Why can't I create a Wookie?

Dozer

Well, you see, when a mummy Wookiee and a daddy Wookiee love each other very much, they share a very special hug ...

Long story short: if you're not a mummy Wookiee or a daddy Wookiee, you can't create a Wookiee.

:p

(Also, you couldn't speak Basic if you were a Wookiee character; imagine how annoying that'd get after about an hour).

In addition that Wookies are extremely poor with the Force (no. Lowbacca DOES NOT COUNT as canon. I refuse to recognize him as canon) and they have 2-3 times the strenght of a normal Humanoid.

Plus, the only Wookies who wear pants or clothes in general are senators. In addition to public decency issues, it would make very hard to respect canon and have them wear armor.

Let me put it in terms so you can understand it:

Rrrrraugh rawrooooonk graaaaaaaaar grolgrolgrol rarr. Graaaaaaaaaaaarunkwrooooooaaaaarrrrr raaaaarrwroarrrr RONK! RONK RONK RONK! Rarrghrorrghrurrgh WRARGL RONK!. ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!

RAARRRRBLE wrarargh grar ROARGL blurgh. Arrrrrrrooooooooooooggh. Rooooeeeeergl Blooooeeeeergh.

Translation: Your mother is a classy lady.

Plus, the only Wookies who wear pants or clothes in general are senators. In addition to public decency issues, it would make very hard to respect canon and have them wear armor.

Hu? What do you mean by the "only" Wookies who wear pants? Does this mean that all this time, during the whole original trilogy... Chewbacca was flashing us???!!! :eek:

Edited by zorroazul

Yes, as you can see plainly in movies, Chewie is wearing his fur, a belt and a bandoleer.

As female wookies have six breasts and the same lack of clothing, you can see why, thankfully...oh well, you see what I mean.

Edited by Angedechu

Why can't you create a Wookie? Probably because you're not one of the game designers. I'm sure everyone has their personal preference regarding things they'd like to see in the game, but they can't really just cater to everyone's personal preferences. This topic has been covered over and over. If you use the search feature to search the forums for the term "Wookie", then you'll have your answer in about 2 minutes.

There's no real reason. The biggest hindrance a Wookie would pose for developers would be its off-kilter character model, but it's the sort of hurdle that's perfectly within the grounds of circumvention.

The fact that they don't speak Basic has been thrown around as an obstacle, but that's easily fixed as well: universal translator. Or a Basic Language chip (which, by the way, is actually in-game: there's a Nikto called Bolan on Belsavis that mentions it).

That said, there are plenty other species BioWare could tackle which would be a lot easier to develop and would pay just as many dividends.

Edited by Machine-Elf