Do NOT Remove Ilum Boosting! I Am Against It!

Talon_strikes

This, and, I would like to actually TRY the Gree event? :rolleyes:

me 2,

i and my friend don't care about green event b4,

now theevent get our attention,

cause we don't like to grind repeated side quests as fools,

so we concur OP.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yes! Patch it! Patch it! The main appeal of this game is the story. If you skip most of it, even the side quests, you're missing over half the game. If it wasn't intended they want to remove it because it wasn't intended. How does that not make sense to you?

if u can make all side quests are new and different content to each alts we rerolled then it make sense, otherwise, shut up. l2read, l2use logic, no 1 want to repeat SAME side stories a dozen times!

if u can make all side quests are new and different content to each alts we rerolled then it make sense, otherwise, shut up. L2read, l2use logic, no 1 want to repeat same side stories a dozen times!

well said sir :)

I'm level 47 doing Ilum dailies with NO PROBLEM. Now I'm ****ed because of the WHINNERS AND NO-LIFERS. :mad:

No offense but they patched it (probably) because of all the ****heads that used it to grind to level 50 from below level 45. So don't blame the "whiners" or "no-lifers" for that.

P.S. You spell "whiners" with one n. ;)

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Gotta love these forums...

"BIOWARE SUCKS THERE ARE TOO MANY BUGS IN THIS GAME!!!"

Bioware fixes a game breaking bug.

"I HATE YOU BIOWARE YOU RUINED MY FUN BY FIXING A BUG"

There are bugs and there are things that fall under the category of "If it ain't broke, don' fix it."

Bolstered leveling did more good for players than it did harm. It's a completely different category.

It's not a bug, it is more like a design oversight.

aka, a "oh wow, we totally didn't' think about that."

DOESN'T NEED FIXING. (give us at least this last weekend, before some cocked-up solution is attempted on the live server)

Also we are in full release of this game, subscription and all. This is not a beta, nobody is obligated to report unintended features that we can all benefit from or save time with.

--------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love these forums...
While you're looking for more topics to troll, I have a few recommendations for you.

THey are all related to illum power leveling.

here's the guy who's wife deleted all his level 50's, bioware rolled back his level 50 characters, and to show his thanks. He's throwing his arm up against everyone who plays SWTOR ( and hes got a bunch of bro dudes who follow him and actually listen to what he has to say):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612847

THE ORIGINAL thread started, the original party pooper. This next topic features the guy who ruined ILLUM power leveling FOR EVERYBODY. This is the thread that grew so big, bioware had to make a response. All the people in this thread are to blame for getting bolster removed from illum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612225

A Copycat topic of the guy who actually got a response from bioware on illum boosting. except this girl is scared out of her mind that she's going to get banned or reprimanded for using something that isn't an exploit. This poor girl, is so suckered into the media hype, and rumors about bans that she didn't notice that Legendary 40 page topic about the same thing, its worded almost exactly the same too.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=613228

enjoy your trolling :cool:

Edited by Falensawino

So, the intent of the double XP weekends was to help people level up faster. Players found a way to level up faster than anticipated, and that is somehow a bad thing?

I finished leveling my 10th character on JC over this past weekend. I did NOT use this method, though I sure would have, had it occurred to me.

For those of us who have seen all 8 stories, leveling more toons is much more of a chore than it is fun. Every quest has been seen and done.

There is a clearly defined, linear, themepark path to level 50 for new comers, or even vets who want to see all aspects of the game (like me). But there also needs to be an unconventional path available. Tie it to legacy, or make it an unlock available after leveling one rep and one imp on a server.

But I really have to ask again, if the intent was to get folks leveled up ahead of Makeb, why the need for an emergency patch to gate people into planet or pvp leveling?

This does indeed seem like a horrible solution because now they've manage to affect a third party, one that had nothing to do with it in the first place, the lvl 45-50's.

And all this for something that directly didnt affect anyone. It's just a matter of envy, that's what it is, and people dictating how others should play the game. Sad.

Edited by MidichIorian

There are bugs and there are things that fall under the category of "If it ain't broke, don' fix it."

here's the guy who's wife deleted all his level 50's, bioware rolled back his level 50 characters, and to show his thanks. He's throwing his arm up against everyone who plays SWTOR ( and hes got a bunch of bro dudes who follow him and actually listen to what he has to say):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612847

THE ORIGINAL thread started, the original party pooper. This next topic features the guy who ruined ILLUM power leveling FOR EVERYBODY. This is the thread that grew so big, bioware had to make a response. All the people in this thread are to blame for getting bolster removed from illum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612225

A Copycat topic of the guy who actually got a response from bioware on illum boosting. except this girl is scared out of her mind that she's going to get banned or reprimanded for using something that isn't an exploit. This poor girl, is so suckered into the media hype, and rumors about bans that she didn't notice that Legendary 40 page topic about the same thing, its worded almost exactly the same too.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=613228

enjoy your trolling :cool:

Don't usually respond to calling out, but I felt you might be a little misinformed there.

