Powertech players it is time to stand up and be heard!

GostGajol

1) Give back 6% elemental damage bonus, just like how it was at the start of 2.0

2) Put Flamethrower critical bonus damage into the +30% category. This will make up for the Flame Burst surge loss. I'd also suggest making Flamethrower cost 21 heat at 3 stacks of Prototype Flamethrower, but I'll take the surge bonus over that any day.

3) Give an "execute" ability to Retractable Blade, i.e. give it a 30% damage boost to targets below 30% health.

4) Give back the 3% critical chance to Power Loaders at the top tree, but make it tech critical chance...not ranged. Making it ranged was just stupid to begin with, made no sense!

Simple fixes, and boom, AP is a great damage spec.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Give back 6% elemental damage bonus, just like how it was at the start of 2.0

2) Put Flamethrower critical bonus damage into the +30% category. This will make up for the Flame Burst surge loss. I'd also suggest making Flamethrower cost 21 heat at 3 stacks of Prototype Flamethrower, but I'll take the surge bonus over that any day.

3) Give an "execute" ability to Retractable Blade, i.e. give it a 30% damage boost to targets below 30% health.

4) Give back the 3% critical chance to Power Loaders at the top tree, but make it tech critical chance...not ranged. Making it ranged was just stupid to begin with, made no sense!

Simple fixes, and boom, AP is a great damage spec.

I'd be ecstatic to have 2 and 3. Hell even just 3 would be delicious.

AP on live is less powerful than nearly all other DPS specs in pvp. That's pretty much unanimous. It is playable, but you sure won't see any AP's in ranked WZ's on live.

Now, at first on 2.0 it looked pretty good. We got an additional increase to dps on bleeding targets (3%), and increased internal/elemental damage to our cylinder (8% from 5%), for a flat total of 6% dps increase, plus shoulder cannon and it's spec box. That would have been fantastic, but to prevent the overpowered Hybrid from remaining, all they needed to do was tie Charged Gauntlets to HEGC. That's it. That's all they had to do.

Instead....

They reduced our cylinder back to 5%, AND nerfed the spec box for cylinders to an absurd 1% boost (down from 3%), for a total cylinder loss of 5%. Specced, your cylinder is 6% in 2.0, down from 8% which is on live.

In addition, the removal of surge from flame burst and added to RB is also a net DPS loss. Sure, it's nice to have a spec built around RB, but consider that 1. FB had 10m range, RB is 4m, and 2. FB did considerably more base damage than RB, and benefitted from your cylinder's internal/elemental damage boost. (RB is kinetic damage).

So for summary -

AP has lost 2% DPS from our cylinder

Lost 30% Surge from FB and placed onto a drastically less bursty move (RB)

True, now that pyro is nerfed, the gap is closer between those two specs...maybe.

But, when taking into consideration the buffs to the other top DPS classes, AP is even further behind in overall damage than before, making it simply nonviable for high-end ops and ranked WZ's.

sounds like their dislike for hybrids got the best of them.. that's a shame really but i'll still stick to AP i cant stand pyro it's just to damn boring and tanking is'nt for me

pyrotech/assault spec needed a huge nerf , however that beeing sad, AP / tactics should have been buffed.

Wrong. The pyro hybrid that used changed gauntlet is what needed a nerf as the dps in that spec was crazy, but Bioware screwed up and nerfed the cgc dot too. The need to roll back the cgc dot change. Before the cgc nerf on the pts, pyros who were not using the hybrid charged gauntlet spec were parsing right along maras and snipers, so the cgc dot nerd was really uncalled for and not needed.

Wrong. The pyro hybrid that used changed gauntlet is what needed a nerf as the dps in that spec was crazy, but Bioware screwed up and nerfed the cgc dot too. The need to roll back the cgc dot change. Before the cgc nerf on the pts, pyros who were not using the hybrid charged gauntlet spec were parsing right along maras and snipers, so the cgc dot nerd was really uncalled for and not needed.

