Staggered EGA isn't a failure - yet

Esaru

I think it's far too early to tell whether the way they're handling the EGA is a failure or success. It all depends on how long it takes Bioware to get all the pre-orders in.

If everyone is in by, lets say, the 16th or 17th, then the staggered EGA access was a success, and everyone who pre-ordered got at least a few days of head start.

On the other hand, if people are still being let in by the 20th (and some aren't even in yet), then it's a major failure. Personally, I will be pretty upset if I don't get in until the actual release date.

So calm down guys, at least until we see where this is going. It's only the first day of head start (they even extended it two days). It could be good in the end, but it could also be bad. Patience!

Edited by Esaru

The only thing that will determine if this was a success is if server problems are either minor or significantly reduced compared to a normal MMO launch.

Tonight should be a major indicator because of players leaving work/school, but even moreso over the next few days.

i agree but its just frustrating.. i put mine in july 29th and no invite yet, it must be a mind boggling amount of people who did it before me. I thought for sure id get in today.

You're almost guaranteed for tomorrow, though

The only thing that will determine if this was a success is if server problems are either minor or significantly reduced compared to a normal MMO launch.

Tonight should be a major indicator because of players leaving work/school, but even moreso over the next few days.

That's a part of it, not the 'only thing'.