1. SirCopperfield is a troll. He clearly didn't get his 50s deleted 'by his wife', and his 'thanks' is to continue trolling people like you.

2. My thread, though it grew unexpectedly big, was hardly the first one about the Ilum boosting issue. I wanted a response so we could all know whether it was legit and we could carry on with it this weekend. I proposed the best solution, in my opinion, if we couldn't. Removing bolster altogether was unexpected, but whatever.

3. You called it a design oversight. Clearly, oversights are meant to be corrected.

Please, for the love of bantha poodoo, do NOT implement this emergency patch. I am totally against it, and I'd rather grind to near-50 this way then leveling with the side-quests and class Stories. If it wasn't intended but you don't consider this an exploit (I believe everyone has their own definition of an "exploit"), why develop a patch to "fix" something that really doesn't need to be fixed?

Besides the amount of baddies entering Warzones (as some players are saying), I couldn't care less as long as I'm getting my toons to near-50 really easily by killing the mobs on Ilum. People just need to learn how to kick others from Warzones if they're in this gear, and same applies if they queue for HM FPs.

Additionally, someone stated this:

Well I approve of bypassing the leveling process "entirely"! I approve of this way of leveling! I got into an Ops Group and I met some great players; some who even expressed their disliking to the PvE leveling.

Ugh, QFT:

Please post if you're against this! Hopefully we can stop EAWare from implementing a patch that is NOT needed. :(

I agree, just give us the 1 last weekend for the remainder of the gree event, it's not fair to people who didn't learn about it til now. I personally got a few toons to 50 that way, but not fair for others who missed this opportunity. It's not like you can get all 16 classes to 50 in 1 weekend, but if you're a new subscriber, you can at least get 2-3 toons to 50 and enjoy the endgame. As others have said, more 50s are good for the game.

Or as a compromise for those who wanted to take advantage of this but weren't able to, triple xp for 1 weekend only.

I'm all for it being patched in the future, but since the gree event is only going to be here for a few more days, don't see the point of patching it now.

What I liked most about the ilum ops groups was that people were actually working together, learning to tank, learning to heal, etc. Grouping with others and being social should be the point of the game, not a solo questing/solo space mission/solo pvp grind to 50.

This does indeed seem like a horrible solution because now they've manage to affect a third party, one that had nothing to do with it in the first place, the lvl 45-50's.

And all this for something that directly didnt affect anyone. It's just a matter of envy, that's what it is, and people dictating how others should play the game. Sad.

Exactly how i feel.

The under 50 players now will not get a bolster to stats and therefore wont be able to be a part of this event.

This fast leveling over a two day period affected nobody, but this change afffects players that had nothing to do with the double exp. There are people just wanting to enjoy the content.

Very glad to see the patch. For all the naysayers out there, BW just said that it was not was intended. Don't act surprised your "Level 50" button will soon be removed. You may actually have to play the game now.....:eek:

Part of playing the game is boring, especially for those who have done it 5+ times. :rolleyes:

It seems silly to patch this when the Gree event finishes next Tuesday any way. One more weekend of this isn't going to hurt anyone.

Though I haven't done it myself, I don't have a problem with other people using it.

You realize the Gree event leaves, but the area stays? There's exp farming groups right now in Ilum doing it without the double exp and you still lvl fast. It will take you 20 hours instead of 10 to hit 50, that's still really fast. When the Gree event leaves this route would still be there if they don't patch it. ]

I'm glad they are patching it. If you want to grind exp, do it with people your lvl instead of relying on a broken game mechanic.

I just started playing SWTOR a week ago. I have been playing other MMO's for years (wow, rift, eve, ect.) I play these games only for the end game content and community. I am perfectly fine with paying for a monthly subscription, only playing the game once a week for the raid and wasting the rest of my time bs'ing in general chat. That being said, no matter the MMO leveling is always the same just different scenery, different wording to the quest and new monsters.