This x100.

That is the point I've been trying to get across. We were just barely behind Mara's and Snipers before the CGC nerf, now we're just lol.

Edited by ScytheEleven

This x100.

That is the point I've been trying to get across. We were just barely behind Mara's and Snipers before the CGC nerf, now we're just lol.

I know. I think most people who said pyro needed that nerf either do not pve or are snipers/maras who don't want any other dps to put up numbers close to theirs.

The nerfs to Pyro tech and AP do not make any sense. PT in WZs have one function, damage. They are the weakest AC in terms of survivability, but were doing very well, because that was compensated by high damage.

First, the overall nerf to crtic chance, while across the board for all AC, the pyro tech specifically has improved surge for a couple of the main damaging skills. Cutting the critic chance will significantly reduces pyro techs ability to burst enemies, while other leader dps AC (marauders and juggs) have a 100% of critic on their main damaging attacks (scream and smash), thus the nerf does not even effect them.

Rail shot loses 15% armor penetration. Not a big nerf, but weakens pyro techs ability to burn down tanks. Still 75% is pretty considerable armor penetration.

Thermal detonator damage over 12 secs. That does not make sense at all. It already takes 5 secs for it to blow, now 12 secs to get full damage. Full 17 secs. For PvE that does not make a difference (and no one used it anyway), for PvP that limits the class effectiveness significantly. The dot damage in PvP is not useful unless it is over a duration below 5 secs.

Cutting CGC by half. This does not make sense at all. Is this a PvP or PvE nerf? And Why? CGC does good damage to PvE and was an additional high damaging dot in PvP. As result of this change alone PTs are no longer a valid option as a dps in Ops and FPs, since the dps is low and they have no utility. Its not a big nerf alone for PvP, but considering all other nerfs up top. This nerf specifically does not make any sense. And no, the increased change to apply it from ranged attacks mean nothing, because its 100% from flame burst.

There is no reason to discuss AP nerfs. Tree was unplayable and still isn't.

Conclusion, for PvP PT no longer provide burst damage or good sustained damage, and survivability is pretty weak. They are still the least favorable tank spec. why would anyone bring them as dps, when almost all other ACs have stronger dps output and better survivability?

For PvE the damage is even bigger (at least in PvP PT have taunts and pull for utility). Low damage no utility, and again the least favorite tank spec.

Can some dev explain to us what is the purposes of these nerfs, beside making the class unplayable, which seems as the only logical explanation?

With the amount of people that complained repeatedly about this. I highly doubt any of these changes will be rolled backed. I could be wrong. I started off as a tank for my guild, and then started tanking/dpsing. I use both trees respectively, but liked pyro a bit more. Not for simplicity because I think both of there rotations are simple. People that say it needed a nerf. I suspect they never really played the whole tree at all, or their a bunch of half assed pvpers that couldn't withstand the burstiness of the class.

Fair does, but until BW manage to split PvE and PvP trees they'll have to meet somewhere in between, and as of right now PT and VG are ludicrously easy to play in PvP and get massive damage numbers. Even in pre50 they can do about 3-4k damage in like 6 seconds and that's not using anything other than Flame burst ( a cheap non-cd skill might I add)

oh i did WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than that, its all about timing your assault Plastique with HiB

both go off/hit at the same time??? BOOM BABY

Response from Dev:

Hey guys. I've seen a lot of posts about "nerfs" to Advanced Prototype. In reality, AP was nerfed only on PTS. For 2.0, we initially made some errors in AP's balance, which we later corrected on the PTS.

Players coming to 2.0 straight from the live game will not see any nerfs to Advanced Prototype. Some damage has been moved from some skills and put into other skills, but AP is not getting nerfed from the live game to 2.0. In fact, like every other skill tree, AP is receiving the appropriate amount of damage increases to see it hitting new targets at level 55.

