is never official. You get one 'hurt' comment from Kaliyo (but lose no affection).

Like you this was something I thought about alot, but once it was done it seemed like much less of a big deal than perhaps I was envisioning.

Hope that helps :)

I think they might have made it so you can't do it that way anymore. On my third agent, once I got to a certain point in Kaliyo's affection, even though I hadn't really romanced Temple yet, she had a quest where she made me cut it off with Temple before it even really started. But then maybe, if you max out Kaliyo early enough without getting any affection or quests from temple it's still possible. The guy who wrote the agent story definitely thought of every angle, I remember someone mentioned here that they even had Kaliyo try to get you to ditch Temple way later in the story since they already had a relationship with Temple going and held off from getting affection with Kaliyo until that point.

There's no conversation stating you divorced kaliyo. As far I'm concerned I'm married to the both of them. I was hoping to do the same on my warrior but he wasn't a pimp like my agent. Edited by Frostbyt

There's no conversation stating you divorced kaliyo. As far I'm concerned I'm married to the both of them. I was hoping to do the same on my warrior but he wasn't a pimp like my agent.

This can happen if you start a relationship with Temple during the time that Kaliyo is "away".

But if she's on the ship, you do in fact break up with Kaliyo in conversation.

Regardless, once you start a relationship with Temple, your romance "flag" with Kaliyo is gone, in a technical sense.

My thoughts:

It depends on how your character feels. In general, if they're dark side, Kaliyo is a better fit, and if they're light side, Temple is a better fit. Someone's going to have bruised feelings either way. Make it up to them with companion gifts and move on. My character started about 50/50 light/dark, then veered light side as the story went along. He started with Kaliyo, then Raina came along just after Kaliyo cheated on him. Good timing, that.

Just curious, did this happen recently, or a long time ago? I thought they had fixed that "exploit".

I'll find out soon enough. For me, Temple's next mission is the one asking me to either pick her or Kailyo. I haven't completed it yet, as Kailyo's affection is waaaaaay lower than Temple's (my 2nd agent, and I like pissing her off).

When i get her back, I'm going to max Kailyo's affection and see how the whole thing pans out.

I romanced Kaliyo (or she romanced me, really) but never flirted with Temple, as she's more of a protege. I never faced a definitive "choose Kaliyo or Temple" conversation.

This would have been like 9 months ago, though.

• 1 year later...
For the record, as of this week (in November 2014), I have married both Kaliyo and Temple. Additionally, I have also married Yana-Ton on Voss. My sniper is a polygamist.

How did you do that?? How can you marry both of them ? Do i have to Romance Kaliyo first and marry her or do i do Raina first? or is there some sort of trick to wait in specific dialogues