I had more fun in the 3 hours I spent on ILUM in an OPS group bs'ing with other players than I have had in the past week leveling. It finally felt like there was a community within the game. It was just about as fun as wasting hours in Barrens chat before WOW got rid off it. It was a welcome change to the monotonous leveling that is the norm with mmo's.

Why change it? I'm sure there are thousands of players who will still quest or do missions to level. But there are players like me who don't want to, Implement a leveling system similar to this, it can level at the same speed as questing and I wouldn't care. I play these games for the community and social aspects with like minded individuals. You don't see the community or the teamwork like this until you hit the level caps. But it was all there at level 24 in an ops group of people I didn't know.

Oh, yes! Patch it! Patch it! The main appeal of this game is the story. If you skip most of it, even the side quests, you're missing over half the game. If it wasn't intended they want to remove it because it wasn't intended. How does that not make sense to you?

I don't understand the logic of people boosting. Play the game and skip through it, then complain about no end-game stuff. If you don't want to play the majority of the game why play at all?

Have you actually played a Bioware rpg?

Really? because I haven't been able to... everytime I try to play a bioware game, 900% out of hundred, I'm stuck navigating through conversation trees. Bioware single player story games make you re-listen/re-read the same dialogue over and over again, until you hit the right combination of renegade/paragaon/lightside/darkside/companion affection points you want, but only after you quicksaved/quickloaded/hit-ESC-to-abort-conversation, x100 times to fully map out a conversation with just 1 npc. ALL THOSE HOOPS, just so you can pick the best optimal conversation choices for the direction you are going with your character.

GL trying to fully experience every conversation option in SWTOR, and having the attention span, short term memory to remember any of it in any semblance of actual plot. GL, trying not to "miss over half the game."

A Bioware-game's spoken word dialogue boil down to picking the correct options to give you +Affection with your companion, after you map out the sequence of 1's, 2's, or 3's. WHEN, you finally figure out the correct sequence, you're already too ticked off, to care about the dialogue your characters are actually supposed to have. MY STRUGGLE through dialogue trees! Bioware should just put on-screen visual mouse-over or always-on indicators that tell exactly what rewards you're getting from a particular option.

Example:

Option 1 gives you -1 affection with Kaliyo

Option 2 gives you +20 affection with Kaylio

Option 3 gives you -1 affection with Kaliyo

• You just listened to three sets of lines to figure out option 2 gives you +20 affection. Hit esc twice to get to the other options

Now this conversation has a second part:

Option 1 gives you +20 affection with Kaylio

Option 2 gives you -1 affection with Kaliyo

• You just listened to another 3 sets of lines to figure out option 1 gives you +20 affection. Hit esc twice to get to the other options

This conversation is dragging on, it's now at 3 parts....

Option 1 gives you +20 affection with Kaylio

Option 2 gives you -1 affection with Kaliyo

• You have now listened to a total of 9 sets of lines to figure out you need to press; 2, 1 ,1 to get +60 affection with your companion. Hit esc at least 6 times to get to the other options

G O D help you, when your conversation reaches 6 sets of 3 options. and you end up listening, and escaping out of 20+ sets of lines. Just to get through 1 CONVERSATION in this game. repeat this conversation procedure 200x to get through one class' story

OH YEAH, OH BOY. OH JOY. the story is the besttest part of a bioware game. OH JOY. I'm so happy I spent 10 minutes to get through one multi-option conversation.

NOPE. I'd take my bolstered.--cartel-experience-boosted,-- double exp first and Then, somewhere down the line, many months from now, figure out if I have time to circumnavigate story mission conversation trees.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand the logic of people boosting. Play the game and skip through it, then complain about no end-game stuff. If you don't want to play the majority of the game why play at all?

Play the game and skip through it, then complain about no end-game stuff.
I don't see anyone complaining about end-game content here. The people who complained about a lack of end-game content have already quit; the people in this thread are the ones, trying to prepare for Makeb, by raising as many level 50's possible using the double exp weekend.

double exp weekend, it's in the name of the event. It's 100% a power leveling event, and you just removed the most efficient method of power leveling........

If you don't want to play the majority of the game why play at all?
It's an mmo, mmo's are all about dailies, and weeklies. You play the mmo and stay subscribed because you are locked in, hooked and you must stay current with your daily and weekly quests. It's just something you are obligated to do once you hit 50. It's part of the mmorpg formula.

You can't join operations, or complete lv50 pvp daily/weekly until you hit level 50.....

Don't get me wrong, my best experiences in this game were enjoying the single player story, but once I hit my first level 50, my game shifted focus from story, to repeatable missions. I miss completing stories, if you could see the number of character's I have, who never leave fleet, you can tell I'm not eager to finish them.