Does not look like AP or Pyro will be getting anything changed since the 3/14 patch. Appreciate that we finally got a response, but not what I was hoping to hear.

Benching my PT, rolling a Mara.

Yeah its gpod they did respond but unfortunately we do see the nerf or at least nerf from the initial 2.0 AP data. So i will check out AP on the 9th but its entirely possible I wil refocus on my main (Madness) and alt (Sniper) and maybe my rep toons

Response from Dev:

Does not look like AP or Pyro will be getting anything changed since the 3/14 patch. Appreciate that we finally got a response, but not what I was hoping to hear.

Sorry but that's a load of crap. Our cylinder took a flat 2% overall decrease from what it currently is on live. That, alone, is a nerf. RB is a weaker attack with shorter range than flame burst and does not benefit from our cylinder as flame burst does, ON LIVE. So, yes, that is a nerf.

where was this dev post?

Response from Dev:

Let me translate that for you all.

Yes we did nerf powertechs and to stop the Powertech players from unsubscribing right now we are going to lie to you and say we actually buffed ap and not mention that pyro is one of the lowest pve dps now, just slight ahead of assassins.

That is all.

lol no pyrotech is redicolous on live... Its burst is just insane with like ... 3 buttons, pvp wise.

lol no pyrotech is redicolous on live... Its burst is just insane with like ... 3 buttons, pvp wise.

He was talking about on the PTS server. With the 15% armor pen nerf to rail shot, and the massive crit nerf, a PT's burst was significantly lessened on the PTS even before the CGC nerf. When the PTS forums were up, many PT's had actually dropped TD from their PVP build because of the crit nerf, thus killing their burst but making it easier to sustain their damage.

That post from the dev is the stupidest thing I've read on these forums in a long time. 2.0 is going to suck for us :(

That post just shows how clueless some of these devs are. This game needs new devs who actually know how to properly balance classes and what is sad is that it seems the community could do a better job at balancing classes atm then Bioware

Response from Dev:

Dear arsehole developer,

It is a nerf you jerk off!

That post just shows how clueless some of these devs are. This game needs new devs who actually know how to properly balance classes and what is sad is that it seems the community could do a better job at balancing classes atm then Bioware

Yep, that awkward moment when the players are more knowledgeable of their class than the developers.

Bumping:cool:

Well leveling a Mara now.

Also for everyone saying Pyro does too much damage and is uber easy to play, I started playing a Sorc healer 2 days ago and scored 4x in a huttball game while still putting out 120k heals at lvl 28. Never done that on my Pyro... I guess all classes are easy to play:rolleyes:

Bumping:cool:

Well leveling a Mara now.

Also for everyone saying Pyro does too much damage and is uber easy to play, I started playing a Sorc healer 2 days ago and scored 4x in a huttball game while still putting out 120k heals at lvl 28. Never done that on my Pyro... I guess all classes are easy to play:rolleyes:

Be a mercenary in a ranked game dominated by pyrotech/assaults, focus/rage-specs, and healy scoundrels/operatives.

Come back with that sense of entitlement of what it easy and what is not.

Be a mercenary in a ranked game dominated by pyrotech/assaults, focus/rage-specs, and healy scoundrels/operatives.

Come back with that sense of entitlement of what it easy and what is not.

The point you have missed. Ease of play and usefulness of a class/spec are different. I have a merc that has been shelved since 1.3 that when i rolled a pyro. I dont play my merc because he isnt wanted and other classes are better. My point was there isnt a DIFFICULT class to play.

The point you have missed. Ease of play and usefulness of a class/spec are different. I have a merc that has been shelved since 1.3 that when i rolled a pyro. I dont play my merc because he isnt wanted and other classes are better. My point was there isnt a DIFFICULT class to play.

yeah merc isn't difficult to play it just sucks. I wonder if pyro powertech will still be as strong as it is now or if I should just wait for merc to get fixed(my guess is by 2015).

Edited by MarkXXIV