Give APAC players a free lifetime subscription

Dire-Wolf

As a sorry for screwing you over repeatedly. There's apparently not enough of us to keep our servers open or even merge them into one server, so I'm sure giving the few of us left a free lifetime subscription won't hurt your bank balance too much.

How about they don't dissolve our servers?

When you boil it down, it's simply not profitable for them to operate APAC servers. And BW/EA is not a non-profit organization of real-life Jedi from Australia, funding TOR out of some strange religious requirement.

It's a business.

If more APAC players existed, then there wouldn't be an issue in keeping the servers running. But, there isn't, so the point is moot.

As a sorry for screwing you over repeatedly. There's apparently not enough of us to keep our servers open or even merge them into one server, so I'm sure giving the few of us left a free lifetime subscription won't hurt your bank balance too much.

And a pony. Also, thin thighs. And World peace. You owe us at least that much. :rolleyes:

When you boil it down, it's simply not profitable for them to operate APAC servers. And BW/EA is not a non-profit organization of real-life Jedi from Australia, funding TOR out of some strange religious requirement.

It's a business.

If more APAC players existed, then there wouldn't be an issue in keeping the servers running. But, there isn't, so the point is moot.

If you go to TORstatus and compare the population of APAC servers you'd actually see it IS profitable. Going by the fact that the average Aussie's annual wage is MUCH higher than that of an American, we can only assume there's more Cartel Coins per person purchased and a higher rate of subscribers versus F2P as well. Running one AU server would be cheaper and easier on their end after the swap and it would be very profitable. A majority of people I know have either unsubbed or are waiting around for the next few days to see if they decide to change their minds before unsubbing. Surely this is not the profit you speak of.

Maybe more APAC players would exist if they gave us the server we're asking for?

If you go to TORstatus and compare the population of APAC servers you'd actually see it IS profitable. Going by the fact that the average Aussie's annual wage is MUCH higher than that of an American, we can only assume there's more Cartel Coins per person purchased and a higher rate of subscribers versus F2P as well. Running one AU server would be cheaper and easier on their end after the swap and it would be very profitable. A majority of people I know have either unsubbed or are waiting around for the next few days to see if they decide to change their minds before unsubbing. Surely this is not the profit you speak of.

^QFT

This is totally the best solution. I'd already switched since I'd got tired of ghost-towns and sad, empty GTN and it's FINE. The lag is not actually bad at all. The only thing I regretted was leaving my character behind and now they're fixing that with transfers for APAC so yay.

If only we could choose the servers we wanted that would be icing.

Stop whinging, basically. You're not getting shafted you're just moving to the big city.