Edited by Falensawino

No offense but they patched it (probably) because of all the ****heads that used it to grind to level 50 from below level 45. So don't blame the "whiners" or "no-lifers" for that.

P.S. You spell "whiners" with one n. ;)

The whole point of Double XP weekends is to get people to 50 in preparation for the expansion, so that argument falls a bit flat.

So it is basically whiners saying, "I don't like doing things with other people, but it's not fair that people who do work with others have an advantage! Fix this Bioware!!"

To that end, in keeping with this "fix", I think they should introduce a patch where grouping with others causes all enemies hitpoints, damage and resistances to multiply by the number of players in the group.

Similarly, all players will have their hitpoints, damage and resistances divided by the number of players in the group.

That way it's "fair".

Edited by jovianus

It was an unintended game mechanic. Period. They enabled Double EXP for the reason of leveling faster. Be grateful? Actually complaining about Double EXP not being enough to where the Ilum boosting should be left alone too? Lol....

In a perfect world, where everyone reaching 50 knew exactly what they were doing for raids and PvP, I would be okay with the Ilum boosting. However, LOW levels are using this to boost their characters all the way to 50 just because they are too lazy to level through the right way. Not just low levels, I mean low levels who have no clue about game mechanics / class mechanics / etc. They are getting to 50 and just polluting end-game content, both PvE and PvP with absolutely no clue on how to use their associated toon.

There are more than just people who "don't want to level an 8th or 9th toon". Stop being so narrow minded. There ARE people using this like an exploit to get to 50, where they have no business being there. Sorry, I'd rather not have people running around in Level 40+ end game content without a clue about how things work. Not EVERYONE knows what they are doing in an MMO and some are just using this to level for the hell of it. It's not right and it should be patched.

Edited by Kestalas

Very glad to see the patch. For all the naysayers out there, BW just said that it was not was intended. Don't act surprised your "Level 50" button will soon be removed. You may actually have to play the game now.....:eek:

Let me ask you this... when you run a flashpoint, do you clear all the mobs in your path, or are you like the vast majority who run crazy, convoluted paths to bypass "trash" or other non-essential mobs? Those mobs were put there for a reason, and killing them is what EA/BioWare INTENDED for players to do. I'd be really interested to find out how many of the people calling this an exploit actually participate in the aforementioned type of run. Any that do so are, by our own definitions, exploiters and cheaters as well.

the problem with this is that exploits ruin a game by making everyone level 50 no one builds there characters right, warzones become filled with weak lvl 50's, and just overall is stupid

i am fully for this patch if your to lazy to level your alts the right way then dont make an alt simple as that

if you want a pure example of what this game would be like if this were to continue and not be patched i would advise you to download Perfect World International which has 2 lvl exploits

I look forward to the patching.

exactly... most players are bad enough at the game when they level correctly... this BS of powerleveling just lets bad players get to max level faster and then demand the game be nerfed so they can win without being any good.

the problem with this is that exploits ruin a game by making everyone level 50 no one builds there characters right, warzones become filled with weak lvl 50's, and just overall is stupid

i am fully for this patch if your to lazy to level your alts the right way then dont make an alt simple as that

if you want a pure example of what this game would be like if this were to continue and not be patched i would advise you to download Perfect World International which has 2 lvl exploits

The expansion is all 50+ content. If players don't have max level characters, there's no reason to PURCHASE the expansion. Let's be real... EA/BioWare isn't running double EXP weekends to be nice, they're doing it to create a larger base of expansion purchasers.

The power leveling situation has created a few issues in regard to inexperienced and/or under-geared players in warzones, but it all balances out when one considers that the inexperienced are polluting both factions. I'll admit that I was upset when I entered a 50 warzone with my fresh 50 sniper (NOT leveled in Ilum, but almost entirely in PVP matches) and I was the only one with more than 21k HP... hell, I was the only one with more than 18k HP, and one player only has 12k. They don't have optimized gear, but then again, how many fresh 50's do?

Bottom line is that EA/BioWare NEEDS more people to hit level 50 ASAP. Shutting down power leveling while giving out double experience just doesn't make sense to me.

Some people, myself included, will rarely get to experience raid type gameplay in SWTOR due to the player imposed gear requirements, etc. For us, Ilum was an opportunity to participate in a large party environment where the focus was on working together to grind mobs regardles of your gear, etc. it's regrettable that some choose to needlessly deprive us of that.