The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

space missions

Achelleskill

for a lot of people the difficutly of the 'hard' missions was not hard enough. The new mission difficulty is good for that. I like that they are difficult and hope they do not make them easier. There are easier ones, there should always be content in a game that is extremely challenging, not content you HAVE to do, but content you can do if you want that kind of challenge.. These new missions were always listed and considered to be 'hard mode' space missions, and if they were any easier, there would be no point.

hi all jsut completed ragnant station assault with new difficulty and i must say it is very hard took me 4 attempts.

a) dont bother with bonus missions--we just dont have the missilie capacity to complete alot of them now. in addition i was not shooting my lasers enough because they were on recharge mode for alot of the time: so you end up with alot of space ships unkilled on your screen, which compounds the problem.

b) missile satilites that were taking me 3 missiles and some laser fire to kill-now take 6+ missiles and laser fire.

c) the sith ship took me me over 20 missiles cause i was so banged up that i needed to keep shields on full charge.

so atm my view is that they have taken it to the extreme. the rewards dont justify the time spent on it.

that being said my solution would be to tone the difficulty level down some but not to pre patch levels, because they were simply to easy before. Why? ragnant is one of the easier ones, not looking forward to doing the others eg thanium disruption.

This thread does not belong in this subforum, and has already been adressd anyways, a few months ago. The conclusion was: get more skill.

Please note that as far as I know, space missions themselves are currently completely bugged, I've been physically unable to log into the game for a few days though so I cannot give exact information regarding that, only what I read on the forums.

hi all jsut completed ragnant station assault with new difficulty and i must say it is very hard took me 4 attempts.

a) dont bother with bonus missions--we just dont have the missilie capacity to complete alot of them now. in addition i was not shooting my lasers enough because they were on recharge mode for alot of the time: so you end up with alot of space ships unkilled on your screen, which compounds the problem.

b) missile satilites that were taking me 3 missiles and some laser fire to kill-now take 6+ missiles and laser fire.

c) the sith ship took me me over 20 missiles cause i was so banged up that i needed to keep shields on full charge.

so atm my view is that they have taken it to the extreme. the rewards dont justify the time spent on it.

that being said my solution would be to tone the difficulty level down some but not to pre patch levels, because they were simply to easy before. Why? ragnant is one of the easier ones, not looking forward to doing the others eg thanium disruption.

Must be a bug or they are stupid. in order to take down a bomber you need to spend 4 missiles + 10 seconds of firing you lasers . Is really going to work when you need to take down 30 bombers down as well as 3 frigates during cabal station. others can be done but you need to skip the bonus missions and use shield regarce non stop. Upping the difficulty has cut down content by a lot

Must be a bug or they are stupid. in order to take down a bomber you need to spend 4 missiles + 10 seconds of firing you lasers . Is really going to work when you need to take down 30 bombers down as well as 3 frigates during cabal station. others can be done but you need to skip the bonus missions and use shield regarce non stop. Upping the difficulty has cut down content by a lot

Not to soud like a snob, but L2P. unless they've changed in the past week or two, these space missions are easy. Not saying I can one-shot all of them every time I do them (since I don't do them regularly), but you are lacking some basic space mission skills if you can't complete them.

A: Always roll and move around. Make sure you don't run yourself into a wall though.

B: Always make sure you are using the Power Coverter and have it set to whatever you're currently doing (recharging, shooting, etc).

C: Don't rely on missles. While in offensive Power Converter mode, your shots do a lot of damage...

D: There's usually very specific times you should be using Proton Torpedoes, EMP discharge, and the radar jammer. For example, on one of the missions (I think it was duma strike) you're heading straight down through big asteroids. You'll want to be ready to shoot off a proton torpedo at the capital ship. EMP discharge also has its uses. When you start that same mission (again I think it was duma strike but I'm not 100% sure) and there's three ships next to each other, use it there. You'll eliminate all of the red circles from all three of those ships, making them easy takedowns with your missles (which you need for orange circles, i think)

E: Realize that while some of the bonus missions are put right in front of you (like taking down the jedi ship), others are much more difficult (destroying 80 fighters, etc). Realize that you don't need to complete the mission successfully to get credit for the bonus mission, as long as you do it. Dedicate one run to clearing the bonus mission, if you like codexes.

In summary, most of this is common sense. It still eludes me why people need this told to them... I certainly didn't 1-shot the missions the first time I tried them, but I also didn't immediately come to the forums asking them to be nerfed. Sometimes you just need to practice, or don't do them at all.

Edit: Looking at the posts though, it looks like they may have indeed changed the difficulty of ascendency barrier and all the heroic space missions. I haven't been unable to check. I will be soon.

Edited by idnewton

Actually after the latest patch on 3-26-13, space missions just became weird. Even if you had grade 7 components (blasters or power conversion unit) you could fire at a fighter for 10 seconds and the NPC pilot just goes about his flight pattern. It has been acknowledged in other forum messages that they are looking into it, so it is not a learn to play issue.

I thought maybe it was me so I decided to look on the forums here. Yesterday I noticed I had a hell of a time taking out hte defensive sats for the daily mission. I figured ok, I havent run this mission in a week maybe im a little rusty...but today the same thing. Its taking forever to kill bombers and im not sure I can kill 30 in the amount of time given. After 5 deaths the most I accomplished so far on todays is the bridge, 1 frigade, and 18 bombers.

I didnt read anywhere on the patch notes about a change in difficulty but I will look again to see if I missed something.

The heroic space missions are bugged since yesterday's patch. No notes in the patch notes refer to any changes.

You CAN complete the primary objectives, at least for the daily that occurred yesterday. Not sure about today's, I won't be able to try that one until later.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Make sure to use the grade 5 beam generator. Compared to the grade 7 beam generator (6 shots per second - no other stats), the grade 5 puts out much more damage (9 shots per second - no other stats).

Unless there are hidden stats that I don't know about, this is the go to load out for me. It did take a couple of tries yesterday to finish the daily heroic mission, but I like to equate that to my hands being cold ... :rolleyes:

Edited by Diopter

Actually after the latest patch on 3-26-13, space missions just became weird. Even if you had grade 7 components (blasters or power conversion unit) you could fire at a fighter for 10 seconds and the NPC pilot just goes about his flight pattern. It has been acknowledged in other forum messages that they are looking into it, so it is not a learn to play issue.

Shows how much I've played in the last few days... LOL

It sounds more like a break than an intended difficulty increase.

Make sure to use the grade 5 beam generator. Compared to the grade 7 beam generator (6 shots per second - no other stats), the grade 5 puts out much more damage (9 shots per second - no other stats).

Unless there are hidden stats that I don't know about, this is the go to load out for me. It did take a couple of tries yesterday to finish the daily heroic mission, but I like to equate that to my hands being cold ... :rolleyes:

The grade 7 beam generator is currently broken after the lastest update on 3/26/13. When you load a space mission your ships blaster damage is reduced to 30. Remove the grade 7 beam generator and get at least a grade 5 to replace it. this will fix the problem for now, and you can go back to doing the space missions.

The mission's were not changed or made more difficult it is simply a bug do to the recent update.