New 2.0 Vengence Rotation Questions

GregAlia

Yup! I continued Makeb last night between levels 53-54 and was consistently parsing between 1500-1800 with plenty of spikes close to 2000. This was on strongs & elites with the same gear as I mentioned above.

Thats good, I thought I might be behind. I was parsing 2100 at level 50 with no stim, 61 mods, and no set bonus and thought that was bad seeing others parse at 2600. And I was lagging badly on the fleet too.

GOod to see I'm parsing the same numbers as everyone else. I though the 7 month break would make my skills rusty =P

Thats good, I thought I might be behind. I was parsing 2100 at level 50 with no stim, 61 mods, and no set bonus and thought that was bad seeing others parse at 2600. And I was lagging badly on the fleet too.

GOod to see I'm parsing the same numbers as everyone else. I though the 7 month break would make my skills rusty =P

Quick question- is the 2100 at level 50 with 61 mods a result of the bolster bug or is that exactly what one should be getting?

*dances happily* Good! I like working a bit for my numbers instead of running around de-robed.

I dont want to ruin your happy dance, but it was easy. The rotation once you figure it out is surprisingly flowing. Only thing is, the 2pc or 4pc bonus (the saber throw reduction) is really important as it makes it much easier to keep focus.

But I was also lagging when I started the parses, so I assume if I wasn't lagging it would be higher. And if i had a stim on, would be even higher.

2500 should be easily reached IMO once you get the hang of the rotation. Maybe even higher when I get to 55, and fully optimize the gear.

I dont want to ruin your happy dance, but it was easy. The rotation once you figure it out is surprisingly flowing. Only thing is, the 2pc or 4pc bonus (the saber throw reduction) is really important as it makes it much easier to keep focus.

But I was also lagging when I started the parses, so I assume if I wasn't lagging it would be higher. And if i had a stim on, would be even higher.

2500 should be easily reached IMO once you get the hang of the rotation. Maybe even higher when I get to 55, and fully optimize the gear.

Could you post a link to one of your parses?

Vicious Throw: In Vengeance tree we get a new move called "Destroyer." What destroyer does is increase our bleed damage by 9% as well as could cause Ravage or our bleeds, or sometimes just hitting assault, to proc vicious throw for free. Not only does this REALLY boost our DPS but gives us a free rage. Furthermore, vicious throw adds one stack to the force scream critical so it is a nice thing to have when shatter or impale are on cool down.

Ah. Guess I read the talents to fast, missed BOTH the proc-on-bleed AND the fact that vicious throw adds to force scream crit. Sweet. Now, just gotta get to 55..

At level 53, you can get better parses I've found.

And better at 54.. And the best at 55 vs. the ops dummy. Thing might look bright and shiny at sub-55 lvls, but it's at 55 it matters. :)

But yeah, numbers during lvling looks promising. Cant wait to start raiding and stuff!

Ah. Guess I read the talents to fast, missed BOTH the proc-on-bleed AND the fact that vicious throw adds to force scream crit. Sweet. Now, just gotta get to 55..

And better at 54.. And the best at 55 vs. the ops dummy. Thing might look bright and shiny at sub-55 lvls, but it's at 55 it matters. :)

But yeah, numbers during lvling looks promising. Cant wait to start raiding and stuff!

My raid group is doing EV NiM tonight to farm those exp points. Looking forward to it :).

Could you post a link to one of your parses?

yea sure when the servers go back up :p Oh and when I can get back into KP. I dont think you want the parses of me hitting the lvl 10 training dummy.

Though the parses at these levels kinda don't mean much. Mattmonkey has a parse from the PTS, which is pretty much what my rotation looks like, more or less.

yea sure when the servers go back up :p Oh and when I can get back into KP. I dont think you want the parses of me hitting the lvl 10 training dummy.

Though the parses at these levels kinda don't mean much. Mattmonkey has a parse from the PTS, which is pretty much what my rotation looks like, more or less.

