Gunnery Commandos lol

Kovaos

This class is a joke. It's a much less useful/powerful version of a GS. I give props to the Gunnery Commandos that have stuck with the class. I took advantage of the double xp weekend to roll a Trooper, which I would have never done because of the horror stories I've heard about them. I'm doing alright in WZs, but probably mostly due to playing a GS and the play styles are similar.

In comparison of the two a GS has a ton more burst, survivability (mostly due to cover/hunker down), and something I don't see mentioned often is positioning. I just don't understand why this class has been ignored for so long. 2.0 is not going to change. If anything, the buff to sorcs/sages and snipers/gunslingers is going make this class much worse in WZs.

This toon will never be my main, but these guys need something in PvP.

This class is a joke. It's a much less useful/powerful version of a GS. I give props to the Gunnery Commandos that have stuck with the class. I took advantage of the double xp weekend to roll a Trooper, which I would have never done because of the horror stories I've heard about them. I'm doing alright in WZs, but probably mostly due to playing a GS and the play styles are similar.

In comparison of the two a GS has a ton more burst, survivability (mostly due to cover/hunker down), and something I don't see mentioned often is positioning. I just don't understand why this class has been ignored for so long. 2.0 is not going to change. If anything, the buff to sorcs/sages and snipers/gunslingers is going make this class much worse in WZs.

This toon will never be my main, but these guys need something in PvP.

And this dawned on you...when?

And this dawned on you...when?

I had heard the stories and looked at their forums and that super long thread to help commandos/mercs but wanted to see for myself. The double xo weekend was a great opportunity to do this as I would never invest time into this class on a regular basis. This is especially true now.

For now, I'll get him to 50 during the double xp weekends then he is going on the shelf until the class is worth playing.

I rolled a Gunnery around March last year, geared him about 5 months ago, and PvP with him when bored.

I'll be honest, the damage output seems ok, but I feel for those who play them regularly as the utility just sucks.

In short, easiest class to shutdown ever lol, but fun to do in Regs when nobody is paying attention to you.

:D

I rolled a Gunnery around March last year, geared him about 5 months ago, and PvP with him when bored.

I'll be honest, the damage output seems ok, but I feel for those who play them regularly as the utility just sucks.

In short, easiest class to shutdown ever lol, but fun to do in Regs when nobody is paying attention to you.

:D

this. damage output is great when you actually have a chance to pewpew.

but the spec has the longest wind-up time in the game (longer than TTK in almost every case) and is so vulnerable to interrupts that it doesnt take long before it is frustrating. if you just face a ton of bads youll do fine, but good players will eat you

An SS Gunslinger would do much more damage left alone than a gunny Commando could dream of.

In equivalent gear with equivalent skill and if both are allowed to free cast to their heart's content, their damage would be similar. What would be the real determining factor would be the CoF procs.

An SS Gunslinger would do much more damage left alone than a gunny Commando could dream of.

That really depends on spec tbh. I've been left alone on both AC's (MM/Gunnery), and have pulled similar numbers. Sabo spec will rack up more damage due to AoE, and DF could swing either way depending on the opfor's up-time.