Republic vs Empire chat

bluesmoosh

I'm relatively new here and there is something I am curious about. My first character was a smuggler, and I noticed that general chat was (mostly) civil, mature, and helpful. Honestly I was shocked having come from WoW. Never once had to /ignore, had some good conversations and made some friends.

Then I rolled an Inquisitor... And well, it was... different. Within an hour I had several people on ignore and I had to start turning off chat. Obviously there are awesome people there but they're drowned out by the many, many career trolls.

I'm not ************ about it, I'm just bored cause the servers are down honestly curious about the difference. Anyone else notice this? What's the deal? Does it have something to do with the "I'm a bad empire mofo" stereotype? Are there just more players empire side? Hmmm...

I'm relatively new here and there is something I am curious about. My first character was a smuggler, and I noticed that general chat was (mostly) civil, mature, and helpful. Honestly I was shocked having come from WoW. Never once had to /ignore, had some good conversations and made some friends.

Then I rolled an Inquisitor... And well, it was... different. Within an hour I had several people on ignore and I had to start turning off chat. Obviously there are awesome people there but they're drowned out by the many, many career trolls.

I'm not ************ about it, I'm just bored cause the servers are down honestly curious about the difference. Anyone else notice this? What's the deal? Does it have something to do with the "I'm a bad empire mofo" stereotype? Are there just more players empire side? Hmmm...

More trolls on imp side

Just find a good guild on Imp side and run with them, its a sad life solo impside

Speaking as an Imp I think there are typically a lot more people on the Imp side that dont have patience, either that or they are playing the RP aspect of the game a little too typecasty....

The pub side is more civil (usually), unfortunately there are a lot of stereotypes that can be taken even in this game. DPS mains tend to get angry the most, Tank mains dont care and Healer mains try to maintain the peace....

I think the number of DPS players appear to be higher on the Imp side as they think they are a one man army (which fits in with the character of a Sith lord)

I don't think it really has that much to do with what class (archtype) you roll. I have sat on pub side fleet before crafting on an alt and watched the /general when a tank main has melted down and gone on half hour rants. I will agree that recently I haven't seen as much trolling in general as I used to in pub chat, and that imp side has been worse than ever. But at the same time I don't care about general chat. I remember when I was first leveling I turned off general chat because there were people spoiling the story line on both factions.

Ever since WoW I have given up on general chat ever being worth having on. Best memories of /general was EQ or DAoC (more the latter because EQ used to be spammed at times with people looking for Spirit of the Wolf). You have trolls on both sides, and I still remember someone typing, "what are you wearing" every time someone asked for help on pub side. So I don't think that one side attracts better people, especially if you go to some of the other servers and see how it is in their chat.