The servers haven't gone down, they're very much up. Also, there are level 55 dummies on the Ziost Shadow.

priority list

1. vicious throw

2. ravage

3. shatter

4. imaple

5. scream

6. vicious slash

rage building priority list

1. sundering assault

2. saber throw

3. smash

simple as that. This is assuming you have the marauder 2 pc set bonus that grants 8 percent damage buff to ravage instead of the 2 pc set bonus that buffs scream (which you should be using).

build is 4/36/5

The servers haven't gone down, they're very much up. Also, there are level 55 dummies on the Ziost Shadow.

My server was down at the time I posted it :p

Also, I'm not level 55, not until Sunday that is. So I can't hit the 55 dummy.

When you say bleeds, basically you reffering to

1) Shatter

2) Impale

3) Force Scream

?

Here's my best parse on the training dummy at 55- http://www.torparse.com/a/180667

When I was checking my numbers on mox, which combines all the bleeding damage together, I noticed my bleeds came jut over Ravage. I think the new priority may have to be 1) Bleeds 2) Ravage 3) Force Scream 4) Impale 5) Shatter 6) Vicious Throw. Has anyone else noticed this?

Opener:

Saber Throw -> Force Charge -> Ravage

Priority List:

1. Sundering Assault (when at 5 rage or less)

2. Shatter

3. Impale

4. Scream (w/ 2 stacks of Savagery)

5. Ravage (w/ Weaponmaster 2pc bonus)

6. Saber Throw (w/ Vindicator 2pc set bonus)

7. Vicious Throw

8. Smash

9. Vicious Slash (filler when having suffiecient rage)

10. Assault (should never need to use this unless really unlucky with procs)

Does this make sense?

Fixed.

I have several questions here:

1. By prioritizing Shatter and Impale above Ravage aren't you potentially passing up free procs of Ravage? For example in the possible (yet rare) chance that both Shatter and Impale cause a proc of Ravage wouldn't it be better to do Ravage > Shatter (proc) > Ravage > Impale (proc) > Ravage vs Ravage > Shatter (proc) > Impale (already proced) > Ravage

2. Is there a reason you exclude Enrage? It seem like an instant (doesn't even affect GCD) 6 rage generation is better than assaults two with low damage.

3. Smash doesn't really seem worth it unless you're targeting 3 or more mobs at once, unless you are specing into it (I'd be curious to see what talents you're using).

I have several questions here:

1. By prioritizing Shatter and Impale above Ravage aren't you potentially passing up free procs of Ravage? For example in the possible (yet rare) chance that both Shatter and Impale cause a proc of Ravage wouldn't it be better to do Ravage > Shatter (proc) > Ravage > Impale (proc) > Ravage vs Ravage > Shatter (proc) > Impale (already proced) > Ravage

2. Is there a reason you exclude Enrage? It seem like an instant (doesn't even affect GCD) 6 rage generation is better than assaults two with low damage.

3. Smash doesn't really seem worth it unless you're targeting 3 or more mobs at once, unless you are specing into it (I'd be curious to see what talents you're using).

1: There is a 9 second cooldown on the Ravager proc, so in your example: if Ravage procs off the first Shatter it will not proc on an Impale immediately following. If we are talking opening rotation, then it's a different ballgame.

2: Enrage should be used when you need rage and either Sunder is on CD or you are in the middle of your rotation and don't want to skip a GCD to Sunder. There's really not a set place to put it since Ravager procs refund rage and they aren't predictable.

3: Smash is a rage-free (actually it builds 1 rage) attack that does decent damage and fits nicely into the rotation when Impale/Shatter/Ravage are on CD, Most Vengeance builds take the free ravage talent and the 2 point damage increase talent in Rage.

Edit: It really is hard to put a solid priority/rotation together for Vengeance since there are so many if-then scenarios that one could come up with that throw the whole idea out the window. For instance: under 30%, V.Throw becomes much more critical to use on cooldown, because you are throwing away procs otherwise [There's no getting around the fact that you are going to waste Scream procs at sub-30%. It is what it is, and using a bunch of filler to avoid it is not worth it]. Also, it trumps Impale in the priority list if you are within the 9 second window between Ravager procs.

Edited by ssfish