Pvp arena 2v2 3v3 4v4

Storlorden

We need RWZ arena 2v2 3v3 4v4. It sems to be hard to get 8man RWZ going. And most of them only que when thy se a pug rwz is forming in general chat. Only to face role them. Or when 2 guild set a day to do rwz.

That would require a major rebalance in classes and constant balance. Not gonna happen with the current swtor state.

I don't think 2v2 would work but I would be fine with 3v3 or 4v4 but as the above poster mentioned there would need to be near perfect class balance for this to work and who knows when that will happen.

The game can never be perfectly balanced anyway.

They don't have to balance arenas, nor give ranked comms if they feel that it's not balanced, but people are forming 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 etc tournaments themselves, so why not implement something that there is a lot of demand?

No, bad idea arena.

We should have.........

Rated Warzones offering rated comms and open to teams of 4 or 8 to set up, so 2 random 4's can join together and have much more chance it working out.

Wz's pug should be singles only and random and this battering to total boredom of organised 8 big hitters vs so often 6 or 7 random anythings......so infuriating...................pvp 11-49 is where its at UNTIL THEY SORT 50 OUT.

No, bad idea arena.

We should have.........

Rated Warzones offering rated comms and open to teams of 4 or 8 to set up, so 2 random 4's can join together and have much more chance it working out.

Wz's pug should be singles only and random and this battering to total boredom of organised 8 big hitters vs so often 6 or 7 random anythings......so infuriating...................pvp 11-49 is where its at UNTIL THEY SORT 50 OUT.

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

That would require a major rebalance in classes and constant balance. Not gonna happen with the current swtor state.

classes in this game are good balance i thing there is more problem with gear gap then classes. and i think one of the srongest set up will be tank and healer not too smachers/aoe thy becom mor powerfull in biger groups. too stealth will be a good duo to. balance melee vs range that will be a design of the arena how kite frendly it will be.

The PVP community could use some more options. With large scale open world pvp is out of the question (due to engine limitations), arena looks like it might be a nice addition.

And honestly how would this not fall under the lore of Hutt Gladiator Arena? I would like to see a map of they type of Huttball, maybe 1/2 the size, but with the 3D map and traps (new ones would be cool).

Make your own event in Outlaws Den, It happens on PoTF a good bit and a good turn out, with good prizes

While that would be closer to what I'd be looking for I don't think the location would be conducive to many of the classes.

Edited by jolleebindu

If the pvp gear system doesn't revolve around arena and it is done just for kicks and fun then np,implement it.Otherweise pvp balance will be destroyed and cookie cutter min-maxing builds and setups will appear and repeat the whole boring scenario in wow.

In other words do arena for fun,not because you have to - to get pvp gear,so you can do proper pvp later.

Make your own event in Outlaws Den, It happens on PoTF a good bit and a good turn out, with good prizes

or just do this

All in all its a bad idea that should be at the bottom of the priority list.Better create new warzones,operations and flashpoints instead.

Edited by Kaedusz

classes in this game are good balance i thing there is more problem with gear gap then classes. and i think one of the srongest set up will be tank and healer not too smachers/aoe thy becom mor powerfull in biger groups. too stealth will be a good duo to. balance melee vs range that will be a design of the arena how kite frendly it will be.

You may think so, but that's something you don't really know. There are comps 3v3 and classes which would be left out, and then you have also to balance according to metagame shifts (often from other balance patch, or adjustements to some game mechanichs, ie surge). WoW devs thought the same (the game well, was quite balanced at that point) but it had been taking a lot of resources to maintain balance in the game when you have to take into account arenas, warzones and pve. The three of them at the same time. At one point they practically gave up and made "1 spec for pvp, 1 spec for pve + plus spec for whatever we feel like).

About comps, you may asks fellahs in the forums, because i think we all have had our own "arena" experiences in this game.

Right now there is only one guy doing the balance, so you can guess why i said it's not practical or realistic to think they will add them.

Edited by Keldaur

Seriously *** is wrong with u guys who not want arena in this game? they are adding new operations and pve stuff in every major patch it feels like, while we pvpers never getting anything new (except gear), the world pvp quests on illum was a step in the right direction, but then when the pve event ended so did the pvp quests, why is that? cuz they cuddle pve'ers thats why... they should implement pvp quests (maybe not lvl 50 on all planets but at least on the planets with lvl 50 dailys) in every pvp area of the game IMO.

