Whats with the kilts?

So, why are nearly all medium leg armor around level 28-31 is either kilts, dresses, or to-the-ankles skirts. Why do we have these? It makes little sense why a Sith would wear a kilt or the likes into battle when it would limit mobility in combat (lore-wise). So if its medium armor, can we just have actual pants for now?

Well, its not a skirt, its a robe.

Also, though i agree that normal leggings would be preferable, but this is a mmo, for a jedi or a sith, there shouldn't be light armor, medium and heavy, there should be just robes, because all their defenses come from their lightsaber and the force itself.

This is why mmos with jedi and sith will never work because you got to balance it with other classes to keep the QQs down to a minimum.

Because some prized genius decided that the archetype for the marauder was Asajj Ventress, who wore long flowing skirts.

To be fair, the only dual-wielding sith extensively visualized, to the best of my knowledge, was Asajj Ventress.

I hate all these kilts. Looks crap compare to actual trousers. I think it helps the distinction between Inquisitor and warrior. Still it doesn't look any good and i agree with the mobility lore part of it, kilts are restrictive for movement and melee based character shouldn't have it.

The "kilts" are actually the lower part of the robe. Since ancient times, robes are a sign of power and nobility, which is the essence of the Sith Warrior, or in this case the marauder mostly.

While true, it doesn't excuse the fact that they look like **** :p

See, that would work if I didn't know this game forwards and backwards.

Sith Archon gear is SITH JUGGERNAUT gear, which drops at the Quesh/Hoth level. I can tell you that without looking online, and having been away from the game for a week.

I get your point, but you just got served.

:p

I can understand how they are lower robes but that still doesn't change the fact that they look bad especially if you dont have a cloak with your armor because you do just look like a inquisitor. First thing mentioned when i am questing with friends is the skirt because they think it looks terrible as well. I used to have a chest robe thing but it didn't go all the way to the ground so it looked sort of medium battle armor/robes which i think should be the look of a marauder, they are a Sith Warrior so they should look like a warrior of the sith but this is my opinion.

Sith Archon gear is SITH JUGGERNAUT gear, which drops at the Quesh/Hoth level. I can tell you that without looking online, and having been away from the game for a week.

While Sith Archon gear is heavy armor, there is a medium armor set (Ancient Ardent Blade iirc) that has the same model with a black/gray color scheme.

On topic:

If you don't like the whole "dress" look for maras just buy yourself a set of moddable trousers, throw some mods in it and you're set.

The point is, robes look kick ***.

Well, its not a skirt, its a robe.

Also, though i agree that normal leggings would be preferable, but this is a mmo, for a jedi or a sith, there shouldn't be light armor, medium and heavy, there should be just robes, because all their defenses come from their lightsaber and the force itself.

This is why mmos with jedi and sith will never work because you got to balance it with other classes to keep the QQs down to a minimum.

It is actually a biologically proven fact that unbifurcated clothing (skirts, kilts, and robes) are actually better for a male's anatomy than are bifurcated clothing (pants, trousers, shorts). This is especailly true for the purposes of Combat when wearing lose fitting unbifurcated clothing such as Kilts and other pleated skirts due to the ability of those garments to allow for more freedom of movement when engaged in combat.

That said, I leveled my Marauder pretty much the entire way wearing a suit of what basically amounts to full plate armor in appearance. Of course I did this by using Orange Customizable gear instead of using the gear awarded for completing quests. This means that I got to wear the more aesthetically pleasing trousers instead of the less aesthetically pleasing skirt.

I hate all these kilts. Looks crap compare to actual trousers. I think it helps the distinction between Inquisitor and warrior. Still it doesn't look any good and i agree with the mobility lore part of it, kilts are restrictive for movement and melee based character shouldn't have it.

The bolded statement shows that

A.) You never watched the movie "Braveheart."

and

B.) You never studied Scottish History.

The Scottish, a culture that was steeped with Warrior Tradition, always fought their battles in Kilts. In fact the Scottish Regiments of the British Royal Army STILL DO have the privilege of being able to fight their battles in Kilts if they want to.

Edited by XantosCledwin

you havent been playing the game for long i would say since there is almost no gear that would be relevant to lore on the empire side situation is a bit better for republic, the main problem is that these armor models are drawn by some 8gth year olds who got no idea about how should sith and jedi look like

The bolded statement shows that

A.) You never watched the movie "Braveheart."

and

B.) You never studied Scottish History.

The Scottish, a culture that was steeped with Warrior Tradition, always fought their battles in Kilts. In fact the Scottish Regiments of the British Royal Army STILL DO have the privilege of being able to fight their battles in Kilts if they want to.

True but Scottish kilts are roughly knee length not to the ground. Robes can be roughly that length like obi-wan or anakin in Ep 3 because it looks like the inner side of robes so it doesn't look too bad. In kotor 2 they added jedi and dark jedi robes but only the more coat side which overlapped the inside of the robes touched the ground.

True but Scottish kilts are roughly knee length not to the ground. Robes can be roughly that length like obi-wan or anakin in Ep 3 because it looks like the inner side of robes so it doesn't look too bad. In kotor 2 they added jedi and dark jedi robes but only the more coat side which overlapped the inside of the robes touched the ground.

define "knee length," because the Scottish "Great Kilt", which is what they wore in the movie Braveheart, was composed of 4.5 to 9 yards (or 13.5 to 27 feet) worth of material (depending on when it was made) wrapped around the body in various ways. If the Scots wanted an ankle length garment, then they could have had an ankle length garment using the Great Kilt. So that really isn't a valid argument. This is far more material than the skirts you see the Sith and Jedi wearing on a regular basis in Star Wars the Old Republic.

Edited by XantosCledwin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.