About arena it would be soo cool if they added it and i know MANY who agree with me on that point, and to u guys who do not want it, its pretty simple: leave the arena to those who wants to do it if u feel so worryied about it. Pve'rs shouldnt even have a vote on this kinda stuff cuz we never complain about new operation mechanism and stuffs like that.

The only things this game is missing is arena first and foremost, and secondly more world pvp. World pvp could be soo easy to implement, just add all the pvp vendors to the western ice shelf on illum and some kind of reward system, like 5-10 wz comms per kill, abit of valor and some pvp quests maybe even ranked world pvp quests. Arena is imo the most important thing to add to this game and that could be very easy to implement as well. As a start just make smaller versions of the already existing pvp maps like the middle turret of alderaan civil war, or the middle space of the huttball map, or the bridge of voidstar ( ;) ) for example.. Other than this 2 missing things i love the pvp in this game.

Seriously *** is wrong with u guys who not want arena in this game? they are adding new operations and pve stuff in every major patch it feels like, while we pvpers never getting anything new (except gear), the world pvp quests on illum was a step in the right direction, but then when the pve event ended so did the pvp quests, why is that? cuz they cuddle pve'ers thats why... they should implement pvp quests (maybe not lvl 50 on all planets but at least on the planets with lvl 50 dailys) in every pvp area of the game IMO.

About arena it would be soo cool if they added it and i know MANY who agree with me on that point, and to u guys who do not want it, its pretty simple: leave the arena to those who wants to do it if u feel so worryied about it. Pve'rs shouldnt even have a vote on this kinda stuff cuz we never complain about new operation mechanism and stuffs like that.

The only things this game is missing is arena first and foremost, and secondly more world pvp. World pvp could be soo easy to implement, just add all the pvp vendors to the western ice shelf on illum and some kind of reward system, like 5-10 wz comms per kill, abit of valor and some pvp quests maybe even ranked world pvp quests. Arena is imo the most important thing to add to this game and that could be very easy to implement as well. As a start just make smaller versions of the already existing pvp maps like the middle turret of alderaan civil war, or the middle space of the huttball map, or the bridge of voidstar ( ;) ) for example.. Other than this 2 missing things i love the pvp in this game.

Thank you

Arena is imo the most important thing to add to this game and that could be very easy to implement as well. As a start just make smaller versions of the already existing pvp maps like the middle turret of alderaan civil war, or the middle space of the huttball map, or the bridge of voidstar ( ;) ) for example.. Other than this 2 missing things i love the pvp in this game.

You have no idea what you are talking about.... Adding of arenas wouldn't be that difficult, but class balance, now that would require enormous amount of work. If you reference to wow arena then you are doing it wrong:

1. Different games, different class concept.

2. In wow healers or dps could run out of resources (in wow's case mana) In SWTOR running out of resources is nearly impossible (non existent practically because of the small force, energy, heat, ammo pool and fast regen rate)

3. If they try to balance the game revolving about arenas then pve and normal wz would suffer big time.

EDIT: I forgot to add. I wouldnt like arenas in the game.

Edited by TimeBandit_Debel

3. If they try to balance the game revolving about arenas then pve and normal wz would suffer big time.

This is my biggest gripe with arenas. I think arenas would be a very nice alternative for warzones if they do not balance anything around it or add any gear which would give an advantage over any gear available. And certainly they cannot balance anything around arenas.

We already have an arena, it's called 'The Pit'

on the subject, every time in Huttball,Voidstar or Civil War, when I see that our team won and had much less total damage and very much less kills, i Think 'damn, team play on other side sucked, we deserved to win, glad it's objective gamplay not stupid deathmatch'.

Why reward mindless damage?

We already have an arena, it's called 'The Pit'

on the subject, every time in Huttball,Voidstar or Civil War, when I see that our team won and had much less total damage and very much less kills, i Think 'damn, team play on other side sucked, we deserved to win, glad it's objective gamplay not stupid deathmatch'.

Why reward mindless damage?

It would be a separate thing with nothing to do with objectives. I mean playing objectives for me gets incredibly bland after a while but maybe thats since I guard nodes all the time.

It would be a separate thing with nothing to do with objectives. I mean playing objectives for me gets incredibly bland after a while but maybe thats since I guard nodes all the time.

Heh, I get that a lot... Every time I see that 16k hp sorc/merc guarding pylon standing right next to it... not to mention operatives/assassins who guard unstealthed 'because they run very slow in stealth' I'm puzzled how the heck they got to 50th lvl..